**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To the Ghost players...

PeterQuillPeterQuill Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
I got a 5 star ghost finally and yesterday I got a 3->4 gem from polar opposites. Finally luck is on my side. Took her to rank 4 and have a slot of fin using her. I suck for the most part, so how long did it take for you Ghost users to get decent with her? I have the miss intercept down about 75% of the time, but im only practicing on Winter Soldier. I have all the synergies needed for her as well

Comments

• The AI in ROL is way too passive for Ghost to shine. Try her out in Uncollected or act 5/6, you'll be having an absolute blast!
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    I'm just like you. I have 4* for awhile and never bother to rank her up. Now, I got a 5* and straight her to R4 yesterday. I even used my tech awakening gem on her. I can R5 her soon as i ran out of gold.
    I'm trying to learn her moves and still having difficulties. I guess, it takes time and a lot of practice...
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    The biggest thing for me using ghosts was that I relied on her phasing ability too much. Then I stopped using my skills in the game like dexterity and parrying all together. Once i incorporate all skills then use the phasing as an added bonus.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I got used to her using her in variant 3 very quickly because there is little room to not be used to her there. You should try her out agains the more aggressive AI instead of ROL.

Once you get used to the phasing timer and how long you can hang in there waiting for them to attack it’s pretty straight forward at least for me.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

The AI in ROL is way too passive for Ghost to shine. Try her out in Uncollected or act 5/6, you'll be having an absolute blast!

agreed ... funny thing is, ghost is better vs more aggressive AI.

So if you see weaker opponents .. they're usually more passive ... don't use ghost (or be careful using her).
    If you see node "Defensive" .. be cautious about using ghost.

However .. if you see the node "Aggressive" .. oh boy .. "made for Ghost" ... go for it .. and watch how "easy" it is .. LOL
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Ghost is fun, but it took me forever to get good with her. I much prefer her with synergies but she’s far from bad without them. By far, the most fun you can have with her is take her vs a Sunspot. Let him get a 5 hit combo on you, phase, and OHKO. So much fun.
    Oh btw never take her against an autoblock champ. I learned that the hard way.

Warden out ~
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    edited September 2019

I got a 5 star ghost finally and yesterday I got a 3->4 gem from polar opposites. Finally luck is on my side. Took her to rank 4 and have a slot of fin using her. I suck for the most part, so how long did it take for you Ghost users to get decent with her? I have the miss intercept down about 75% of the time, but im only practicing on Winter Soldier. I have all the synergies needed for her as well

Hey bro here is one of best guide from which I learnt within a week.

https://youtu.be/PDSZg0czY8Q
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

The AI in ROL is way too passive for Ghost to shine. Try her out in Uncollected or act 5/6, you'll be having an absolute blast!

No that is why WS is good. If you can only play vs agressvie AI you will fail hard.
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    Main thing about ghost is 4 hit combo and phase intercept timing.once you get that she become super easy.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    AKKKTEK said:

Main thing about ghost is 4 hit combo and phase intercept timing.once you get that she become super easy.

actually, I find 2 or 3 hit combo seems to work better in some cases. When I first started, I did 4 hit combos, only to have the AI turtle up in the corner until my phasing wore off.

by doing only 2 or 3 hit combos, they seem much more likely to aggressively follow you after you retreat ... more easily leading into the next combo . ;)
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

AKKKTEK said:

actually, I find 2 or 3 hit combo seems to work better in some cases. When I first started, I did 4 hit combos, only to have the AI turtle up in the corner until my phasing wore off.

by doing only 2 or 3 hit combos, they seem much more likely to aggressively follow you after you retreat ... more easily leading into the next combo . ;)
    That is so true. I always use that vs korg bc I need that light intercepts for the rock stacks
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    ZEN said:

I'm just like you. I have 4* for awhile and never bother to rank her up. Now, I got a 5* and straight her to R4 yesterday. I even used my tech awakening gem on her. I can R5 her soon as i ran out of gold.
    I'm trying to learn her moves and still having difficulties. I guess, it takes time and a lot of practice...

Pretty much same here. Pulled her, awakened and took to r4 months ago. Still suck with her, but that's my fault for using other champs instead of practicing. I'm sure if I'm pushed to rely on her for Variant 3, I might improve my skills to mediocre, which would be awesome!

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It takes a while but you have to practice vs high level content. I got mine when that last celebrity challenge was released with the IMIW and Rogue so I just tried to go as far as I could over and over again w/o using items. As someone mentioned, Variant 3 would be a pretty good place to practice.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I took her rank 3 and practiced for about a month. Then took her rank 5. She’s my favorite champ. The timing will come. Just stick with it. Once you get her down you will crush everything
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I just explored 6.1 with her. Mine is at r5 and fully sinergy. It didn't take me that long to master her since I have watched videos of her like forever
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Once I pulled my 6* ghost it took a couple weeks to get to a level where I was confident to use her in war and endgame content, but another month or so after until I got the smaller things on lockdown like heavy countering certain specials and phasing recoil
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Took me about a few weeks once I got a ranked up Ghost, but I'd been practicing with a 3* for at least a month. It didn't take me long. Basically phase (or you can parry at the start of the fight, but I don't recommend parrying much, it slows her down), MLLL, phase, take one missed hit, or two if awakened (more if you're good enough), MLLL. Use the SP2 right as you phase. If the opponent doesn't attack you while you're phase, then you can parry or intercept, but it really doesn't make much of a difference using heavies unless you're going for a "fewest hits possible" run. It's generally quicker to use the phase intercepts and get the cruelty. If you're having trouble getting the opponent to attack into you, throw some MLL combos in the confuse the AI.
    Overall, it's mostly about learning the timing on the phase; otherwise she's pretty straightforward. Being good at strike matching does a lot. She's not as difficult as, say, Quake, and very enjoyable. Have fun!
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    It took me 3 months to get decent but her awakened ability is really underrated. You won't know the full power until she's dupped at a high level.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I suppose u guys are aware, that posts like this, the only thing they will succeed is a ghost nerf, don’t you?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I really don't think they nerf based on forum posts.
  • Took me a while, I recently took mine to R5 unawakened and I use her in AW and Act 6 regularly without Wasp as I have time her dash back-special intercept. And frankly sometimes I don’t bother with specials, guaranteed crits are enough sometimes.
    I made myself the challenge to finish quests with a full yellow bar to master her phasing properly and now it’s so satisfying