**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A different take on the Cull nerf

Instead of trying to stop the nerf, (Kabam will go through with this) how about we as a community try to come up with a good solution. For example cap Cull's armor break stacks at 5 or reduce the potency of them by 15%.

Comments

• DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    I think they should make his ramp up a bit harder but keep his damage. Like look at Proxima. Fully ramped, a 5*, 2/35 can do 40k+ damage with a sp3, but its takes skill and patience to get there.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Damage was the one thing that saved his durability being ****. If they nerf his damage they need to issue rank down tickets honestly. He was obtained under false pretenses. Anyone saying otherwise doesn’t have him or hasn’t ranked him up so they’re acting like they’re being “helpful”. If they nerf his damage he needs block proficiency hugely increased and immunity given. Plain and simple. This is despicable.

🐻
    Yes they’ll keep him as a top damage dealer I’m sure. What made his downfalls worthwhile was him being THE TOP damage dealer. Just like when stark was released. He was insane damage and a glass cannon. If they wanna nerf cull for balance fine... I’d wager more was spent on cull than any other champion. This is no coincidence they’re needing him after all the main avenues for spending to get him have expired. The lesson being don’t spend? Okay kabam wins, I won’t spend units or money trying to get champs.😂. Can’t have it both ways bub.

🐻
    They also said dr strange would remain one of the top champs in the game... that wasn’t true... guy is a joke. Unless his other stats are hugely buffed he’s useless compared to the other top damage dealers.

🐻
  • SlapdashSlapdash Posts: 39

Isnt that the point of rebalancing? They never said they were going to tear him apart. Miike even said they want him to stay a top damage dealer.

Overall, it's definitely better for the game and community if we have open discussion about how this should happen, as Kabam isn't likely to back down on the nerf itself. It's much safer than if we leave Kabam to their own devices.
    Since they're so worried about that high damage, I'd say make him easier to ramp, but reduce the peak damage, either through an armor break or Thanos' Favor nerf. His low block proficiency could be improved as well, since it exists only as a penalty for his damage.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Slapdash said:

Isnt that the point of rebalancing? They never said they were going to tear him apart. Miike even said they want him to stay a top damage dealer.

Overall, it's definitely better for the game and community if we have open discussion about how this should happen, as Kabam isn't likely to back down on the nerf itself. It's much safer than if we leave Kabam to their own devices.
    Ive got to disagree with you. Theres no way the majority of this community is anywhere near capable enough to make decisions on how any of this would happen. Theres a few really good ones but I can't agree with what you said.
  • Instead of trying to stop the nerf, (Kabam will go through with this) how about we as a community try to come up with a good solution. For example cap Cull's armor break stacks at 5 or reduce the potency of them by 15%.

Unless they changed the mechanics, armor break is affected by diminishing returns. Cull's armor break is high enough that it reducing its potency only slightly or capping the armor break stacks would have only a minimal impact on his damage output.

I would guess that the primary place the devs would look is his persistent charges and his charge-dependent favor buffs. It would be tricky to cap those lower because the favor buffs vary with the number of buffs, but an interesting option would be to add a way for Cull to lose persistent charges if he isn't played well, so you can't just potion your way to permanent offensive buffs. That might reduce his overall performance in the game while still allowing skillful players to gain most of his current maximum performance.
  • DNA3000 said:

Instead of trying to stop the nerf, (Kabam will go through with this) how about we as a community try to come up with a good solution. For example cap Cull's armor break stacks at 5 or reduce the potency of them by 15%.

Unless they changed the mechanics, armor break is affected by diminishing returns. Cull's armor break is high enough that it reducing its potency only slightly or capping the armor break stacks would have only a minimal impact on his damage output.

I would guess that the primary place the devs would look is his persistent charges and his charge-dependent favor buffs. It would be tricky to cap those lower because the favor buffs vary with the number of buffs, but an interesting option would be to add a way for Cull to lose persistent charges if he isn't played well, so you can't just potion your way to permanent offensive buffs. That might reduce his overall performance in the game while still allowing skillful players to gain most of his current maximum performance.
    Cool idea, im not an expert on game mechanics so my example may not be the best. I did have another idea though. Reduce the max stacks of thanos favor buffs to 5 or 6, but have them do slightly more damage so it would be like he had 7 on our current version of cull. This would make it easier to ramp him while reducing his overall damage.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I think a good option is to make him more skill based in order to gain his damage potential. My guess is that’s why Ghost has gone unchecked for so long is because she has a very unique skill cap to achieve in order to use her to her full potential. Maybe keep his persistent charge mechanic but have Cull lose 1 persistent charge per 20 hits of the combo meter when a combo is lost or something like that. Maybe tone down his attack per Thanos Favor buff slightly. But I think they should exchange that with a little more block proficiency. He has the biggest shield in the game (bigger than Cap’s, no need to get jealous Cap) and he has one of the worst block proficiencies.

Slapdash said:

Ive got to disagree with you. Theres no way the majority of this community is anywhere near capable enough to make decisions on how any of this would happen. Theres a few really good ones but I can't agree with what you said.
    We aren't, of course, making final decisions. However, it's best to have open discussion, if only to ensure that good ideas are known. If no one has discussion, or even can agree on anything, Kabam will take matters into their own hands, and leave the community out of the decision-making process entirely.
  • Hello! We'd like to keep all the discussion about this topic in the official thread which can be found at this link https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158918/upcoming-cull-obsidian-and-ebony-maw-balance-changes
    This thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.