**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Global Node - Dodge overpowered?

RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
This days you can be sure that anybody in aw takes Dodge, where s sized champion doge an attack, as its the only one getting a kill or two.

I think its overpowered compared to the other global nodes. And i think most agree, as you can be sure to run into this global node every aw ...

So i suggest to delete it or alter it.Or you leave it as it is, and agree that everybody takes it, and the variaty you wanted to achieve with global nodes is redundand, as everybody takes dodge anyway ...

Best regards,

Ro00ts

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    RoOOts said:

This days you can be sure that anybody in aw takes Dodge, where s sized champion doge an attack, as its the only one getting a kill or two.

I think its overpowered compared to the other global nodes. And i think most agree, as you can be sure to run into this global node every aw ...

So i suggest to delete it or alter it.Or you leave it as it is, and agree that everybody takes it, and the variaty you wanted to achieve with global nodes is redundand, as everybody takes dodge anyway ...

Best regards,

Ro00ts

I see more metal, dodge has a lot of counters
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    I'm sure kabam can look up their files, and will have to come the same conclusion. Dodge is the most used and successful global node.

I don't enjoy AW till the changes they made anyway, as most players. But if you make a HUGE change because of diversity. ... and then everybody does the same again. It's a fail, not a succes. so change it again, before I the player base gets to used to it and makes rank up decision based on thisn
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★

I see more metal, dodge has a lot of counters

Mind to list them here?

Everybody on that list isn’t an effective counter at all and even if they are one of the few that are actually a viable option to bring to AW attack it’s still a challenge and RnG fiesta with 5/5 limber, Max sig, 25k wasp on aegis heavy.

Actually they are, seeing how they can completely negate evade, iceman being one of the few that cannot get around wasp. Also what does a single node have to do with this.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    They’re actually all effective evade counters and a fair number are some of the top champs in the game.😂. Sounds like you have a skill gap that you need to work on, might be helpful to ask one of your more experienced members to take those fights. If you’d used a better champ option and a better approach you’d have done better. Just a suggestion don’t get defensive. Many people manage those fights just fine at all tiers, maybe you’re a newer player. Should they tune all aw fights so that they aren’t difficult? They honestly should make nodes and defenders more difficult.

🐻
  • jilanibuxjilanibux Posts: 64
    It's meant to be a 5% evade chance.Now imagine even with true strike against Domino with her lucky and unlucky and AAR. A team mate of mine had Domino evade a full 5 hit Combo. Whether that was lucky or Unlucky for a defender to do that who is overpowered already isn't fair on anybody.
    So he says.... people often say things happened that didn’t happen when they don’t play well so that they aren’t judged, ridiculed or cause anger amongst teammates for dying in aw aq. Sorry but even if that happened, some fights are meant to be tough. You’re welcome to place the same defenders with the same tactics and then it’s just as hard for them right? Lol plenty of dominos get one shot with dodge tactics on. Use a better champ, better approach, improve your skills and quit always wanting everything tuned to the difficulty that YOU specifically want.🙄

🐻
    Oh I'm sorry? I'm the only person with this issue and my teammate clearly? This thread ain't got others with the same issue? Anything that makes Kabam money they won't fix but anything that benefits the player well that's gotta be fixed before the day ends. It's typical Kabam behaviour. There's been plenty of bugs in this game. If this evade is one of them when did you become the deciding authority as to what gets fixed and what doesn't.
    As Kabam have done with She Hulk and are going to do with Cull, this node, in combination with Domino, is clearly overpowered in AW defense and needs to be "fixed".
    jilanibux said:

Oh I'm sorry? I'm the only person with this issue and my teammate clearly? This thread ain't got others with the same issue? Anything that makes Kabam money they won't fix but anything that benefits the player well that's gotta be fixed before the day ends. It's typical Kabam behaviour. There's been plenty of bugs in this game. If this evade is one of them when did you become the deciding authority as to what gets fixed and what doesn't.
    As Kabam have done with She Hulk and are going to do with Cull, this node, in combination with Domino, is clearly overpowered in AW defense and needs to be "fixed".

What is clear to you maybe is not nesssisarily fact. This is not a bug report, but an opinion post. There are many ways around domino even like this. You can not attack her when she is lucky. This is wise not just because of 10% increase in her dodge, but also because parries last less times. You can use a prox midnight/corvus synergy, therefore cutting off evade after the first, and bait the first with slower attacks. You can also use the other champions listed. You have a right to your opinion that this "should" be fixed, but you do not have a right to attack others personally for their opinion.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    jilanibux said:

It's meant to be a 5% evade chance.Now imagine even with true strike against Domino with her lucky and unlucky and AAR. A team mate of mine had Domino evade a full 5 hit Combo. Whether that was lucky or Unlucky for a defender to do that who is overpowered already isn't fair on anybody.

Why would you throw a full combo into someone evading....
    Lol I disagree with GW all the time actually. Someone asked for evade counters... those are champions who counter evade since people are struggling with the concept. I listed every champ I could think of that counters evade. I know, how criminal of me to answer his question. Then next someone sweeps a generalization that “everyone” I listed is ineffective?😂😂😂. Seriously? Sure though.... I’m the one with the problem. Some people don’t wanna hear the answer to their question, only that their complaint is as important to everyone else as it is to them... newsflash sunshine, it rarely will be. Feel free to block or ignore me though, I could care less.

🐻
    INTEGRAL said:

5% chance for evade on node but it is 90% chance when you fight

really, so on every node you are seeing 9 out of 10 hits being evaded?
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    We run Crush and a **** ton of Domino lol
    Lormif said:

INTEGRAL said:

5% chance for evade on node but it is 90% chance when you fight

really, so on every node you are seeing 9 out of 10 hits being evaded?
    I am.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I agree that it's fairly overpowered and that it seems to occur more then 5% of the time. It makes certain OP defenders even more OP and was obviously created to increase revenue. The problem is that fewer and fewer are caring about AW and so it might be having the opposite effect that Kabam intended.