**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I haven't seen the answer posted anywhere yet. I use the discounted 5* featured purchase and buy a feature 5* crystal for 11k shards. I hold that featured crystal until the next featured crystal comes around..does the crystal I bought contain the original champs from the time when I bought it, or the new, updated feature pool?

All featured crystals are unique, meaning you cannot save them to when there is a crystal you like better comes out. You will only ever get the champs that were listed for that crystal.
    Back with the old style crystals, I wouldn't have even bothered to ask, because they were very obviously different crystals. The current generation of featured look to be really no different than one another. And prior to the summoner sigil, there would have been no reason to "save" an unopened feature crystal, because the shards would save just as well as the full crystal. Are we sure the current "featured" are unique?
    100%
  • Zuro said:

I don't see why they can't also offer a way to pay with units

Because the purpose of it is to get new people in the "willing to spend money" category.
    Basically. It is what monetization people would call a conversion offer. Everyone who buys it is great, but it is obviously (to me, anyway) targeted at trying to convert free to play players into paying players, and also infrequent spenders into regular spenders, by offering something of better than average value for relatively low cash.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Well now that the Summoner's Sigil has been out for a couple months. I'd like to say that it hasn't broken the game at all and just like I said then it isn't worth it for most end game players. I still think if they want my 10 dollars a month they need to make it more enticing. I suggest weekly battleships or treasury amounts the price for maps 1-7. there are so many untapped markets that Kabam could tap into. So just up the ante.
  • VancexClaRiiVancexClaRii Posts: 178

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I haven't seen the answer posted anywhere yet. I use the discounted 5* featured purchase and buy a feature 5* crystal for 11k shards. I hold that featured crystal until the next featured crystal comes around..does the crystal I bought contain the original champs from the time when I bought it, or the new, updated feature pool?

That featured crystal you have has the same pool at the time you purchased it.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

What will happen to items in my inventory that exceed the stash limit after I stop purchasing the Sigil?

Eg, currently I can hold up to 6 T5B. If I get the Sigil it says 25% expansion, so let's say it allows me to hold up to 8 (since 1.25*6 is 7.5).

Next month I do not renew my subscription to Sigil - I have 8 T5B in stash, but the maximum is 6. Do I continue holding on to 8 in my stash, except that I cannot get any more new ones and they go to the overflow? And overtime as I use up my T5B, my max limit falls back down to 6?

Assuming this works the same way for potions, revives etc?

They said it at some point, yes, that is exactly how it works
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I suppose the addition or increase in the number of certain champs makes them"unique" but nothing else does. Certainly not their drop rates.
    As for 10 dollars worth of units??? What is that exactly? Starlords overpriced lootbag? And it may be 10 dollars worth of units at 10 dollars but when they decide to raise the price and not the rewards? And units are only one form of this games currency. Bottom line gonna pass.
    Rap said:

As for 10 dollars worth of units??? What is that exactly? Starlords overpriced lootbag? And it may be 10 dollars worth of units at 10 dollars but when they decide to raise the price and not the rewards? And units are only one form of this games currency. Bottom line gonna pass.

they have stated they have no intention to raise the price, that was a disclaimer. But pass if you want to, no one is stopping ya.
    Starlords loot bag won't even buy you a featered at 300 units...the values set in the game are all questionable. So for ten dollars a month i get units, just not enough for anything and if i use em on a crystal i will probably get a 3*, so for ten bucks a month...not looking for more three stars.
    Rap said:

Starlords loot bag won't even buy you a featered at 300 units...the values set in the game are all questionable. So for ten dollars a month i get units, just not enough for anything and if i use em on a crystal i will probably get a 3*, so for ten bucks a month...not looking for more three stars.

There is a lot more you get than just the units, but hate on something you dont understand, we get it.
  • I bought this the first month, but ain't gonna buy it again. Especially after seeing it gets ya an XP boost. Sigil is more for beginner accounts.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Rap said:

I hear there's a lot more value in the $5 card that gives you over 720 units a month for logging in daily if you're looking for units specifically. I'm f2p and that's probably the only thing that would remotely appeal to me. But they are at least trying to provide more value for those of us who don't see the offers worth spending on.
  • HaamertailHaamertail Posts: 109
    Sigil is broken.. Refresh for tier 1-3 class isn't going every 5 days as intended
  • HaamertailHaamertail Posts: 109

See above
  • StronstVngrStronstVngr Posts: 178
    My sigil is coming to an end, and the benefits that I saw with my 30 day "test run", I'm sorry to say, do not justify me renewing. If rewards were better, and the energy renewing was as fast as it was during the initial test run week, when we all got it for free, it may be worth renewing, but sadly, not right now.

Oh, and the "gold circle" should be daily, not weekly. and the summoners test, or whatever it's called in the solo rewards, renewed sooner, that would be better as well.
  • YouCantSeeMe2YouCantSeeMe2 Posts: 15
    Sigil Items in the black Iso market are not resetting?? Wonder if Sigil is broken!
    You had one job Kabam!
    No way I will continue my subscription
    Every purchase involving shards is locked ...!!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Could somebody please explain to me how or where this “Quicker Recharge” of Energy during quests exist? Because I’ve yet to see a decrease in the time it takes for ANY of the Energy’s to recharge, be it the Quest Energy, AQ Energy, AW Energy. It still takes 5 Minutes for 1 Energy in Quests, and 60 minutes for 1 Energy in AQ and AW.

NowLOCKED most of the items in the ISO Black Market. It’s telling me that I’m not eligible because I haven’t finished Act 2 or Act 3, etc. So, has KABAM decided to take away my Hard Earned UNCOLLECTED Status?

Come on KABAM!

The last time I’d seen such Crappy Quality Control was when I was dealing with a Manufacturer from a 3rd World Country!!

If you except people to pay for this type of ****, watch as everybody’s current Subscription runs out and they don’t renew! >:)
    I agree except that the normal quest energy is 6 minutes
    Sigil energy is 5 mins
  • br10050br10050 Posts: 8
    How will you compensate for the black iso market issue? This is absolutely related to money. I guess some people can’t buy items because sigil is expired while you’re working. You should notify us what going on more frequently and state about compensation.
    @Thicco_Mode it's literally only a minute difference per energy? That doesn't seem like much of an advantage at all.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

@Thicco_Mode it's literally only a minute difference per energy? That doesn't seem like much of an advantage at all.

6 minutes recharge is 10 energy per hour. 5 minutes recharge is 12 energy per hour. It is 20% more energy.

Even accounting for things like sleeping eight hours a day, its roughly 900 more energy a month. For reference, full completion of the monthly event at one of the higher difficulty tiers (say, master or UC) tends to cost somewhere around 1500-1600 energy or thereabouts. So it is a bit more than half of a difficulty tier in energy.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,717 ★★★
    Definitely worth $10/month, and I'm a veteran player
    @DNA3000 that makes more sense. Thanks for adding the details there to that
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    The added energy helps only if u play often throughout a day. If u just sit and play a few hours here or there it doesnt make much of a difference. I would prefer energy refills so i could choose when to use extra energy instead of reducing the refresh time by a small amount.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

The added energy helps only if u play often throughout a day. If u just sit and play a few hours here or there it doesnt make much of a difference. I would prefer energy refills so i could choose when to use extra energy instead of reducing the refresh time by a small amount.

You get extra refills from Test of the Cavalier too.
    TyEdge said:

Neotwism said:

You get extra refills from Test of the Cavalier too.
    Assuming you complete Test of the Cavalier, it is 3 small and one large refill every seven days. Assuming the level and energy cap (70), that's 85 energy in refills every 7 days, or about 364 energy per 30 day period pro-rated (340 every 28 days) in refills.
    Neotwism said:

It depends. If you aren't playing during the day to burn energy, you could be at full energy in between sessions which makes the benefit low or zero. But if your play sessions aren't widely separated, you could get significant benefit relative to how much energy you use.

For example, if you play once in the morning and once in the evening, you'd likely be spending on the order of 140 energy per day, slightly more depending on how fast you play (in the time it takes to burn 70 energy you might recovery a couple points). The Sigil boost would have extremely tiny benefit here, adding a point or two at most, something like one percent increase or a bit more. However, if your play sessions are closer together and you aren't saturating energy, lets say someone that players once when they get home from work and once before they go to bed at night separated by say four hours, then the Sigil benefit would be something closer to eight energy per day on top of 110 energy normal used (plus or minus a couple) which would be something closer to a 7% increase in energy usable.

People who play less often will tend to get less absolute benefit, but depending on how they play they could get more relative benefit than first glance suggests, and those players might find the extra energy more valuable overall because they would likely be more energy constrained than players that use energy more efficiently throughout the day.