**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Upcoming Annihilus and Human Torch Balance Changes

Comments

• mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 989 ★★★★
    @Kobster84 That would be a reasonable trade-off, but it could still contradict why someone may have gone after a certain champ. To your specific example, someone may have wanted Cull because he is capable of such high damage output without crits because they're struggling with a champ like Mr. Sinister.
  • Yeah sure first you guys bring champion with god tier potential and you nerf them so that players will look forward to new champion
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Ebony Maw needed to be adjusted before HT and Annihilus.
  • CapMark2CapMark2 Posts: 40
    That's good news but I think Kabam should be working on the old champs who are irrelevant now like Cap Ww2, Falcon, Jug, BP, Groot, Hulkbuster ect. Those deserve serious updates
  • AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★
    I see they started working on ebony maw.. is there a post saying what they did to human torch?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

What I don’t like is how they said they may alter a champ up or down
    I’m assuming this could mean a nerf which if you do this before they are released into the basic means you are pretty much changing it after people have spent

That is true but let's be honest champs like namor and cull do too much damage. Best to stay balanced
    They have their pros and cons like any champ
    Pros or cons regardless their damage output is over the top. No more champs like these and the upcoming sunspot. There has to be some sort of balance in the game
    Try cull obsidian in 6:2 he’s pretty much useless damage output isn’t everything otherwise starlord and proxima would be the best champs in the game
    Cull can handle 6.2 if you are patient the first fight. After than it can be a breeze. I'm just saying too much damage can imbalance the roster
    You've definitely never used him in 6.2. Sure there are some paths he can cover if you're willing to keep him topped up with potions. For like at least 80% of it though, he isn't gonna do squat for you
    Maybe you're just not good with said champ? That can always be a possibility
    Ok take a 5:65 cull against all or nothing backblast Hyperion tell me how that goes
    1 fight. Okay... and the others?
    Take him against any of the DoT nodes, the nodes where you bleed through blocks, biohazard, freezer burn, against a thing, against a stun immune path, debuff immune, caustic temper, etc.....
    This is just like saying people take non immune champs to said nodes
    Like who does that
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

What I don’t like is how they said they may alter a champ up or down
    I’m assuming this could mean a nerf which if you do this before they are released into the basic means you are pretty much changing it after people have spent

That is true but let's be honest champs like namor and cull do too much damage. Best to stay balanced
    They have their pros and cons like any champ
    Pros or cons regardless their damage output is over the top. No more champs like these and the upcoming sunspot. There has to be some sort of balance in the game
    Try cull obsidian in 6:2 he’s pretty much useless damage output isn’t everything otherwise starlord and proxima would be the best champs in the game
    Cull can handle 6.2 if you are patient the first fight. After than it can be a breeze. I'm just saying too much damage can imbalance the roster
    You've definitely never used him in 6.2. Sure there are some paths he can cover if you're willing to keep him topped up with potions. For like at least 80% of it though, he isn't gonna do squat for you
    Maybe you're just not good with said champ? That can always be a possibility
    Ok take a 5:65 cull against all or nothing backblast Hyperion tell me how that goes
    1 fight. Okay... and the others?
    Take him against any of the DoT nodes, the nodes where you bleed through blocks, biohazard, freezer burn, against a thing, against a stun immune path, debuff immune, caustic temper, etc.....
    This is just like saying people take non immune champs to said nodes
    Like who does that
    No one with any sense. That was in response to someone basically saying he could roll through all of the available act 6 content and asked for fights he couldn't take
  • @Kabam Miike, what's the word on this. There has been absolutely no updates since you guys said you will be altering these guys in September. Well, it's almost the end of September and we have had many game update notices but absolutely none of them have given any more info as to what you guys are changing and when the changes will be live. I'm trying to be patient but even though I love torch and have my 5* at r4, I'm starting to be frustrated at waiting for more info as to that guy potentially becoming useful against non mystics
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

@Kabam Miike, what's the word on this. There has been absolutely no updates since you guys said you will be altering these guys in September. Well, it's almost the end of September and we have had many game update notices but absolutely none of them have given any more info as to what you guys are changing and when the changes will be live. I'm trying to be patient but even though I love torch and have my 5* at r4, I'm starting to be frustrated at waiting for more info as to that guy potentially becoming useful against non mystics

They said it would take 3 months. Why are you focusing on September?
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    humzah217 said:

Do what u gotta do Kabam 🤞

I am also looking forward to it. :#

• GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    edited October 2019
    Are you guys able to give any indication of when these champion updates are estimated to be finished? Possibly in the November update? Or December?
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    GNASTY said:

Are you guys able to give any indication of when these champion updates are estimated to be finished? Possibly in the November update? Or December?

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Any update on these two
  • Any update guys?
    I am waiting to see how ht will change in order to see if I awaken him or luke cage both 5*.
    Do you think I should wait or go with Luke cage?
  • CFree said:

@Kabam Miike, what's the word on this. There has been absolutely no updates since you guys said you will be altering these guys in September. Well, it's almost the end of September and we have had many game update notices but absolutely none of them have given any more info as to what you guys are changing and when the changes will be live. I'm trying to be patient but even though I love torch and have my 5* at r4, I'm starting to be frustrated at waiting for more info as to that guy potentially becoming useful against non mystics

They said it would take 3 months. Why are you focusing on September?
    Because the original post I read, said reworks to these 2 were coming in September and it was mentioned around the same (if not long after) time as the oml/colossus rework. The way the post sounded was that they were working on both the buffs for these 2 at the same time and would be released around September.

Are you kabam miike? Nope... so you wasted your efforts. 😉
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    For those wondering, they made a recent post in announcements that basically says OML and Col buffs will be on schedule, but they will ask the community how they feel about proposed changes to Bugsy HT CO and EM in early DECEMBER.

I’m a little miffed that HT and Bugsy aren’t next update but that’s fine.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    issamaf80 said:

GNASTY said:

Colosuss and OML are not considered balance change but a revamp so it's going ahead. HT and anni are balance changes with no ability updates just like CO, ebony, etc and paused as per announcement today. This pic is abit misleading.
  • Ice_and_FireIce_and_Fire Posts: 220
    SO, Annihilus is my top champ and I play him religiously. I may be the only one in the game who does. That being said KABAM I would love to test out new tweeks and changes to annihilus I know literally everything about his gameplay and annimation down to timing. I can help with it. Or not that's cool too.
  • Ice_and_FireIce_and_Fire Posts: 220
    Wishful thinking perhaps
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,292 ★★★★
    It’s nice and all to buff certain champs but not others is a bit unfair, spider-Gwen and she-hulk got some buff while others didn’t, Old man Logan and Colossus got buff too (I guess kabam is rechecking to make sure buff doesn’t make them too op, like she-hulk rework) while others in the meh tier are still untouched. Iron patriot, war machine, Ironman og, abomination, miles morales, ironfist, deadpool xforce, and list goes on. They should get some rework and only thing is who comes first not who should be voted for improvements.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    psp742 said:

They should get some rework and only thing is who comes first not who should be voted for improvements.

Who comes first in the “buff list” should be buffed, and the community shouldn’t vote to make that list. Riiiiiiiight. I don’t think you understand how all this works...programming can only occur so fast
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Few thousands on forum doesn't represent the entire community. There should be in-game voting option like there was feedback for sigil or aw.
  • Mr_EMr_E Posts: 129
    AndTav said:

humzah217 said:

Do what u gotta do Kabam 🤞

I am also looking forward to it. :#

Can't wait
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    PaytoPlay said:

issamaf80 said:

GNASTY said:

Colosuss and OML are not considered balance change but a revamp so it's going ahead. HT and anni are balance changes with no ability updates just like CO, ebony, etc and paused as per announcement today. This pic is abit misleading.
    I know do i look like a dumb to you