**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Clarification post on timeline for champ changes

SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
My apologies if I missed this somewhere, but are Cull and Maw changes now occurring before Torch and Annihilus? Are Torch and Annihilus changes still on the horizon?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    first wil b Ht n Anhi . released in november so Cull n maw should b with december.
    No idea about Diablo,thing,CMm,NF, rebalance all why stop at 2 😭
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153017/more-consistent-balance-changes-coming-your-way#latest
    What to expect:

- 3 months after a Champion is released we’ll have reviewed and analyzed their data.
    - If it needs a small balance, up or down, we will notify the player base before it enters into the Basic Crystal Pool of Champions.
    - Approximately 3 months later any changes made will have been tested and then released to the Community.

This new balance cadence will be limited to minor balancing of a Champion's existing kit, abilities won’t be added or removed. If a Champion needs a rework, that Champion will be addressed separately, and any compensation will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

For example: If a Champion is under-performing as an Attacker, we may choose to boost the potency of their Fury or Cruelty Effects. If they are under-performing as a Defender, we may look into decreasing the cooldown on a defensive ability.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153017/more-consistent-balance-changes-coming-your-way#latest
    What to expect:

- 3 months after a Champion is released we’ll have reviewed and analyzed their data.
    - If it needs a small balance, up or down, we will notify the player base before it enters into the Basic Crystal Pool of Champions.
    - Approximately 3 months later any changes made will have been tested and then released to the Community.

This new balance cadence will be limited to minor balancing of a Champion's existing kit, abilities won’t be added or removed. If a Champion needs a rework, that Champion will be addressed separately, and any compensation will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

For example: If a Champion is under-performing as an Attacker, we may choose to boost the potency of their Fury or Cruelty Effects. If they are under-performing as a Defender, we may look into decreasing the cooldown on a defensive ability.

Yes, I’m aware, but we were informed about Torch and Annihilus. Now they said Maw and Cull. It seemed to me that they meant they would be next. It’s entirely possible I skimmed it too quickly.

So, Torch and Annihilus are up next?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Likely, there are three steps outlined.

Gather data and review.

Let the players know the results and direction they are going with the balance changes. This is what has happened with HT, Anni, Ronin, Maw and Cull.

Then test and release approx 3 months later. But because it is approximate and testing is involved that time line cannot be definitive and you then cannot expect them to all be released at a specific relative time.