**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Community Choice Boss Rush Challenge 2

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Did I miss the answer on that? SS is supposed to start with 1 Bar, not 2. Am I missing something?

SS also has two power gain nodes: +100% power gain and +50% power gain. Since these affect all power gain, that includes the power gained from power start 1. So SS gains 2.5 bars of power (one bar + 100% of that plus 50% more of that) at the start of the fight.
    Ah, thanks. I suspected as much. Good Fight. Not one I want to do again at the moment, mind you. Perhaps if I think about it later and go in with a better counter. I picked your Title, BTW. :)

I'm happy either way. ;)
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 just a question for you or the other boss rush creators. Were you only allowed to use playable characters or could you have used the combo characters like ice Phoenix unstopable ant and punisher/strange or the loveable adaptoidswe kept as pets? Just curious how large of a pool you were given to choose from
    Jestress said:

700 Units or more using Revs on Mephisto to take down SS. Fun challenge, but I think I'll pass on the other Titles. Lol.

That fight is all about stun lock... specials cost 50% power so doge the first couple sp2 and fire a sp1 stun lock... gambit, sparky, etc
    I'll keep that in mind. Couldn't get him to Bait. I tried. He switched between allowing me to Parry and dodging with an Evade and L3 most of the time. It was brutal. Lol.
    GP was another thought I had. I wasn't quitting at the time.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Is there a legends time with this one? Took like 7 minutes. I liked it
  • Jestress said:

700 Units or more using Revs on Mephisto to take down SS. Fun challenge, but I think I'll pass on the other Titles. Lol.

That fight is all about stun lock... specials cost 50% power so doge the first couple sp2 and fire a sp1 stun lock... gambit, sparky, etc
    An option not everyone might have but is potentially even better is Vision. With high sig you can start the fight with one bar of power which means you do not need cooperation from the AI at the start of the fight. And you don't need to evade his SP2 which not everyone is good at. You can drain SS immediately, and then you just have to stay ahead of his power gain with your own drains, and not dex too much.
  • TurtleJamesTurtleJames Posts: 68
    Spiderman Stark is very good in this challenge against Quake, Invisible Woman, and SS.

For SS just evade his specials until you can L1 and then just repeat. You can also heavy to drain power, but I didn’t need to.

https://youtu.be/J9KUJcxyEro
  • IcemossieIcemossie Posts: 7
    Waiting on some more 4 star guides please
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Icemossie said:

Waiting on some more 4 star guides please

Sparky and Aa handle the hardest fights as 4*. Plenty do-able, will have to use some revs if you’re not highly skilled but it really isn’t that hard if you pick the right champs. No cash grab fights in there, Sym fight is a little rng’y (made up word) at the start but some decent matchups out there
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    What I liked about Rich, Dave’s, Kam/Star’s, and DNA’s matchups is that they allow you to think outside the box. Because of this, they don’t restrict you on using specific champions like Domino and Sym Supreme.

With Rich’s combination - you can essentially use any champion. He didn’t want you to blow by his King Groot using a strong Mystic champion, but you still can use a mystic champion if you desire.

Dave - you can use any champion as well. In fact, Spite can work in your favor to have Quake throw her special. Just play her like a stun immune champion.

DNA & Kam/Star - you can use any champion as well. In fact, the Kam/Star combo was a very fun treat to end the boss rush.

Domino & Supreme - not fun at all. These node combinations required specific champions, so instead of thinking outside the box - you’re forced to think inside the box. With Domino, you’re forced to use heal block/heal reversal, with the chance that these things can fail because of Domino’s ability. With Supreme, you can barely make a mistake so you have to cheese it with stun lock or have an OG Vision, which again doesn’t open the door for innovative thinking.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

What I liked about Rich, Dave’s, Kam/Star’s, and DNA’s matchups is that they allow you to think outside the box. Because of this, they don’t restrict you on using specific champions like Domino and Sym Supreme.

With Rich’s combination - you can essentially use any champion. He didn’t want you to blow by his King Groot using a strong Mystic champion, but you still can use a mystic champion if you desire.

Dave - you can use any champion as well. In fact, Spite can work in your favor to have Quake throw her special. Just play her like a stun immune champion.

DNA & Kam/Star - you can use any champion as well. In fact, the Kam/Star combo was a very fun treat to end the boss rush.

Domino & Supreme - not fun at all. These node combinations required specific champions, so instead of thinking outside the box - you’re forced to think inside the box. With Domino, you’re forced to use heal block/heal reversal, with the chance that these things can fail because of Domino’s ability. With Supreme, you can barely make a mistake so you have to cheese it with stun lock or have an OG Vision, which again doesn’t open the door for innovative thinking.

Domino does not require you to use heal block/reversal. You could also use any champs that either nullify the regen outright such as SS and hood, or you can use any champion that places a consistently large amount of buffs on the champion with the despair mastery.

With SS you can also bait sp2s, which for me he seemed to throw often, but he was pretty tough.
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    Who came up with translation of the titles? German translations are a catastrophe. Why on earth would somebody translate Dork (into Depp) which is a name that should not be translated. There the whole reference to the CC gets lost.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    ZoneX95 said:

This is nearly impossible for so many people.

And so easy for so many people. Not everyone are at same stage of their summoner path. I remember I couldn't beat Chloe quest back in the day and felt bad about it, but then just accepted the fact and moved on.

How in the world do I beat domino

Here's a list of champs that have effectively beaten Domino as 3*'s or higher that I've seen so far in chats -
    1. Void
    2. Archangel
    3. Sunspot
    4. Human Torch
    5. Mephisto
    6. Voodoo
    7. Proxima Midnight
    8. Beardo (Cap IW)
    9. Guillotine
    10. Mysterio
    11. Sym Supreme
    Void is one of the best options being incinerate immune. Same goes for Sunspot. Archangel can shut down and reverse her regen and is immune to AAR, as is Mysterio (he's a designed counter for her). Mephisto will shut down her regen in the beginning with Soul Imprisonment, making the rest of the fight easy, and Voodoo can constantly eat her regen with his L1.

Proxima can complete three missions and then solo her with an L3 (this has been done with both a 3* and 4*), Beardo can land petrifies if you bring a tech champ and then get some solid damage off. Sym can nullify her healing and cause bleed (but be careful of the power gain), and Guilly, if you get lucky, can reverse her regen.

There you go. From the person who helped to design the fight, and has been watching Line chats all day, there is a set list of counters and what to do for each of them.
    How is Mysterio a designed counter if Tech champs receive damage and -100% ability accuracy?
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    KoperBoy said:

Here's a list of champs that have effectively beaten Domino as 3*'s or higher that I've seen so far in chats -
    1. Void
    2. Archangel
    3. Sunspot
    4. Human Torch
    5. Mephisto
    6. Voodoo
    7. Proxima Midnight
    8. Beardo (Cap IW)
    9. Guillotine
    10. Mysterio
    11. Sym Supreme
    Void is one of the best options being incinerate immune. Same goes for Sunspot. Archangel can shut down and reverse her regen and is immune to AAR, as is Mysterio (he's a designed counter for her). Mephisto will shut down her regen in the beginning with Soul Imprisonment, making the rest of the fight easy, and Voodoo can constantly eat her regen with his L1.

Proxima can complete three missions and then solo her with an L3 (this has been done with both a 3* and 4*), Beardo can land petrifies if you bring a tech champ and then get some solid damage off. Sym can nullify her healing and cause bleed (but be careful of the power gain), and Guilly, if you get lucky, can reverse her regen.

There you go. From the person who helped to design the fight, and has been watching Line chats all day, there is a set list of counters and what to do for each of them.
    How is Mysterio a designed counter if Tech champs receive damage and -100% ability accuracy?
    It’s only 4K damage and he’s immune to AAR

KoperBoy said:

1. Void
    2. Archangel
    3. Sunspot
    4. Human Torch
    5. Mephisto
    6. Voodoo
    7. Proxima Midnight
    8. Beardo (Cap IW)
    9. Guillotine
    10. Mysterio
    11. Sym Supreme

It’s only 4K damage and he’s immune to AAR
    Thanks, just realized that.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    KoperBoy said:

Great question!

Mysterio isn't impacted by AAR (like Archangel) - so he actually goes into this fight with the health loss and nothing else. If you're willing to take that health loss hit (and a higher ranked Mysterio can no problem), it's a relatively easy fight for him with his heal blocking abilities and his ability to more or less shut Domino down entirely.

Brian Grant used Mysterio to great success in his stream yesterday if you're looking for a video. :smiley:
  • Geoqui21Geoqui21 Posts: 55
    edited September 2019
    DRTO said:

How in the Kabam miike are you supposed to fight that sym supreme?

Gamer said:

Rotelly said:

can you also get shard from each run?

The Shards can only be awarded once.
    How is it fair that sym figth star with 2 and half bar of pover

Stark Spidey, Void, and Doc Ock are the three champs that come to mind who can beat the Sym Supreme. Personally I used Sparky, stun locked with the sp1

I one shot SS with blade with dormamu synergy. Just have to be smart on who to bring for the fight, can’t just take anybody in. This rush was more about using knowledge on how to fight specific champions, rather than just muscling through. Any questions I’ll be glad to help anyone complete it. You can message me through here or in game if you’d like (Geoqui21). Hope everyone can complete it :)
  • Soulman300Soulman300 Posts: 4
    Chen said:

Why is everyone complaining about the rewards? 5-10 minutes of your time and a 5* crystal. Seems like a better reward compared to the time consumed.

If you hadn’t noticed good sir, the majority of the player base doesn’t have max 5 star champs to blow through this content with little to no problem. So for many this will cost revives, potions, and maybe some units to complete. And after all those resources spent, there is a high chance that they will receive trash from the 10,000 shard crystal

• Geoqui21Geoqui21 Posts: 55

Chen said:

Why is everyone complaining about the rewards? 5-10 minutes of your time and a 5* crystal. Seems like a better reward compared to the time consumed.

If you hadn’t noticed good sir, the majority of the player base doesn’t have max 5 star champs to blow through this content with little to no problem. So for many this will cost revives, potions, and maybe some units to complete. And after all those resources spent, there is a high chance that they will receive trash from the 10,000 shard crystal

I understand completely, but if it’s going to cost more to get through (meaning revives/potions/units) then don’t do it🤔🤷🏽‍♂️ There’s a balance between spending too much for content and the rewards. The rewards are not worth it unless you can complete it with only a couple revives and health potions. Not every content is for all, some content is for older accounts. We all need a little fun🙃
    I used R4 5*s and one R3 5* (AA). You don't need Max 5*s. I had a really hard time with SS, but I also wanted to push through it instead of quit and look at my Roster. Aside from that, it was a fair challenge. Domino took a few tries to get proper RNG, but it was easy enough at the beginning.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    Siliyo said:

I disagree. Did domino with a 4* AA. Did SS with a 4* dormammu. Once you get one sp2 off dormammu beats him down.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I can reassure you if you struggled at all with the Boss challenge it is strictly a roster issue. I did it in 10 minutes on my work break. I did lose a fight and it was surprisingly quake lol. So don't fret, I would just ask Kabam to have two separate difficulties next time so all parties can be satisfied.
    .....IF you can get him to Bait. No luck on my end. AI either held Block or used Intercept. Lol. I still agree with the sentiment.