**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Community Choice Boss Rush Challenge 2

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

I'd rather take that legendary bossrush crystal with 16.6% chance on either a domino, sue, quake or sym sup than a 0.7% chance on a random champ.

And get a 4 star and then complaining after yes I’m rather get dups 5 star mean more 6 star for furture
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 755 ★★★
    This was very easy and not totally roster dependent 😁
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Mixalis said:

For me it was very easy, but thanks for the dupe on Rhino smh. There should have been a 5* for one of the 6 champions in the boss rush.

Yeah I feel that Rhino pain mate I also pulled him :disappointed: Tbh I was hoping the reward was going to be one of the 6 champs
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★

This is a fair challenge. End game players will not have trouble and mid tier can compete. Other than the Domino none of the contributors hurt the community here. The rewards are low but that is standard for this game. Nothing worth complaining about ... other than the Domino. The Domino is going to give some players a real problem if the do not have a Void.

I used Doctor Voodoo made it a really easy fight
  • Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 297 ★★★
    Easy five star crystal. But was kinda looking forward to some 5* sig stones (or crystals)
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    I hope some of the players here would stop complaining about the rewards. It's just a very short quest but it rewards a full 5*. I'm an F2P but I also understand those spenders why they have their demands/complaints/concerns/requests, and I'm thankful to you guys because your contributions enable Kabam to continually improve this game. But let's also learn to appreciate what Kabam is giving us because if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the chance to experience one of the best (if not) Marvel game ever created.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    JCBR said:

I hope some of the players here would stop complaining about the rewards. It's just a very short quest but it rewards a full 5*. I'm an F2P but I also understand those spenders why they have their demands/complaints/concerns/requests, and I'm thankful to you guys because your contributions enable Kabam to continually improve this game. But let's also learn to appreciate what Kabam is giving us because if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the chance to experience one of the best (if not) Marvel game ever created.

You are correct do not complain about the rewards if you are F2P
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Treinin said:

Unfortunately this was way too easy and only took all of 5 minutes to complete. For 10k shards it was certainly worth doing, but for all the hype it received I was hoping for something more challenging and with a higher reward payout. Good event for people with less developed accounts though. Perhaps we could see 2 tiers of difficulty next time.

If the devs grant this request, I already have the boss fight for tier 2. I'll try to write up my Boss Rush thoughts later today, but here's a preview: the devs said I was being too mean.

The intent of this Boss Rush, if I'm paraphrasing correctly, is that it was intended for moderately skilled players with moderately advanced rosters to find it very, but not overwhelmingly challenging. It was not intended to test the strongest players with the strongest rosters, and in fact some of the fights were reduced somewhat from their original design.
    @DNA3000 would love to test out your design. I tried to be fair in my review - I found it too easy for me personally, but did state I think it would be good for less developed accounts, which seems where it was designed. And again, the rewards for the challenge were appropriate, I just had my hopes up for something juicy with all the hype this got =)

It wasn't a bad event, I just wasn't the target demographic =)

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    This was fine. Not everything has to be The Maze, and it’s enjoyable to get 10K shards—even if it only wound up making my 5* Iron Fist 20 levels more focused, or 20 levels less distracted, or whatever (shameless plug time—IF desperately needs a spot in the next beta alongside Red Magneto and a rework of Pure Skill).

Thanks for the effort put in by the Community Creators!

Dr. Zola
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I wish they would have a boss rush a week if that gives me an extra 5 star. Just make it a little hard and give us a featured crystal next time would be my suggestion or break it up into two difficulties for mid tier players and end game players.

• I've posted my thoughts on my design methodology for the Invisible Woman fight here, for those who are interested: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/160006/my-thoughts-on-designing-the-iw-fight-for-the-boss-rush

A lot of thought went into the fight on my side, more than I can fit into a single post, but I tried to cover the main ideas. And while these were my thoughts and my design goals, nothing there should be seen as a criticism of any of the other Boss Rush designers, who had their own goals and ideas for what they wanted to accomplish with their fights.

True story: the creators were given a chance to test the content a few weeks ago, and I wasn't sure what to expect from the fights. I popped in, looked them over, tried to assemble what I thought was an optimal team for the fight and straight up sailed through the entire thing without blinking. I thought "hmm, this might be too easy" and decided to try again, this time paying more attention to the fights to see where the hard parts and easy parts were.

I promptly team wiped seven times on Domino. This is the original, boosted, awakened Domino. And when I did get past Domino, I was completely unable to get past the original Quake. It took twelve tries just to get to my fight to even test it after the first run.

I have no idea what happened on the first try: I should have recorded it because apparently mvincible only possesses players once in their life, and that was my turn.
  • Treinin said:

DNA3000 said:

Treinin said:

Unfortunately this was way too easy and only took all of 5 minutes to complete. For 10k shards it was certainly worth doing, but for all the hype it received I was hoping for something more challenging and with a higher reward payout. Good event for people with less developed accounts though. Perhaps we could see 2 tiers of difficulty next time.

If the devs grant this request, I already have the boss fight for tier 2. I'll try to write up my Boss Rush thoughts later today, but here's a preview: the devs said I was being too mean.

The intent of this Boss Rush, if I'm paraphrasing correctly, is that it was intended for moderately skilled players with moderately advanced rosters to find it very, but not overwhelmingly challenging. It was not intended to test the strongest players with the strongest rosters, and in fact some of the fights were reduced somewhat from their original design.
    @DNA3000 would love to test out your design. I tried to be fair in my review - I found it too easy for me personally, but did state I think it would be good for less developed accounts, which seems where it was designed. And again, the rewards for the challenge were appropriate, I just had my hopes up for something juicy with all the hype this got =)

It wasn't a bad event, I just wasn't the target demographic =)

I posted my design thoughts here and the super hard fight is in there: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/160006/my-thoughts-on-designing-the-iw-fight-for-the-boss-rush

But if you want to skip all that, the ridiculous option I came up with was: Power Struggle + Power Shield + Destructive Feedback + Korg

I also suggested to the devs a new game mode: King of the Stupidly Hard Hill. It goes like this. You release a map with just one fight: that one. You let everyone do it as often as they want, zero energy, zero rewards. After a period of time, say a week, whomever has the fastest time beating it gets a title "King of the Stupidly Hard HIll" and gets to design the next one. No one is allowed to repeat. If the fastest time has already designed one, the reward falls to the second fastest time. If they don't want the option to design the next one, it falls to the next person, and so on.

Bonus round: do this once a month, and at the end of the year you release a map with the six best fights at five difficulties: 2*, 3*, up to 6*, scaled to make it at least somewhat reasonable for a wider range of players to tackle it, with actual rewards.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    I think my favorite was Quake, because they put one of the most annoying Quake nodes (debuff immune) to try to force you to take some aftershock, but then they also gave you a tool to avoid having to intercept or bait heavies with Spite... so I just deliberately got Spite, and then you can just cycle baiting and evading specials and punishing her. Pretty decent design.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    loved the design and rewards were great for the amount of time you invest.

My only criticism is the titles are cool if you want to fanboy out I guess but a generic one would have been nice as well. Nothing against any of the boss rush designers but I don't necessarily want to put another summoners name in my title.

I do like "The Man" though as that seems the most generic out of all of them :smiley:
  • loved the design and rewards were great for the amount of time you invest.

My only criticism is the titles are cool if you want to fanboy out I guess but a generic one would have been nice as well. Nothing against any of the boss rush designers but I don't necessarily want to put another summoners name in my title.

I do like "The Man" though as that seems the most generic out of all of them :smiley:

Just as an FYI, Kabam chose the titles and while the creators had some input into them, the format of the titles was fixed: The SomethingSomething Whatever. I couldn't think of a better one that was relevant and fit the format, so I decided to approve the title that was suggested by Kabam.

Personally, I think "The Diggedy Dork" is the best one. And I am well aware of the irony of my title being "The Invisible" anything.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Just as an FYI, Kabam chose the titles and while the creators had some input into them, the format of the titles was fixed: The SomethingSomething Whatever. I couldn't think of a better one that was relevant and fit the format, so I decided to approve the title that was suggested by Kabam.

Personally, I think "The Diggedy Dork" is the best one. And I am well aware of the irony of my title being "The Invisible" anything.

The irony of your title is my favorite part of it, without a doubt. It'll be the next one I pick up!
  • ZoneX95ZoneX95 Posts: 31
    edited September 2019
    This is nearly impossible for so many people.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★

I didnt like titles...all of them were somehow „your soul is mine“ or „you ar my fanboy now“ titles and took the man

LOL I feel and did the same
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    I have 5*unduped aa and unduped 4*void how can i take down domino tell kabam??
  • ZoneX95 said:

If I had to rank the fights in terms of approximate difficulty, I'd probably rank them as follows: King Groot, Taskmaster, Invisible Woman, Symbiote Supreme, Quake, Domino. Of course, depending on your roster and the counters you have and the different skills you have fighting different champs the order will be different for different people. At the low end I would expect any reasonably experienced player with any reasonable 4* roster to be able to get past King Groot. I think Taskmaster would be trickier, but being the last fight on the map you can plow through him without worrying about saving anything: you can just throw your whole (surviving) team at him. I think half the difficulty of Invisible Woman is her relative novelty, and the fact that fight has a lot of moving parts, but there are counters that can cut through her like butter. I would expect any better than average player with a moderate 5* roster to get past her. I think SS requires the right counters or a lot of revives, but I still expect most better than average players with a moderate to well developed 5* roster to get past him. I think Quake and Domino both require either just the right counter or very well developed skills to get past.

Assuming you're not going to just spend past the content, I think to get past everything would require either an extremely skilled player with a decent 4* roster, or an above average skilled player with a very well developed 5* roster including good counters and rank 4+ champs, or something in between. If that's not you, I think the challenge may be beyond your progress level. It is a Boss Rush, and it is not intended to be doable by everyone easily. If I had to pick some piece of content that roughly approximates its difficulty, it would probably be something like Variant 3, maybe. I think it's somewhat harder than the target Kabam was aiming for in my opinion. But even the target Kabam was aiming for would have been higher than many players could achieve. That's intentional for a challenge event like this.
  • Marino13paMarino13pa Posts: 3
    Once again a BS challenge.... The Domino fight requires certain champs or you cant possibly win... dont have them? Oh well, thanks for playing...
  • VancexClaRiiVancexClaRii Posts: 178
    Domino is not connecting? Why?

Voids debuffs are being removed even though they were inflicted before he got his Furies.

• How in the world do I beat domino
  • ZoneX95ZoneX95 Posts: 31
    edited September 2019
    DNA3000 said:

ZoneX95 said:

If I had to rank the fights in terms of approximate difficulty, I'd probably rank them as follows: King Groot, Taskmaster, Invisible Woman, Symbiote Supreme, Quake, Domino. Of course, depending on your roster and the counters you have and the different skills you have fighting different champs the order will be different for different people. At the low end I would expect any reasonably experienced player with any reasonable 4* roster to be able to get past King Groot. I think Taskmaster would be trickier, but being the last fight on the map you can plow through him without worrying about saving anything: you can just throw your whole (surviving) team at him. I think half the difficulty of Invisible Woman is her relative novelty, and the fact that fight has a lot of moving parts, but there are counters that can cut through her like butter. I would expect any better than average player with a moderate 5* roster to get past her. I think SS requires the right counters or a lot of revives, but I still expect most better than average players with a moderate to well developed 5* roster to get past him. I think Quake and Domino both require either just the right counter or very well developed skills to get past.

Assuming you're not going to just spend past the content, I think to get past everything would require either an extremely skilled player with a decent 4* roster, or an above average skilled player with a very well developed 5* roster including good counters and rank 4+ champs, or something in between. If that's not you, I think the challenge may be beyond your progress level. It is a Boss Rush, and it is not intended to be doable by everyone easily. If I had to pick some piece of content that roughly approximates its difficulty, it would probably be something like Variant 3, maybe. I think it's somewhat harder than the target Kabam was aiming for in my opinion. But even the target Kabam was aiming for would have been higher than many players could achieve. That's intentional for a challenge event like this.
    Why make a challenge only intended for people with huge accounts, should have at least had difficulties like master. This excludes so many people as I said.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

How in the world do I beat domino

Here's a list of champs that have effectively beaten Domino as 3*'s or higher that I've seen so far in chats -
    1. Void
    2. Archangel
    3. Sunspot
    4. Human Torch
    5. Mephisto
    6. Voodoo
    7. Proxima Midnight
    8. Beardo (Cap IW)
    9. Guillotine
    10. Mysterio
    11. Sym Supreme
    Void is one of the best options being incinerate immune. Same goes for Sunspot. Archangel can shut down and reverse her regen and is immune to AAR, as is Mysterio (he's a designed counter for her). Mephisto will shut down her regen in the beginning with Soul Imprisonment, making the rest of the fight easy, and Voodoo can constantly eat her regen with his L1.

Proxima can complete three missions and then solo her with an L3 (this has been done with both a 3* and 4*), Beardo can land petrifies if you bring a tech champ and then get some solid damage off. Sym can nullify her healing and cause bleed (but be careful of the power gain), and Guilly, if you get lucky, can reverse her regen.

There you go. From the person who helped to design the fight, and has been watching Line chats all day, there is a set list of counters and what to do for each of them.
  • Jestress said:

ZoneX95 said:

DNA3000 said:

ZoneX95 said:

Why make a challenge only intended for people with huge accounts, should have at least had difficulties like master. This excludes so many people as I said.
    I agree with this. I'm an end game player and was able to do this, but no chance someone with a strong roster can do this. Not fair to the other 80% of the community that can't participate.
    I assume by "participate" you mean "and have a reasonable chance of succeeding" when they participate. And if that is what you mean, then yes, this content is not fair by that definition of fair. Also, the vast majority of the content in the game is not fair, and I don't want it to be. If everyone can always do everything at whatever progress level they are and with whatever roster they have, that makes progress itself mostly pointless. I want a game in which there are things I can't do, until I progress to the point where I can. And those limits must exist within the structure of the game, and not by simply forcing myself to play blindfolded with my feet.

Some people want games to be challenging, and some want games where everyone can "participate." This game is the former. There are games that are the latter, but this isn't one of them, and I personally don't want it to become one. Everyone has a different idea of what a fair challenge is, and the IW fight I designed for the Boss Rush represents mine. There are tactical options, there are roster options, but not everyone can just do it with just anything. The less roster you have, the more skill you need and vice versa. I think that's fair.

And even though my fight is about average relative to all the Boss Rush fights, that's not because I think that difficulty level is the "correct" one. Its the one I think fits the target Kabam set. If they asked for a fight that would challenge the top 1%, I would have made that instead, because sometimes such challenges are good for the game.