**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IMIW AI

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

I've taken him down with a Node on him. That's not what I'm talking about. I said his AI is different than others, made apparent by my experience in the Arena.

I thought I actually adressed your point, but maybe I worded it poorly.

In short:

Yes, iron man iw has some unique ai behavior (like several other champs) in relation to his abilities.

In my experience however, this unique behavior is not adaptive. So he'll mostly catch you off guard, if you play against him like you would against any other opponent.

Just play around with him a little and try to get a feeling for that. For example, get him to 1 bar of power and try to get some distance between the both of you, preferably max distance. Just idle walking towards him will make him throw his sp1, because his sp1 is trying to intercept you.

As soon as you adapt to his ai, most of what he does doesn't make any sense anymore lol.

Am I still getting you wrong?
    No, you get what I'm saying. I suppose it's not just his AI specifically. It's his AI in combination with the overall AI pattern lately. Plus his Abilities. It's making the Arena Fights in the Infinite much longer than usual. The AI has a pattern of using Block immediately, jerking back whenever you move forward, Intercepting every Heavy, just being difficult overall. Then you add how his AI behaves differently, plus his Abilities, and it's very apparent that he, along with other Champs like Domino, are very different.

I've taken him down with a Node on him. That's not what I'm talking about. I said his AI is different than others, made apparent by my experience in the Arena.

In short:

Yes, iron man iw has some unique ai behavior (like several other champs) in relation to his abilities.

In my experience however, this unique behavior is not adaptive. So he'll mostly catch you off guard, if you play against him like you would against any other opponent.

Just play around with him a little and try to get a feeling for that. For example, get him to 1 bar of power and try to get some distance between the both of you, preferably max distance. Just idle walking towards him will make him throw his sp1, because his sp1 is trying to intercept you.

As soon as you adapt to his ai, most of what he does doesn't make any sense anymore lol.

No, you get what I'm saying. I suppose it's not just his AI specifically. It's his AI in combination with the overall AI pattern lately. Plus his Abilities. It's making the Arena Fights in the Infinite much longer than usual. The AI has a pattern of using Block immediately, jerking back whenever you move forward, Intercepting every Heavy, just being difficult overall. Then you add how his AI behaves differently, plus his Abilities, and it's very apparent that he, along with other Champs like Domino, are very different.
    Absolutely, although intercepting his heavy is definitely the way to go, in case you don't have an ideal counter, which you probably won't in most cases in arena lol.

That comes down to timing, though, so this is about practice. Keep in mind that different champs with different heavy animations will also have different timings for the heavy intercept.

What seems to work most consistently is hitting his block 2 or 3 times and then immediately hold block. Most of the time he'll immediately try to throw a heavy. Sometimes he'll hit your block a few times.

Once he starts charging his heavy just dash back once and hold your heavy. You can intercept him safely after his first heavy hit, his plasma chest bump so to speak. Connecting your own heavt is all about timing, depending on the speed of your own heavy animation and its reach.
    If you can get an Intercept in. That spontaneous Evade is like the AI has Auto-Evade now. Lol. Thanks for the suggestion.

In short:

Absolutely, although intercepting his heavy is definitely the way to go, in case you don't have an ideal counter, which you probably won't in most cases in arena lol.

That comes down to timing, though, so this is about practice. Keep in mind that different champs with different heavy animations will also have different timings for the heavy intercept.

What seems to work most consistently is hitting his block 2 or 3 times and then immediately hold block. Most of the time he'll immediately try to throw a heavy. Sometimes he'll hit your block a few times.

Once he starts charging his heavy just dash back once and hold your heavy. You can intercept him safely after his first heavy hit, his plasma chest bump so to speak. Connecting your own heavt is all about timing, depending on the speed of your own heavy animation and its reach.
    If you can get an Intercept in. That spontaneous Evade is like the AI has Auto-Evade now. Lol. Thanks for the suggestion.
    What do you mean with spontaneous evade? Him dashing out of your dash attack?

Generally dashing towards him isn't the greatest idea lol. Once you have a feeling for his overall behavior however you'll have an easier time actually detecting the openings he gives you.

He normally can't evade/dash out of his heavy, though.
    Lately, the AI has been able to jerk back at will. Difficult to explain without showing a Video, but I call it the spontaneous Evade. It can be in the middle of dashing forward, in the middle of an Attack, whenever. I suppose it's been reported. Along the same lines as the reaction times. Generally, there's less opportunity to connect because responses are almost automatic.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    On a more serious note. I don't understand what you mean with he freezes your moves half the time. However, you said he auto-blocked 5 times in a row. You do know that you have to keep an eye on his armors, because when he reaches 4 he will consume one to auto-block (and can triger parry)?

When fighting IMIW, in my opinion it's natural the fight takes longer than usual, because he requires a little dancing around, especialy if duped

Natural is relative. If you're in the Arena on a 3-day Grind and you notice one or two Fights taking uncharacteristically long, you want to bring it up.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Natural is relative. If you're in the Arena on a 3-day Grind and you notice one or two Fights taking uncharacteristically long, you want to bring it up.

You are right. I also agree his ai behaves differently, making fights last longer than others but I doubt Kabam devs will consider changing it. It is what it is.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Every AI feels like theyve been upgraded recently. Just today, I was hitting a blocking opponent and it suddenly dexed halfway through my barrage and threw a special. That never happened to me until recently. IMIW feels even more annoying bc he has armor up and that auto block