**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam: I want you to read this.

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Okay, this is going to get a little ranty. If it's not your thing, you've been warned.

These "rebalances" are getting out of hand. Don't get me wrong, I was hating on Ebony from the start and I'm extremely happy that he's getting buffed. But that still never should've happened. Now you're going to be nerfing Cull Obsidian and if it's going to be a drastic change without rank down tickets, you might as well start digging your own grave. If you just test your champs and get them right beforehand, there wouldn't be a need for any of this. For instance, with Cull and Ebony. You release Cull as a great champ. (Notice I didn't say OP. He's great, but he is balanced.) So people are spending time and money on crystals, trying to get him. Then they get him and they rank him up, maybe even to rank 5. So if you revisit him in 3 months and "rebalance" him, even if they aren't huge changes, many people will want to rank him down, not only that, but they'd want their money that they spent on the crystals back! Again, I hated Ebony from the beginning, and so did almost everyone else, but the same goes for him. No one wanted to spend money on him, so when he gets "rebalanced" later on, if he gets better, don't you think people would want a chance to have gotten him? This is all so backwards. Just get them right the first time. Test them out. Get it right, then you wouldn't have a problem. And think about what else you could do! You could instead focus on champs that desperately need a buff such as Magneto, Juggernaut, Iron Patriot, Hulkbuster and Groot!

These have been my 2 cents, I hope you're reading. Any opinions on this point of view or what has been going on lately are welcome in the comments. Thank you and good night.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    You are making assumptions, you dont know how the nerf will be because they have said they dont even know yet, and you dont know if there will be RDTs or not, because they have not said so yet. Making such false claims makes it hard to take you serious.

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Arguing In favor of kabam all the time makes it hard to take you serious.

🐻
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    They haven't started the rebalancing yet. Human Torch and Annihilus were annouced and now Cull and Maw. We haven't even seen what they will do with HT or Annihilus. Not sure how they are getting out of hand really. I have a R5 Cull as well. I get the frustration but can we really call balancing out of hand? Maybe we wait and see what's going to happen first? I'd actually be ok if they lowered damage a bit but gave him.more survivability.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Yeah but the balancing of those other champs are improvements only 😂😂. If they wanna give him Corvus survivability and lower his damage a bit that’s fine. Doesn’t sound or seem like what’s gonna happen. Glad you’re being optimistic. By the time it’s done it’s too late to lodge concerns.

🐻
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

You are making assumptions, you dont know how the nerf will be because they have said they dont even know yet, and you dont know if there will be RDTs or not, because they have not said so yet. Making such false claims makes it hard to take you serious.

They haven't started the rebalancing yet. Human Torch and Annihilus were annouced and now Cull and Maw. We haven't even seen what they will do with HT or Annihilus. Not sure how they are getting out of hand really. I have a R5 Cull as well. I get the frustration but can we really call balancing out of hand? Maybe we wait and see what's going to happen first? I'd actually be ok if they lowered damage a bit but gave him.more survivability.

The reason I say it's getting out of hand is the main gist of what I just said. I'm using the word "if" a lot in situations we're unsure about. I personally would like Cull to have more survivability as well if I get him in the future. The only concrete theme throughout what I just posted is that these things shouldn't be happening. They need to be getting it right the first time. That's all. I'm not making assumptions and I'm not even saying the changes will be too bad.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I think a big problem is ppl have no idea if they will get RDT. In my opinion any of these champs they r going to "rebalance" should automatically mean RDT will be issued. Its only fair if they are going to change the product ppl have spent time and money on. This game has enough RNG aspects about it. It shouldnt be a gamble on knowing how a champ might perform 6 months down the road.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    LOL .. how many times do you need to spam the forum with Cull related posts today?

There's already a thread for this.
  • We have yet to actually release one of these rebalances. Please keep all conversation on this topic in the Thread dedicated to it.
This discussion has been closed.