**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

Comments

• Is Cull already in the basic crystals?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Ascoop24 said:

IDoge said:

Lvernon15 said:

IDoge said:

Damn the community is wild. Yall need to calm down. They never said that they would nerf him to the ground. Please look me in the eyes(metaphorically) and tell me a 400k sp3 every fight is balanced. You can't. Their goal is to balance him to the point where he is still the strongest damage dealer in the game but not as much. Yes I know his block proficiency is low but his utility is no joke. He can counter evade and autoblock, has armor break, and can parry projectiles. His ramp up is not even hard yall just need to get the champ for once or get good. Stop begging for everything to be easy and go your way. Hell they could even bump up his block profiency which would be a win win.

Proxima can do that and she takes ramp up, is she op? Nope, cull is just as impractical to ramp up as her in 6.2 and he required heavy attacks like proxima
    You say this like you know cull obisidian so well. Cull does not need missions to complete in fights. He is actually very simple. Just parry, heavy or bait heavy/special and counter with a heavy. Then when you apply enough armor breaks you get the rout buff and deal tons of burst damage. You act like cull is supposed to be an all around champ like ghost with that level of damage. Hilarious
    You sure you even play cull he has missions that’s how you get more thanos favors. And this is coming from someone with a r2 six star he isn’t practical for end game use. There should be rdt to see how he preforms after the “tuning”.
    His only use in the endgame is the fights all champs can do, the easy fights without many problems, he can’t do the fights that can cause people to get stuck at until he’s ramped up, and as endgame content gets harder and harder with each encoounter being individually difficult and requiring a unique utility you can’t even ramp him up, and as for things like variant 2 that’s content he was literally designed to destroy, but champs like domino are still better than him overall imo

Is Cull already in the basic crystals?

He’s been in them for a few weeks now
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Is Cull already in the basic crystals?

He’s been in them for a few weeks now
    They mentioned that those Champs missed the cutoff for 3 months, but there would be an Announcement forthcoming. Dis be it.
    It's also worth pointing out that when you release two Champs at the same time, with one incredibly low and one incredibly high in terms of Damage, it magnifies the need to revisit some things.
    I think it's probably best that we wait to see the upcoming changes before burning down the house.
    Plantesan said:

IDoge said:

Lvernon15 said:

IDoge said:

God this community is so dissapointing. So many times they have cried nerf when champs are still top tier. Happened with Gwenpool AA, Domino, SS, She Hulk, now potentially Cull Obsidian. Disagree with me all you want but this is how the world works. You don't always get to have it your way

Cried nerf? They were nerfs mate, abilities changed from how they’ve always worked, or how they were sold in the case if ss, aa was even announced he was working right before he was nerfed, and yes they’re still great champs but they aren’t what they were/should be. I took aa to r4 for lol and his ability to get a full duration stun there, that was nerfed, yes he’s still a great champ but I took him to r4 for that use so he could get long enrage, then it was nerfed after 1 run, don’t tell me that these aren’t nerfs
    Boo hoo you abused a bug that was not stated in his abilities. You always want it easy don't you?
    You sir are the life at every party aren’t you? Does it really matter at this point...the mods are going to let people complain, and then let this die down and carry on.

What I’m curious about with this data collecting they speak of was after that initial damage adjustment they had a while back, or if it’s including that to justify this “tuning”
    My assumption with the data collecting was they look at each thing and saw damage is higher than most other champs, so they decided to nerf that, despite everything else being low
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Maybe guys will learn to stop releasing dumb videos on YouTube showing champs do things that everyone knows were never intended

Oh hey everyone watch rol wolvy die from a single sp3. What’s the worst that can happen?

Oh hey everyone watch a 3* solo a fight in labyrinth that was specifically designed to not allow any 3* champ to survive for even 10 seconds. What’s the worst that can happen?

Hope that $68 in YouTube ad money was worth it
This discussion has been closed.