**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

Comments

• BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126
    Thank you kabam for announcing this BEFORE the entire playerbase recieved their free 5* awakening gem. At least now players who get a cosmic know to be wary about using it on Cull until the update drops.
  • BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    While he does have his limiting factors, once he's fully ramped up he is able to end fights before even high-level Opponents can do any meaningful damage to him.

Isn't this the point??? You'll always have champs that do high damage... if you reduce his damage you'll need to increase his block proficiency.
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98
    IDoge said:

mohmezd said:

Cull isn't even top ten in the game... Ronin is fun, but garbage. You honestly have to be joking with these. Like what are you even doing

You have no idea what you're talking about. Cull obsidian is definitely a top 10 champ in the game and Ronin is not garbage. Ronin was a champ meant to cater towards skilled people. He is not supposed to be the next Blade. He's supposed to be a great damage dealer with little extra bits utility
    1 cull obsidian is not top 10 pretty much average for endgame content due to the insane amount of ramp up needed and lack of immunity and utility
    2 ronin is a mediocre damage dealer nothing insane similar it doc oc not bad but not great except doc oc then has insane utility to make up for it
  • thekingtheking Posts: 11
    So for all the users that ranked him up, you guys (Kabam) will look at it from a case by case basis? How long will that take? @Kabam Miike
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Why bother nerfing Cull when Ghost exists?
  • SummonerDAZSummonerDAZ Posts: 5
    edited September 2019
    As everyone said the balancing never works well. You completely sidelined dr strange. At least give him his original armour buff strength back for some utility. He doesnt gain power from hits so what harm is him having a good armour phase that is often negated anyway? Several other champs also have never been "in the pack" at all, like diablo, magneto (which there are 2 poor versions of). Iron mans post regen nerf. Hulkbuster. The list goes on. It's clear that you are aware of these and give some crappy champs a compensation synergy, which ultimately means you need to grind for another champ to make the one you have useful, or it just sits uselessly in your rosta until an event comes that roadblocks you otherwise.
  • kyle2610kyle2610 Posts: 9
    This is a joke, you guys have messed around with cull left right and centre. You promised compensation for the issues you caused with your untested updates by your ticket process that I’m still yet to get. Now after you use gems sig stones and those resources that are difficult to get to r5 you can just change them at will... what about all the resources people use to get the featured champs over normal ones...? If this is going to be the norm then why even bother offering us bundles. I don’t buy a car to have the engine changed to half the size 6 months later and just suck it up I’d be getting my money back for their mistake
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

Lvernon15 said:

IDoge said:

Damn the community is wild. Yall need to calm down. They never said that they would nerf him to the ground. Please look me in the eyes(metaphorically) and tell me a 400k sp3 every fight is balanced. You can't. Their goal is to balance him to the point where he is still the strongest damage dealer in the game but not as much. Yes I know his block proficiency is low but his utility is no joke. He can counter evade and autoblock, has armor break, and can parry projectiles. His ramp up is not even hard yall just need to get the champ for once or get good. Stop begging for everything to be easy and go your way. Hell they could even bump up his block profiency which would be a win win.

Proxima can do that and she takes ramp up, is she op? Nope, cull is just as impractical to ramp up as her in 6.2 and he required heavy attacks like proxima
    You say this like you know cull obisidian so well. Cull does not need missions to complete in fights. He is actually very simple. Just parry, heavy or bait heavy/special and counter with a heavy. Then when you apply enough armor breaks you get the rout buff and deal tons of burst damage. You act like cull is supposed to be an all around champ like ghost with that level of damage. Hilarious
    Ok you clearly didn’t read my post properly, I never said cull is an all around champ, I was saying other champions have higher or equal damage potential with their disadvantages aswell, yes cull’s disadvantages are not as severe as those of proxima but they’re still there, very prevalent and make him worthless for most of act 6 aw and aq, and if you think cull is top 10 you clearly know nothing about him, now I’m not responding to any more of your posts since all you really want to do it get me jailed, so don’t bother thinking of a comeback
This discussion has been closed.