**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

A lovely, stupid Havok, OG DD interaction bug.

I'm fairly sure DD is supposed to avoid projectiles and not energy attacks. Just saying....

All havoks attacks r considered projectile?

https://youtu.be/qjN1aeBAXyk

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Those are non-contact attacks. So, projectiles.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    They are projectile just like Iron-man IW. Its an Awesome interaction.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    It's not stated that his attacks r projectile. It just says energy. I still call bug.
    His spotlight: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-havok/

"All Attacks

Havok’s Medium Attacks, Heavy Attacks, and Light combo ending attacks do not make Contact, and deal Energy Damage."

It says indirectly that those are projectiles. Not a bug
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    mydnight said:

It's not stated that his attacks r projectile. It just says energy. I still call bug.

You can call it a bug all you want, that does not make it one. His attacks are projectiles. Anything that does not make direct physical contact is considered a projectile, and logically even a laser is a projectile.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

mydnight said:

You can call it a bug all you want, that does not make it one. His attacks are projectiles. Anything that does not make direct physical contact is considered a projectile, and logically even a laser is a projectile.
    I agree with you, but there's also the anomaly of DS and Magneto. All their basic attacks are energy and should be considered projectiles but aren't.
    I guess y'all need to bust out a dictionary and look up the word projectile? Every other energy based attacker in the game can hit DD. Why can't Havok?
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    mydnight said:

I guess y'all need to bust out a dictionary and look up the word projectile? Every other energy based attacker in the game can hit DD. Why can't Havok?

Because they're projectile attacks. Not all energy attacks are projectile and no one said they were
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/projectile?s=t

Projectile (n)

an object fired from a gun with an explosive propelling charge, such as a bullet, shell, rocket, or grenade.

It doesn't say projectile in the description. It's energy based and doesn't make contact. That doesn't mean projectile, it means what it says. Anyway, I'm sure this isn't supposed to be happening.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    The best gauge of what is a projectile is can you parry stun the basic attack. If the answer is no, it’s a projectile. Yondu, Domino, Havok, and IMIW all have projectile basic attacks. Just because DS and Magneto have energy attacks doesn’t mean they should be projectile. The two are not mutually inclusive. You have physical contact attacks (Luke Cage), you can have physical projectile attacks (Yondu/Domino), you can have energy contact attacks (DS/Dorm), and you can have energy projectile attacks (Havok/IMIW).
    Doesnt matter what you say, it is a projectile. You can't deny it, it's a fact
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    mydnight said:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/projectile?s=t

Projectile (n)

an object fired from a gun with an explosive propelling charge, such as a bullet, shell, rocket, or grenade.

It doesn't say projectile in the description. It's energy based and doesn't make contact. That doesn't mean projectile, it means what it says. Anyway, I'm sure this isn't supposed to be happening.

So an arrow is not a projectile (hint it is)... Hmm, let me look at that link of yours

Ahh, you purposely left some definitions off, why is that?

noun
    a body projected or impelled forward, as through the air.
    adjective
    impelling or driving forward, as a force.
    caused by impulse, as motion.
    capable of being impelled forward, as a missile.
    Zoology. protrusile, as the jaws of a fish.