**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Symbiote supreme counters for boss rush

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
I’ve gone through the boss rush a couple of times now just to test different counters on Sym supreme, as this is (in my opinion) the hardest fight.

He’s fairly niche in the way he’s designed that there isn’t a huge list of counters for him but still, there are a few.

Ones I’ve tested
Ghost- take in hood, this gives you the ability to tank sp3 with 0 damage. You just have to worry about being caught with a special while you have a precision buff meaning you can’t phase. Ghosts damage means you can take him down in one big sp2. This is the option I used first time round, an unduped 4/55

Doc Oc- I actually only have a 5* rank 1, so I took him in just to see if in theory he works. And he does! You can power lock Sym supreme all the time. Just watch for that initial sp1 and keep baiting specials when you can until he’s under 1 bar of power. It’s a risk to go for your sp3 but if it pays off then you get a longer stun lock. I do think it’s possible to solo with Doc Oc though

Void- takes a bit of baiting just to apply the petrifies, a tricky one to handle but definitely possible. Have to rely on RNG to get petrifies early on. (Bonus that he works well for domino as well)

Now these are champs I haven’t tested but theoretically should work

Gambit- first time he’s been useful since variant 1, just stun lock with his guaranteed stun on sp1

Sparky- stun lock again, plus evasion of specials and the power drain and taunt works great

Red skull- another stun lock, plus an emergency power drain with blocking

Ronan- stun lock once more, just build to one sp1 and you’ve won the fight. Unlike usual, a 2* Ronan won’t be able to work here as you’ll have to take the block damage of the initial special 2

Luke cage- stun lock on sp1 also and if you mess up then you’ve got the indestructible, not the best option but exhaustion also can reverse the power gain

Magik- limbo can help with damage, power lock sp2 rinse and repeat. Can keep him at 0 power

Gwenpool- your evading-without-dexterity game would have to be on point but you wouldn’t have to worry about special attacks, just don’t trigger dexterity and you’ll be fine

Thing- thing is on lagacy’s video as an almost solo, here’s the link- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fM0tf9O2Nqs&feature=youtu.be
He will explain it better than I can, I don’t use Thing that much!

Now for champs that *might* work but I’m not sure
Modok- maybe a constant sp1 spam could reverse the power enough, I’m not sure

Dormamu- same idea as magik but I’m not sure if he would be able to reliably get to sp2 each time

Cap IW- lots of parrying will reduce the power gain like void. Probably not the best option but if you have nobody else

Carnage- now this one is a bit out of left field, I think it would be possible, with his ability power gain and the 50% power cost that if you get a heavy off you could literally just fire off sp1 after sp1 and keep Sym locked in the corner. With unblockable specials you wouldn’t have to worry about timing. I’m going to test this one out when I get energy.

Others?

Please comment if you have any ideas for others, if you’ve tested one and they don’t work or even if you just disagree with one I’ve suggested!

Comments

• TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    One shot with hawkeye, once you get to sp1 you can keep his power under control easy
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Don't use red skull
    He'll nullify your buffs and ko you
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    TwmR said:

One shot with hawkeye, once you get to sp1 you can keep his power under control easy

Damn how did I forget him, of course!
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Gladiator hulk oneshot him
    Jh_Dez said:

Don't use red skull
    He'll nullify your buffs and ko you

Good point, would have to be a very high health red skull and I don’t think anyone would have him that high

Gladiator hulk oneshot him

Was that an sp1 spam or did you go to sp2? I would have thought that his sp1 won’t stun once crowd excitement gets over 80 and then you get sp3 from Sym
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I used km with bpcw synergy with couple of 20% revives, but if you can keep spamming sp2 and not use dex, can probably oneshot him. Got a pretty good first run, smth like 40%, but then died because if dex. Also km 1shoted final tm easily. I actually didn't even read the node, lol) Had void for synergy as well
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    This is by far the hardest fight. It’s a total BS node. Starts with two bars of power and power gain takes him straight to SP3. Wiped out my whole team. Great design.
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    I used stark spidey with cap iw/vision sinergy. Start match with parry, heavy, when symbiote will use a special he will lost all power. Then just use L1 to stun chain, with power reserve node you'll be able to make symbiote be stunned for entire match. I think 4* starky would work well
    OmegaMan said:

This is by far the hardest fight. It’s a total BS node. Starts with two bars of power and power gain takes him straight to SP3. Wiped out my whole team. Great design.

What was your team? Had you prepared for it or did you just take your best?

I used stark spidey with cap iw/vision sinergy. Start match with parry, heavy, when symbiote will use a special he will lost all power. Then just use L1 to stun chain, with power reserve node you'll be able to make symbiote be stunned for entire match. I think 4* starky would work well

That’s a fantastic point. Use any tech champ with that synergy and whenever he uses a special he loses all power. That’s great!
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I would be interested to see Mysterio + Heimdall, launch sp1 + eat a sp3 might do it
    I’d say that’s not quite perfect. If it were me I’d swap Ant man for iron man classic. You sacrifice some damage for ghost but she can manage, but it also means whenever Sym supreme launches a special he loses all power. Making it a much easier fight
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    I used magik, got lucky with rng because he threw 2 sp2 that slowed me to get to my sp2 and lock him.
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    Starky made this fight incredibly easy
    A fast heavy power drain at the beginning to avoid the s3 and then stun stun stun easiest fight of the rush.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    Original Vision made this fight very easy; if you have him. Especially with CAIW alongside.