**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

Comments

• Lizer0119Lizer0119 Posts: 29
    IDoge said:

mohmezd said:

Cull isn't even top ten in the game... Ronin is fun, but garbage. You honestly have to be joking with these. Like what are you even doing

You have no idea what you're talking about. Cull obsidian is definitely a top 10 champ in the game and Ronin is not garbage. Ronin was a champ meant to cater towards skilled people. He is not supposed to be the next Blade. He's supposed to be a great damage dealer with little extra bits utility
    IDoge said:

mohmezd said:

Cull isn't even top ten in the game... Ronin is fun, but garbage. You honestly have to be joking with these. Like what are you even doing

You have no idea what you're talking about. Cull obsidian is definitely a top 10 champ in the game and Ronin is not garbage. Ronin was a champ meant to cater towards skilled people. He is not supposed to be the next Blade. He's supposed to be a great damage dealer with little extra bits utility
    Just out of curiosity, what tier do you play in if you think cull is a top 10 champ? Seriously, anyone in the endgame will tell you that he’s not a champ they are using in hard content. LOL is so old, but he’s not great in there because of the damage cap. He doesn’t have the survivability for 6.2. What do you think he’s good for? ROL?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Not to fuel the fire but Ronin isn't even that bad. Lol.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I'm so glad I never took Cull to r5. Started seeing lots of buyers remorse from those who did r5 him only to see that his utility was garbage and he wasn't usable in end game content. That said, I did spent a fair amount on Cavs and used t2a to r4 him long before we knew that nerfs were possible. I def want all that back.

Oh, and Ronin 100000% needs a buff. He's worthless right now. I'd love to see the numbers that say he's performing better then HT.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★
    F1TLYFE said:

IDoge said:

F1TLYFE said:

Currently have a 6 star Cull Obsidian duped champion that I have obtained by spending over a $1,000 on gambling with the Volcanic Crystals. My reason for doing such thing was due to his amazing damage output. I have recently read a post that is saying his damage output will be reduced and such (what the in-game players would consider a nerf). I do also have him as a 5 star duped champ that I have been ranking up as well. So this is a huge dissapointing factor in regards to my gameplay experience and my wallet . As the reason I went all out for this champ spending over $1,000 on those Volcanic Crystals was because of his damage output. So I am asking for some additional information and what can be done on this subject or what is going to be done.

His damage output will still rival Namor and such in December just not as much overkill (like 400k sp3)
    Will they be nerfing Namor too then?
    Probably I bet they are gonna nerf his signature or some stupid thing like that
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I’m not taking any champ beyond 3/45 until the 3 month report comes out from now on. Don’t want to rank a champ the. Be disappointed after that.

It's actually 6 months. They warn you 3 months ahead of time than you have to wait 3 more months to find out the specific changes. Just like with Cull. They didn't tell us the update they're doing in its entirety.
    That's because they don't know. They're letting us know ahead of the rework for that transparency everyone keeps asking for.
    What did I say about tagging me? Let me remind you that we don't communicate directly.

I don't care about their communication ahead of time. I much rather have them leave champions as it then tuning down champions. I don't even have Cull Obsidian but I still understand how absurd this is.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    I dont mind a Cull debuff as long as theres compensation and hes not nerfed to the ground like Strange. Maybe a possible nerf is retaining all his stats but making his challenges harder. That way he requires more skill but retains his output
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

https://youtu.be/Fmg6XFnfo9w

Here is my initial response to all of this in case people are interested.

I will probably make another video on tomorrow once I have had a bit more time to put my thoughts together.

Big fan bro.

But how do you respond to the fact that Kabam isn't making any money from doing this (potentially losing money)?

But that they do need to keep in mind the balance of the game and is in fact RESPONSIBLE for keeping the game well balanced and to ensure the game's longevity.

no one said he was

but they should have buffed Ronin instead of nerfing Cull
    It's not really a situation where they're doing either/or. They're looking at extremities in the data and balancing the imbalances. They're looking at the ways Champs may be falling short or being over-the-top. It's not even a complete evening of the playing field. The goal isn't to make them all equal and interchangeable. Just to adjust anything that is out of place.

That's definitely fueling the fire.

The fire in my heart.
    XD
    I'll let it go. I just like him is all. I don't have an issue with him.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Cant speak for anyone else, but I wont be dropping $ on featured crystals anymore. I think this decision is going to hit Kabam in the wallet.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    People would complain for the sake of complaining sometimes... smh.

"Cull will remain one of the best damage champ in the game".

Read.
  • Sooo .... take thousands of our dollars ..... give us a product at a far lower quality than what we thought we were paying for ...... so what ur saying is screw player opinions, jus pay up and shut up? Yall ever heard of bait and switch? Y’all desperately need to take an ethics class
  • OperaOpera Posts: 5

Hey Kabam, how about you test these champions before you release them? Novel idea.

Nope, pure scam instead:
    1) Get players excited about a character via videos released by Kabam Content Creator Program
    2) Players spend tons of money or an insane amount of time grinding for said character
    3) Players rank up character and use for 3 months
    4) Kabam uses this as essentially a "beta test" where the users had to PAY to be involved in
    5) Nerf any character that performs "well" (and by well I mean arbitrarily decide this)
    6) Repeat.

Talk about unethical and distasteful.

So now we're going to have to wait 6 months after a champ is released to figure out if we want to rank them up to a high level now? 3 months for you guys to figure out if you're going to nerf them, then another 3 months until we see what that nerf is and how it affects the character. Come on, that's just absurd.

I totally agree.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157455/cull-obsidian-working-as-intended/p1

Unintentionally humorous thread...it’s really Bizarro World when the guy asking half-facetiously if the team is finished messing with Cull because of something Prof. Hoff said is actually the sane, fair-minded one.

Dr. Zola
This discussion has been closed.