**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Guillotine's Debut

Hello everybody! I actually had a question in regards towards a character from MCOC that I have been trying to search up. However, I am getting multiple results and instead of struggling even further, I decided to ask this here instead. So anywho, my question is...

"When and where did Guillotine first debut? What update was it? And if she first appeared in the MCOC game or comic books"

Please, I want to know the answer for this and thanks in advance!

Comments

• I think she first appeared in the game since she was a MCOC creation If I’m not mistaken
    Not sure if she played a role in the early content of act 1-4

Do you know by any chance which update it was? All I know is that it was around October 2015.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Cbr recently did an origin story on her. They have been doing origin stories on alot of the mcoc characters. U may want to try their website. I'll try finding a link to her specifically if i remember.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    https://www.cbr.com/morningstar-marvel-contest-of-champions/

This is about morningstar but they talk about guillotine too. Hope that helps a little.
  • She is one of the “Original 12” heroes brought to the MCOC Battlerealm by the Collector. (RE: story line from like January 2019 or thereabouts). But doesn’t correspond to the original heroes available to play with/against in the MCOC game (those are the likes of those 1* heroes you got when people first joined the game), since not all of the 12 have even been revealed yet (Mr Fantastic being the final one still to become available).

Think Guillotine came around in the lead up to ACT-4, as she is mentioned as being crucial to his defeat (?)
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

She is one of the “Original 12” heroes brought to the MCOC Battlerealm by the Collector. (RE: story line from like January 2019 or thereabouts). But doesn’t correspond to the original heroes available to play with/against in the MCOC game (those are the likes of those 1* heroes you got when people first joined the game), since not all of the 12 have even been revealed yet (Mr Fantastic being the final one still to become available).

Think Guillotine came around in the lead up to ACT-4, as she is mentioned as being crucial to his defeat (?)

iirc Morningstar and Guillotine came out alongside Blade... don't quote me on that though; I wasn't actually actively playing when they got released.
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    From old Champion Spotlight in forums (I take no credit for this info, just reposting)

Guillotine - Originally posted 10-22-2015

Born of a mixed French-Algerian heritage, the mysterious Guillotine is the latest in her bloodline to inherit "La Fleur du Mal", a mystical sword with dark supernatural powers. Across the centuries, many have wielded the enchanted blade - some for good, some for evil. For the will of the sword is strong, and its thirst for blood is limitless, and many have succumbed to its whispers in their minds. The current Guillotine uses the blade to punish the guilty and keeps the sinister instincts of the sword in check …for now!

Base Stats & Abilities
    *All stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Class: Mystic

Health: 14,444
    Attack: 1216

Special 1: La Force d'Ancêtres

Special 2: Coup De Massue
    Guillotine’s ancestral sword consumes 2 Souls to place a phantasm on the opponent, reversing all active Healing effects for 10 seconds.

This effect reverses any Healing effects on the opponent. If the opponent is healing 10 health per second, they will instead take 10 damage per second. This can be extremely powerful against foes with predictable healing effects such as Deadpool, Ultron or Iron Man.

Special 3: Coup De Grâce
    La Fleur du Mal consumes all available Souls and deals 2% of the opponent’s health in direct damage.
    This attack deals direct damage, ignoring all Armor and Resistances the opponent has. Additionally, per soul that is consumed, it deals 2% of the target’s maximum health.

Passive - Soul Harvest
    For every 6% of maximum health that Guillotine removes from her opponent during combat, she feeds her ancestral blade and gains 1 Soul. Souls expire every 10 seconds and grant Guillotine 13% Critical Damage per Soul.
    Souls can only be gained once per 6% health taken away. In other words, if an opponent heals above that threshold, you will not be rewarded for bringing him back down.
    You only lose one soul per 10 seconds.

Passive - Armor
    A layer of Armor reduces an additional 9% incoming attack damage.

Passive - Bleed (All Attacks)
    47% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 21.6% of your Attack as direct damage over 4 seconds.

Signature Ability - Ancestor's Strength
    The Souls of her ancestor’s empower Guillotine further, granting a 10% chance to steal (16.8% - 50%) Health for every 4 Souls she possesses.

This effect has a chance to activate with each strike.
    The amount of health stolen is tied to how much damage is dealt by the strike.

Synergy Bonuses
    Black Panther - Friends: +6% Armor
    Venom - Nemesis: +6% Attack
    Captain America WW2 - Teammates: +5% Perfect Block Chance
    Magik - Rivals: +25% Critical Hit Damage

Recommended Masteries

Recovery
    With her Signature Ability unlocked, Guillotine has access to a Life Steal effect at all times. Increasing the amount of life stolen can be a huge boost to her defenses survivability in long Quests or Alliance Quests.

Precision & Cruelty
    Guillotine relies on being aggressive and dealing consistent damage to feed her blade and gain extra souls. Increasing Critical Hit Rate and Critical Damage helps accomplish this. Additionally, because her Souls grant her increased Critical Hit Damage by themselves, increasing her Critical Hit Rate is extremely powerful.

Glass Cannon
    By increasing her attack by as much as possible, Guillotine powers up most of her abilities from Soul Harvest to Life Steal. The reduced health from Glass Cannon can also be offset by consistent Life Steal.

Strengths
    Guillotine performs at her best when fighting foes that are stronger than herself. Her percentage based damage on her Special 3 allow her to cut down foes that are much stronger than herself. However, because she must damage her foe in order to build up souls, she does not flourish as well when she is heavily outclassed and cannot keep the damage output high.

Guillotine’s Heal Reversal effect on her Special 2 can be used to devastating effect on enemies with reliable Regeneration effects. Timing a Special 2 just as Ultron starts his Self Repair can cut him down extremely quickly.
    Guillotine has one of the longest reaches in the game, allowing her to strike foes before they can close the gap in a charge. Additionally, her Heavy Attack has the longest reach in the game, allowing her more opportunities to break blocking foes.

Weaknesses
    Guillotine relies on constant damage output to build up Souls. If she is facing off against a foe that largely outclasses her, she cannot keep up the damage fast enough for her souls to stick around and provide their bonus.
  • Thx @MityAnt , was just gonna say that as well, a full 2 years earlier (Oct 2015) than Morningstar/Blade (Oct 2017) (maybe previous reply was thinking Mephisto, which was just before Morningstar/Blade).
  • BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298
    Kavaxas said:

Hello everybody! I actually had a question in regards towards a character from MCOC that I have been trying to search up. However, I am getting multiple results and instead of struggling even further, I decided to ask this here instead. So anywho, my question is...

"When and where did Guillotine first debut? What update was it? And if she first appeared in the MCOC game or comic books"

Please, I want to know the answer for this and thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/eLCb57Yf2F0

October 2015
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

I think she first appeared in the game since she was a MCOC creation If I’m not mistaken
    Not sure if she played a role in the early content of act 1-4

I don't think she's in Act 1-3, but she's pretty important in the Act 4 story.

She's the Collectors "Secret Agent" in Act 4, who frees other champions from their crystals for him.

Spoiler Alert: It doesn't work out for him.
  • bbjohn_84bbjohn_84 Posts: 1

• OzymandasOzymandas Posts: 80
    Kabam has been introducing original characters every October to coincide with NYCC. To date they are Guillotine, Civil Warrior, Morningstar & Aegon. We'll probably get another such character next month. Would be nice if they all had some special synergy for a quest team.

Marvel launched a Contest of Champions comic in Oct 2015 & her comic debut was in ish #1. Ran about 12 issues? They tried to coincide game & comic debut dates as best they could. Civil Warrior may have appeared in it as well but pretty sure it wrapped up before Morningstar's creation. Marvel may have had a hand in the creation of her & the other 3 champs I named; I'm not really sure. Don't think she had any comic appearances outside of that series.

That's all off the top of my head so anybody feel free to correct or confirm anything there.

• KyuffKyuff Posts: 43
    Ozymandas said:

Kabam has been introducing original characters every October to coincide with NYCC. To date they are Guillotine, Civil Warrior, Morningstar & Aegon. We'll probably get another such character next month. Would be nice if they all had some special synergy for a quest team.

What about Venom the Duck? Thought he it was MCoC only.

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

Thx @MityAnt , was just gonna say that as well, a full 2 years earlier (Oct 2015) than Morningstar/Blade (Oct 2017) (maybe previous reply was thinking Mephisto, which was just before Morningstar/Blade).

Mephisto was released in the same month and patch(15.1) as MS and Blade.

Medusa and Kingpin were the 2 from the month prior.

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    Ozymandas said:

Marvel launched a Contest of Champions comic in Oct 2015 & her comic debut was in ish #1. Ran about 12 issues? They tried to coincide game & comic debut dates as best they could. Civil Warrior may have appeared in it as well but pretty sure it wrapped up before Morningstar's creation. Marvel may have had a hand in the creation of her & the other 3 champs I named; I'm not really sure. Don't think she had any comic appearances outside of that series.

That's all off the top of my head so anybody feel free to correct or confirm anything there.

Civil Warrior didn't debut in October of any year; he was added off the back of the Captain America: Civil War event and was also a part of the 75th anniversary of Captain America tie-ins that several Marvel games did.

Guillotine has also appeared in Al Ewing's US Avengers series as part of the Champions of Europe team with Ares, Outlaw and others from the CoC comic in the tie in to Secret Empire.
  • MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    She came out with act 4 and 5*.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I do quite like the idea of an MCOC Originals synergy team, though.