**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Huge bug - Parry Timer is not correct vs generic quest NPCs

MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
I was running through Variant 3 with a slightly different mastery setup than normal and was facing off against Colossus in Variant 3.3.1 when I noticed that the parry timer was expiring very quickly it seemed like. I started recording and finished the fight, and reviewed it after... and I was sadly shocked. I have 3/3 in Parry, which should mean a 2 second long stun on parry for this node as there is no limber on the local node or Global node.

I am trying to keep this as simple as possible, so have recorded a 1.6 second long .gif, but have the video if Kabam is going to try and say "working as intended."

I have included a longer gif as well below:

I cannot believe that this bug has gone unnoticed for this long. This would mean that 3/3 Parry does NOT have the extended timer of 2.0 seconds but only the base timer of 1.5 seconds.

Model: Samsung S9+
Version: Latest on both MCoC and Android
Node: Boss of Variant 3.3.1
Defender: Colossus
Attacker: R5* Omega Red, 180 sigs.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,758 ★★★★★
    You can't tag mods, that's why it was deleted.
    That post, as well as your last one, is just to call attention really. You won't get it from youtubers as well
  • Interesting, it used to say "up to 2.0 second(s)" and someone tested parry timing extensively before and posted the result on Reddit.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★

Interesting, it used to say "up to 2.0 second(s)" and someone tested parry timing extensively before and posted the result on Reddit.

3 year plus old information, pre 12.0 patch and the change to the text, diminishing returns, etc. Not relevant to the current bug, sorry :(.
    Mods - would it help if I uploaded the video to show more of it or is this enough to forward onto the team to fix the mastery to actually increase then stun time from 1.5 seconds to the correct 2.0 seconds as stated in the description for 3/3 points?

I also tested it with the Stupefy mastery, and that mastery does increase the parry time by 0.1 to 0.5 seconds as more points are invested, so this is solely an issue with point 2 and point 3 into the Parry mastery not extending the stun time.

Please let me know if there is anything more I can provide to help this investigation and please let me know if/when you guys forward this on to the dev team. Thanks!
    edited September 2019

This is still happening in every mode in the game - Parry at 3/3 points is not lasting for 2 seconds versus any champion as it is supposed to by the description. I do not see this on the formal list of bugs yet.
    Also, it can be clearly seen that the stun is not lasting for 2.0 seconds as Omega Red inflicts his Death Spores at a rate of 1 per 0.5 seconds. He inflicts 3, just as an internal reference to the fact that parry is only lasting for 1.5 seconds at 3/3 points.

That’s because it scales to 2 seconds with perfect block chance
    Very bad wording indeed

Erm, no. The base time is 1.5 seconds at 1/3 points, plus PB chance. The time at 3/3 points is 2.0 seconds, plus PB chance. This is true not only due to the exact wording, but also given that if you invest 1 point or 3 points, the Parry length is EXACTLY the same length. The additional points do not just allow the PB stun time extension to go from 0 to an additional 0.5 seconds.
    edited September 2019

As you can see - Damage reduction goes up for each tier, as does the base stun time.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★

Very bad wording indeed

It doesn’t actually, I have just tried a parry with daredevil (classic), who has a 40% perfect block chance, with max parry and stupefy masteries. Admittedly it wasn’t the most scientific of tests, but I counted ~3 seconds of stun duration against ROL Winter Soldier. It appears that perfect block adds to stun duration.
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★
    A similar test carried out with a similar rating Ultron (AOU) resulted in ~2.5 seconds stun duration for me. Again, this wasn’t the best method of testing lol. That said, the parry mastery appears to be working with full duration for me.
    Webby72 said:

Very bad wording indeed

It doesn’t actually, I have just tried a parry with daredevil (classic), who has a 40% perfect block chance, with max parry and stupefy masteries. Admittedly it wasn’t the most scientific of tests, but I counted ~3 seconds of stun duration against ROL Winter Soldier. It appears that perfect block adds to stun duration.
    Precisely. The time stated is the BASE time, just like it says for each point. The stun time does increase, which can be observed on any CA, DD classic, or MS with 4+ souls. This is clearly a programming bug that does not increase the BASE stun time for all champions to 1.7 or 2.0 seconds when the 2nd and 3rd tier points are invested in.

I should probably test the parry damage reduction as well because that probably is not factored in correctly either.
    Webby72 said:

A similar test carried out with a similar rating Ultron (AOU) resulted in ~2.5 seconds stun duration for me. Again, this wasn’t the best method of testing lol. That said, the parry mastery appears to be working with full duration for me.

Ultron has a high Block as well.
    Webby72 said:

Literally just ran it with Parry at 3/3 and Stupefy at 3/3 - stun time should be at a base of 2.5 seconds. It is 2.0 seconds.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I would hope this bug gets fixed. Did you submit an actual ticket?
    I thought a side by side comparison with 1/3 Parry and 3/3 Parry would maybe help clarify the issue even more... same opponent, same game mode, same attacker without anyone else on the team... just with the mastery change.

1/3 points in Parry: stun length 2.0 seconds (1.5 from Parry, 0.5 from Stupefy):

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    This desperately needs fixed. I've been experiencing this too. Random opponents in EQ's with no nodes (not Rogue or Blade or any champs like that) and I don't even have time to let off a heavy. I have Parry and Stupefy maxed out and it's just feeling like a waste if masteries right now.
    They want more proof from more people. Please record a video vs WS in RoL with 1/3 Parry and 3/3 Stupefy, and another video with 3/3 in both so they can see that it is not just me. We are losing out on 0.5 seconds of stun time, which only helps Kabam and not us. That is an extra Limber trigger or two in AQ/AW/Questing if you are like most people and rely heavily on Parries.

This is exactly why I first noticed it. I thought that 3/3 in Parry is enough for heavy counters and I only need 2 seconds amd not 2.5, so dropped Stupefy from 3 to 0 and had Parry at 3 points. Stun time went to 1.5 seconds and I was not able to reliably Parry heavy with champs that have a slow heavy trigger (another "bug" per Kabam Miike).
    Thank you for the first official response on this thread, Kabam Zibitt. I have included all of the information you have asked for above. I can duplicate the result on any fight, in any mode, with any champion, against any opponent that does not modify debuff time length.

The first clip above is from 3.3.1 Colossus boss, and the mastery setup there had 3/3 in Parry, 0/3 in Stupefy. The result is a stun length of 1.5 seconds.

The clips above that are of WS from RoL. The only difference between the two is one has 1/3 in Parry, and the other has 3/3 in Parry - both have 3/3 in Stupefy. There are no other champions in my team, so no synergy to consider. There is no local node or global node that affects stun length. This means one should be 2.0 seconds long, and one should be 2.5 seconds long. Both are 2.0 seconds long. See image below that shows which of the above WS clips is which.

Below is proof of the length of each gif - both are 1.95 MB, and 2.0 seconds in length.

• Would you be able to share the whole video with us? You can post it on youtube and post a link to it if you need.
    I certainly can - the reason I have not is using software, I can break the video down into 0.1 second increments to show that it is 2.0 seconds for both and not 2.0 for one and 2.5 for the other. I will do it later today when I return home. I would have thought that both gifs are the same size and the same length, which is less than the actual time one of them should be (2.5 seconds) would be imminently obvious, but I can understand the desire to see the full video.

I will make one with OR and no other team members with 1/3 Parry and 3/3 Stupefy and a second video with 3/3 Parry and 3/3 Stupefy with multiple parries and post a link here. This should be very easy for anyone at Kabam to duplicate.
    edited September 2019
    Cull Obsidian, no other team members, WS in RoL, 1/3 in Parry, 3/3 in Stupefy:

https://youtu.be/ERqcI2hN8Xs

Cull Obsidian, no other team members, WS in RoL, 3/3 in Parry, 3/3 in Stupefy:

https://youtu.be/QrObatsjcRM

Both gifs are 2.0 seconds long from each of the supplied Youtube hosted videos showing the start and finish of a Parry - this absolutely, 100% shows that at 1/3 points in Parry results in the same Parry length as 3/3 points.

@Kabam Zibiit - see supplied videos. You can see that the Parry damage reduction applies for the same champions and opponents (51 dmg vs 60 dmg), but there is NO increase in stun length when there should be a 0.5 second longer stun time.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I can confirm this happens to me as well in questing, felt very strange.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

Cull Obsidian, no other team members, WS in RoL, 1/3 in Parry, 3/3 in Stupefy:

https://youtu.be/ERqcI2hN8Xs

Cull Obsidian, no other team members, WS in RoL, 3/3 in Parry, 3/3 in Stupefy:

https://youtu.be/QrObatsjcRM

Both gifs are 2.0 seconds long from each of the supplied Youtube hosted videos showing the start and finish of a Parry - this absolutely, 100% shows that at 1/3 points in Parry results in the same Parry length as 3/3 points.

@Kabam Zibiit - see supplied videos. You can see that the Parry damage reduction applies for the same champions and opponents (51 dmg vs 60 dmg), but there is NO increase in stun length when there should be a 0.5 second longer stun time.

Not saying there is no issue here, but the second videos stun is longer, not 1 second longer mind you, but you can see in the first video you stun him. Also you see him charging at you when you parry him at the start.. In the second video he is stunned the entire duration.
    edited September 2019
    Do I need to break it down frame by frame? They are within 0.1 seconds of each other because that is the lowest resolution I can achieve with it. They are the same length for all intents and purposes. The point is that one is clearly no where close to 2.5 seconds as it should be. Case in point below - this one has 3/3 in Parry and 0/3 in Stupefy. That means it should be the same length as a stun when you have 1/3 in Parry and 3/3 in Stupefy. It is not. It is 1.5 seconds long.

1/3 Parry, 3/3 Stupefy

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

Do I need to break it down frame by frame? They are within 0.1 seconds of each other because that is the lowest resolution I can achieve with it. They are the same length for all intents and purposes. The point is that one is clearly no where close to 2.5 seconds as it should be. Case in point below - this one has 3/3 in Parry and 0/3 in Stupefy. That means it should be the same length as a stun when you have 1/3 in Parry and 3/3 in Stupefy. It is not. It is 1.5 seconds long.

1/3 Parry, 3/3 Stupefy

no, as I stated I was not trying to say an issue did not exist, just pointing out the difference.
This discussion has been closed.