**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

Comments

• AyybirdAyybird Posts: 8
    I spent over 300 dollars just to get cull not including all the money I spent to finish quest and get the resources to rank him up and now you guys want to nerf him like you guys do with every champ that seems to be out performing or a threat to your wallet. I'm done. After this nerf I will be quiting this game you guys are just ridiculous
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    It’s not about whether he should or shouldn’t be nerfed it’s about what people paid for. Wanna nerf him? Fine.. if think that’s balance... I don’t agree.. however compensation needs to be given. You guys made a fortune on cull and now you wanna change him. It’s doesnt even matter if you improve some things along with lowering his damage, people paid for what he was released as and that’s what they wanted... they didn’t pay for a balanced champion. They paid for the highest damage output champion who has average utility, no immunity and laughable block proficiency. He may still be great after the changes but he won’t be what people paid for, and that’s all that matters. Rank down tickets should be given... if he’s as great as you say he’ll be after the nerf? Then people won’t wanna use them since gonna still be great and all and it won’t hurt to issue them. Right? Exactly.

🐻

• ahsan73ahsan73 Posts: 25
    whats next now nerfing ghost and then quack and then corvas. nerf them once kabam. its your game kabam but it doesn't mean you do whatever you want to do with community . the game is running because community play this. if the community quit playing the game then you will be nerf
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    mufix said:

Buffing/Nerfing champs 3 (THREE) months after release is bad planning, development and testing. Nobody will rank up new champions from now on. We need to wait 3 months to see if there will be rebalancing.

But then, there will be no "Data" to evaluate the rebalancing on. If this goes on, maybe kabam should consider a probationary rank up feature that automatically resets the rank up after 3 month. Otherwise this is going nowhere.
  • ahsan73ahsan73 Posts: 25
    let me tell you what should you do , Nerf , ghost then starky , then captain sparkels , the warlock, nerf all off them ...
  • Harry_hzyHarry_hzy Posts: 22
    I think the issue is not about cull, it is about the way kabam doing this business. Now kabam delivered a message to all the players that don’t spend any money to buy new champions because you don’t know what you are buying. Of course kabam can change everything because they already put in terms and conditions, but this kind of stupid change will destroy the paid players, no one wants to spend money to this game, is this kabam want?
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

You're just projecting your need for anyone who disagrees with you

who's projecting now? I have made no claims .. how can anyone "disagree with me" ?
    LOL

I have made it clear, I hold no stance, because there is no data available to form an opinion ..
    Forming an opinion without data is just silly .. period.
    *shrug*

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Harry_hzy said:

I think the issue is not about cull, it is about the way kabam doing this business. Now kabam delivered a message to all the players that don’t spend any money to buy new champions because you don’t know what you are buying. Of course kabam can change everything because they already put in terms and conditions, but this kind of stupid change will destroy the paid players, no one wants to spend money to this game, is this kabam want?

I disagree, because I see the game being balanced as more important than individual champions. With this change I know that if I buy a champion that champion will not necessarily be made useless by newer champions.
  • Harry_hzyHarry_hzy Posts: 22
    Lormif said:

Harry_hzy said:

I disagree, because I see the game being balanced as more important than individual champions. With this change I know that if I buy a champion that champion will not necessarily be made useless by newer champions.
    mufix,just said what I want to say:Releasing a new champion and make people spend money on crystals, and then rebalance that champion because of the "crazy/low damage" is a really bad move. People spend money for THAT champion, the champion you released and advertised.
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    mufix said:

nolcuN said:

But then, there will be no "Data" to evaluate the rebalancing on. If this goes on, maybe kabam should consider a probationary rank up feature that automatically resets the rank up after 3 month. Otherwise this is going nowhere.

"Probationary rank up feature" will just complicate things. The only solution is to do a proper testing before release. Nothing more. QA Team has the final say. If they give a green light, it will go live. The player base (aka client) should NOT test the product on live server.

They have QA Team, beta testers (chosen from the player base) and Content creator program. That should be enough.
    I could agree with that as well. Just assumed that QA is not existent.
  • Honestly, they haven't even started the rework yet (presumably), and people are going off the wall. All we know is the data has shown that his Damage is higher than any other Champ, so that will most likely change. We don't know how much, we don't know what else will come, all we know is he's changing. Is anyone else waiting to see, or are we all on fire? Lol.

Bottomline is kabam should leave him as it is, people reacts to this because they spend a lot just to get him - so respect that. Knowing kabam's past deed this sounds like a serious nerf.
  • SupermancaSupermanca Posts: 222
    edited September 2019
    Doing QA in Production that is just great.

Honestly, they haven't even started the rework yet (presumably), and people are going off the wall. All we know is the data has shown that his Damage is higher than any other Champ, so that will most likely change. We don't know how much, we don't know what else will come, all we know is he's changing. Is anyone else waiting to see, or are we all on fire? Lol.

Bottomline is kabam should leave him as it is, people reacts to this because they spend a lot just to get him - so respect that. Knowing kabam's past deed this sounds like a serious nerf.
    So they should leave him like he is, and then break game balance to the point all new content has to be balanced around him? This is exactly the kind of thing that caused the 12.0 nerf, eventually he will have to be nerfed or it gets to a point where thsoe who do not have him are at a sever disadvantage.
    mufix said:

Lormif said:

But if you spend +-$100 (or hard earned units) for that champion, rank him up, use awakening gem and sig stones and than after 3 months they nerf him, how would you feel? You will be glad that the game is balanced and more important than that champion?
    It has happened to me multiple times, domino, SS, and others. I feel fine, I dont overreact, and in those cases I understood their concerns, just like here. I dont want my champions to get to the point where they cause others to either have them or be unable to do content because they are lacking the champ.
    M_virk said:

Lormif said:

Harry_hzy said:

If they want to balance a champ that they think is "OP" (which cull is not) then do it within the first week of the champion being released. There is no excuse for them to wait this long.
    In order to do that they have to know within a week that he is OK, and yes there are plenty of reasons to wait this long.
    M_virk said:

Lormif said:

mufix said:

Lormif said:

But if you spend +-$100 (or hard earned units) for that champion, rank him up, use awakening gem and sig stones and than after 3 months they nerf him, how would you feel? You will be glad that the game is balanced and more important than that champion?
    It has happened to me multiple times, domino, SS, and others. I feel fine, I dont overreact, and in those cases I understood their concerns, just like here. I dont want my champions to get to the point where they cause others to either have them or be unable to do content because they are lacking the champ.
    M_virk said:

Lormif said:

Harry_hzy said:

If they want to balance a champ that they think is "OP" (which cull is not) then do it within the first week of the champion being released. There is no excuse for them to wait this long.
    In order to do that they have to know within a week that he is OK, and yes there are plenty of reasons to wait this long.
    You're telling me that majority of the community is aware of culls damage within the first week with all videos and talk about him but kabam is soo out of touch with their community that they aren't aware of it?
    Lol.....they are just waiting for people spend money. That's the only reason there is. Greed.
    So you expect them to have the same knee jerk response that you do? I would rather them have a logical response to gather all data and go from there, which from what they are saying is what they did.
This discussion has been closed.