**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Community Choice Boss Rush Challenge 2

Comments

• THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98
    DNA3000 said:

@Kabam Miike invisible woman is bugged she gains bars of power while you are stuck at 1 bar constantly

Can you guys not even release 6 fights without any bugs?

Not trying to offend, just would like to know your capabilities for future expectations.

I just tested the fight a couple times and there does seem to be an odd interaction between cornered and power struggle that sometimes causes the player to not gain power. I'm not sure what's causing it as I didn't see this happen when I first tested the fight. Unfortunately I could only test the fight a few times, as I had to plow past Domino and Quake to get to it in the first place. Those two fights were "somewhat harder" during the test. It isn't that the player is stuck at one bar: sometimes they get no power and sometimes they jump to two bars when cornered shoots past two bars of power (on the target side) quickly. At least that's what I saw when I tried the fight a few times. Perhaps this isn't happening to all players when they do the fight.

@Kabam Miike was Cornered 300% in the test? I thought it was the 200% version, but I forgot to snap a picture of the buff. It might need to be dialed back if it isn't working properly. *Some* power gain has a similar effect as Quake's spite. 300% and bugged player power would make the fight much harder than intended.
    Doesn’t invisible woman place exhaustion’s on you which reduce power gain which could stop the power gain?
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Well that was bloody painful. Lost count of the potions and revives I used to get through Dom and SS. Domino was doable with Beardo, but between the usual Domino BS, the freezing, and dropped inputs, and also kinda sucking, it hurt. SS was worse though. The AI didn't want to throw his special attacks. At all. No SP2 for a few seconds, proceeds to get SP3, RIP me. Also he managed to kill my Ghost at low health by nullifying her buffs, which was awesome. Woulda quit out and brought Hood or Starky if it was the first fight, but I'd already spent a fair bit to get there. Thank goodness for all my stashed potions. To be fair, I WAS shooting a little over my head.

Shoutouts to @RichTheMan, Star and ... I forget who else was working with her, and @DorkLessons for actually reasonable fights. I kinda hate Lagacy right now, but I'll get over it. :D Shoulda brought Starky.

Thanks Kabam! More of these would be cool. Maaaybe a little more rewards for the effort. It's a lot for a player who's operating with 5/50s, but still, cool event, hope we get more.
  • DNA3000 said:

@Kabam Miike invisible woman is bugged she gains bars of power while you are stuck at 1 bar constantly

Can you guys not even release 6 fights without any bugs?

Not trying to offend, just would like to know your capabilities for future expectations.

I just tested the fight a couple times and there does seem to be an odd interaction between cornered and power struggle that sometimes causes the player to not gain power. I'm not sure what's causing it as I didn't see this happen when I first tested the fight. Unfortunately I could only test the fight a few times, as I had to plow past Domino and Quake to get to it in the first place. Those two fights were "somewhat harder" during the test. It isn't that the player is stuck at one bar: sometimes they get no power and sometimes they jump to two bars when cornered shoots past two bars of power (on the target side) quickly. At least that's what I saw when I tried the fight a few times. Perhaps this isn't happening to all players when they do the fight.

@Kabam Miike was Cornered 300% in the test? I thought it was the 200% version, but I forgot to snap a picture of the buff. It might need to be dialed back if it isn't working properly. *Some* power gain has a similar effect as Quake's spite. 300% and bugged player power would make the fight much harder than intended.
    Doesn’t invisible woman place exhaustion’s on you which reduce power gain which could stop the power gain?
    Yes, she does. So far, I haven't seen anything in current testing that can't be explained by a large amount of exhaustion stacking, but initially I thought I didn't have enough stacks to completely stop power gain. I thought it was weird that I only saw normal power gain or no power gain, and no instances of fractional power gain, but that might have just been a coincidence in my initial runs with the live configuration.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Amazing content honestly. I enjoyed these fights very much.

And thanks @DNA3000 for putting your design thoughts on here. That’s what I like most about this. Reading what were your intentions and how much thought went into this.
    Hope we can see something like that from the rest of the creators.

Congrats on this boss rush. I would’ve completed it even without rewards just to play what other members of the community designed.

Hope we can see more of this type of content soon!
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

This is a fair challenge. End game players will not have trouble and mid tier can compete. Other than the Domino none of the contributors hurt the community here. The rewards are low but that is standard for this game. Nothing worth complaining about ... other than the Domino. The Domino is going to give some players a real problem if the do not have a Void.

Domino was easy with Cap. The real stupid fight was Sym Supreme. Double improved power gain, power reserve, and power start 2. Super fun....
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Maybe next time the content creators can also design the rewards which seem low or rather not the stuff some of us are looking for, but definitely interesting nodes and nice work from all of them. Also the 5 titles are very nice addition.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I think that's somewhat of a chasing a tail idea. Someone somewhere will feel excluded. Sometimes you have to set a bar.
  • BenLucas said:

Maybe next time the content creators can also design the rewards which seem low or rather not the stuff some of us are looking for, but definitely interesting nodes and nice work from all of them. Also the 5 titles are very nice addition.

I doubt the devs would ever let content creators choose the specifics of the rewards, at least in terms of overall value (they probably would let content creators choose variations, comparable to picking a dungeon crystal, say). But the CCs did have some influence on the rewards: they were originally lower in value. I recall the reward being an Ultimate crystal (i.e. 4* with chance for 5*) and some other stuff, and it was bumped upward to 10k 5* shards. I don't know what the other creators feedback was (there were no shared beta forums or anything like that) but I suspect many commented on the value of rewards.

If I was designing the map completely from scratch, what I might have done (if it is possible to do) was to make each fight grant a reward unto itself (only achievable once), composed of 1000 5* shards and one other bonus reward. Full completion would then grant an additional 4k 5* shards to top it off. The bonus rewards would be nice to haves but not ridiculously high. Things like gold, boosts, and sig stones. This way players that can do a few fights but can't finish the entire map could still get partial rewards.

It would have been funny to give attack boosts for King Groot and a revive for Domino, but that might have been a little too meta.
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    I felt defeated once I played domino with different combinations of champ. Then I read the tips for domino post and saw Mephisto shuts off her regen. My rank 3 4* did the trick! Did some revives and finally got her! The rest was fun. Yondu took care of invisible woman and taskmaster and sup supreme was fun with hulk. After domino it was pretty fun!
  • RoninMan said:

This is a fair challenge. End game players will not have trouble and mid tier can compete. Other than the Domino none of the contributors hurt the community here. The rewards are low but that is standard for this game. Nothing worth complaining about ... other than the Domino. The Domino is going to give some players a real problem if the do not have a Void.

Domino was easy with Cap. The real stupid fight was Sym Supreme. Double improved power gain, power reserve, and power start 2. Super fun....
    It's actually power start 1 and +150% power gain (+100% and another +50%) so SS starts with 2.5 bars of power. He was originally power start 1 and +200% power so he started with 3 bars of power and had spite for additional power gain but was reduced, because Lagacy doesn't hate us, he just dislikes us moderately.

[That's a joke: don't hate on Lagacy or any other boss rush content designer. Every designer spent significant time creating and testing these creations for no compensation beyond wanting to create something interesting for the players. It is not easy deciding how easy or hard to make content, and every designer had to use their own mental compass to guide them. Every fight was interesting in its own way, some just more difficult than others, reflecting the fact that the designers as a whole come from a wide range of MCOC players.]

I think that's somewhat of a chasing a tail idea. Someone somewhere will feel excluded. Sometimes you have to set a bar.

I am surprised that you were not asked to do a character. You are so very beloved by and helpful to all the forum users.
    There's really no need to take this Discussion there.
    Aside from the personal undertone, I could think of some ideas like Sinister with Masochism, Thorns, Unblockable, and Heal Block. ;)
    That was a joke by the way. That would be a horrible Fight. Lol.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Keep reading from the content creators that they were told they had to dumb down their ideas because they were too mean. Why is that? Would it really have been all that hard to release this with multiple difficulty levels for different levels of players in the game? Would have been easy to do really but for some reason they just chose not to.
    I suppose the idea was keeping it reasonably accessible but still challenging enough for the Rewards.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Got all the titles. Not bad.
  • DalBot said:

Keep reading from the content creators that they were told they had to dumb down their ideas because they were too mean. Why is that? Would it really have been all that hard to release this with multiple difficulty levels for different levels of players in the game? Would have been easy to do really but for some reason they just chose not to.

Content creators were not told to "dumb down" their ideas. They were given a basic outline of what Kabam was going for and were allowed to make up whatever they wanted, within reason (at least as far as I'm aware). They were then asked to test their creations, with the further note that the target difficulty Kabam intended was somewhere around players with fully developed 4* rosters. Given that target, many content creators told Kabam the content was far more difficult then they had anticipated or higher than that particular target, and were given some time to offer suggestions to alter their designs to conform with that target. Every creator interpreted those instructions in their own way. The content creators were not forced to make the content less difficult, they were voluntarily trying to be conscientious designers.

The "too mean" probably refers to my post. I originally suggested a particular combination that I thought would represent the upper limit of skill-based difficulty. I assumed most readers would understand this exchange between Kabam and myself was light-hearted and not intended to get me to "dumb down" my ideas. I knew the suggestion I was making was stratospheric in nature, it was just a point of reference to start the conversation.

As far as I can recall, Domino, Quake, and Symbiote Supreme were significantly modified after testing (downward). I think King Groot, Invisible Woman, and Taskmaster are the same or similar. The entire event wasn't nerfed down to a lower difficulty, such that there exists a complete higher difficulty version that was never released.
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    I may be a rookie and inexperienced. but it turns out that this maneuver left me perplexed. How spiderman drained 2 bars of power to the Supreme?
    https://youtu.be/odsmd72RO_s
  • SurtinSurtin Posts: 6
    No sure in anyone has tried using warlock but I use my 4* and after a few runs at domino, he actually works pretty well if you fight her correctly. Just need to keep the infection going so that she doesnt regen.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    sest22 said:

I may be a rookie and inexperienced. but it turns out that this maneuver left me perplexed. How spiderman drained 2 bars of power to the Supreme?
    https://youtu.be/odsmd72RO_s

Cap IW synergy
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

As far as I can recall, Domino, Quake, and Symbiote Supreme were significantly modified after testing (downward). I think King Groot, Invisible Woman, and Taskmaster are the same or similar. The entire event wasn't nerfed down to a lower difficulty, such that there exists a complete higher difficulty version that was never released.

In other words, it had to be dumbed down from what the original ideas were to make it more palatable for a specific targeted group of players. What you said is literally what I said with different phraseology.

If you have to modify something from it's original intended state in a downward manner, you're essentially dumbing it down. That's not an intellectual inference, although I can see how it could be construed that way.

My issue isn't with you guys (I genuinely appreciate your efforts in assisting to put it together), my issue is with Kabam for putting out content that appeals only to certain player bases while leaving the rest of us thirsty. There's no reason there couldn't have been epic, master, heroic and beginner difficulties for this other than the game crew not wanting to tier rewards for the different levels.
    Did I miss the answer on that? SS is supposed to start with 1 Bar, not 2. Am I missing something?
  • Did I miss the answer on that? SS is supposed to start with 1 Bar, not 2. Am I missing something?

SS also has two power gain nodes: +100% power gain and +50% power gain. Since these affect all power gain, that includes the power gained from power start 1. So SS gains 2.5 bars of power (one bar + 100% of that plus 50% more of that) at the start of the fight.