**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Boss Rush Domino Rant

Comments

• DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

I agree 100%. I won't be able to do this event and I can 100% the UC quest every month. It would have been ok if it wasn't domino. If they changed the champion. Domino is way too hard. Of course it's easier if you have champions that boostes have the same pi as her, but if the best champ you have is a 5* r4 ghost you're screwed.

She is designed as a Ghost counter, so yes, anyone with only a ranked Ghost will have a difficult time. But it's far from a champion specific event when every time I look I have additional champions being added to the counter list - like Venom, for example. Loki is being tested now.

Arguably, there are more counters for her than there are for the Sym Supreme fight.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    @Aria_Lerendeair ,

thank you for taking the time to reply and contribute to this thread, much appreciated.

Now, on to your points. As I started my post, this is "typical Kabam fashion" in the sense that, certainly yes, the game is full of champ-specific material. I never stated that this is the only material of this kind, so we certainly agree on that.

Second, from the moment that you do feel the need to participate in the public forum and post a list of champions that are appropriate to counter Domino, well in my eyes, this is the very definition of " champ-specific material".

And third, you do understand that the game's best heal-blockers come actually from the Tech class, which is the very same class which is wiped out by the specific node, right?
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

@Aria_Lerendeair ,

thank you for taking the time to reply and contribute to this thread, much appreciated.

Now, on to your points. As I started my post, this is "typical Kabam fashion" in the sense that, certainly yes, the game is full of champ-specific material. I never stated that this is the only material of this kind, so we certainly agree on that.

Second, from the moment that you do feel the need to participate in the public forum and post a list of champions that are appropriate to counter Domino, well in my eyes, this is the very definition of " champ-specific material".

And third, you do understand that the game's best heal-blockers come actually from the Tech class, which is the very same class which is wiped out by the specific node, right?

Best heal block is reversal...Void and Guillotine. Or AA, whose shutdown mechanic also deals crazy damage. Looms to me that you need to think outside the box.

BTW: Even 3* could do it. If you don't even have those, then you shouldn't even be going for this.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    https://youtu.be/X7pEV_P8dVU

Took a few mins to do this video. 3* Void. Easy kill.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Marri_2 said:

Best heal block is reversal...Void and Guillotine. Or AA, whose shutdown mechanic also deals crazy damage. Looms to me that you need to think outside the box.

BTW: Even 3* could do it. If you don't even have those, then you shouldn't even be going for this.

Void, I have as 5* R2 and unduped. I haven't tested him, but I very much doubt he would do it.

Guillotine would never do it, because at the right time she would get unlucky. No evidence has been provided so far that anyone did it with Guilly.

AA does work and I managed to get her down to 50% with a test run.

But the issue of the thread is NOT about me and my roster. It is about the content, the difficulty in hand and their relation to the rewards. Do you find this relation to be satisfactory?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

I used
    Domino - Invisible Woman, Taskmaster went down like he was a 4*
    Void - Melted domino
    Nick Fury - Quake, SS
    Sym Supreme - KG was dead in no time
    Ghost - useless 😂 didnt think her through, probably would have brought KM or venom for the extra attack in hindsight

Ghost pretty much settles Quake and Taskmaster.

Isn't Quake debuff immune? How did you get her down with NF and SS? Not to mention the Fury (NF) and Buffs (SS) that will trigger Spite for that fight?
  • Carme1974Carme1974 Posts: 231
    Caino1023 said:

Riot1234 said:

I think its pretty obvious to all the players of this game that Domino who is the second opponent in this months Boss Rush is substantially over-tuned in comparison to the other fights
    in MY opinion, the others are a fair fight and give a fair amount of competition for the amount of rewards (I really liked the invisible Woman fight in particular).
    Don't get me wrong. I think that the rest of the Boss Rush is amazing but this fight in particular made me very mad (I used my 6* Domino and just used SP3s and heavy hoping for a crit bleed and even after i got her down to 5 percent, i got some bad RNG and i got evaded so many times and before you knew it she was back at 50%)
    I really think this fight punishes people who dont have a Void, Mephisto, Dr Voodoo, etc and just serves as an unnecessary pain for those people.
    I urge KABAM to take this nerf into consideration

Have to disagree. I know it's difficult - but it's doable. I just became uncollected recently, and did the whole boss rush with 4*'s and one 5*. I used a small handful of revives, but it's definitely doable.

I see three things here:

1. It's not unreasonable to think that players should have a roster that can heal block and kill the Domino. My duped 4* Archangel did it fairly easily. How many times are people trying this before coming to the forums to complain? It's only day 1...
    2. Who is to say that this event SHOULD be for everyone? How do you keep the top players engaged? how do you put out something that's challenging that even the elite get wrecked on their first couple tries, that keeps them interested and working to get better?
    3. The reward is a guaranteed 5*... if you wanted to straight up buy 10k 5* shards from the shop, you'd be spending thousands of units. The average player should be able to save up a couple hundred units for revives and potions and go to town.
    I agree. be calm and look at 4* champs which are no longer used.
    Void or AA for Domino
    Vision for Symbiot
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

Marri_2 said:

Void, I have as 5* R2 and unduped. I haven't tested him, but I very much doubt he would do it.

Guillotine would never do it, because at the right time she would get unlucky. No evidence has been provided so far that anyone did it with Guilly.

AA does work and I managed to get her down to 50% with a test run.

But the issue of the thread is NOT about me and my roster. It is about the content, the difficulty in hand and their relation to the rewards. Do you find this relation to be satisfactory?
    I actually do. They made it so that all fights have several counters and some fights can be done with 3*. I don't see how this is limiting summoners that this challenge is targeting. The only limit is self imposed: Lack of knowledge, creative thinking and skill. Again, if you don't have any Domino counter even as a 3*, you shouldn't even be trying it.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    She’s unduped. What more can you ask for? Easy fight with void
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    Did this make it into this thread? Because it will be fairly helpful.

Dr. Zola
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    If you are goingto rbing an RNG based champ to counter this fight you need to play it better than just smashing sp3s, you need to make sure you are launching sp2 and 3s when you are lucky, or better yet dont expect a non counter to counter it.
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98

Riot1234 said:

Domino is one of the easiest fights in the challenge. She’s unawakened and can reliably be parried. Give some space and let her run into you to parry.

https://youtu.be/IS1vzpGiX3Y

not all of us have a rank 4 awakened AA mate lol :smiley:
    Right....

“Omg this fight is so easy I just brought one of the best counters to the fight”

I hate posts like that.
    You guys are too much... Here is me going up to SS with only 4*’s. I messed up on SS, but it’s doable.

https://youtu.be/xoDmrBIbkrE

Let me guess what the response will be: Well look at Mr. Monopoly here with his maxed 4*’s. Not everyone has 4’s.

OK here’s me with 3*’s....Just kidding. 3* AA takes forever to beat Domino. Don’t try it.

About 2 minutes not the worst
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited September 2019

@Aria_Lerendeair ,

https://youtu.be/90hjXjXkzFs

All you need is CapIW's awakened ability, a Tech, Science and Cosmic champion synergy and the Despair Mastery. Very champ-specific fight indeed 😂.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Addyos said:

@Aria_Lerendeair ,

https://youtu.be/90hjXjXkzFs

All you need is CapIW's awakened ability, a Tech, Science and Cosmic champion synergy and the Despair Mastery. Very champ-specific fight indeed 😂.
    Dang, beat me to it. Was just coming to post this.
  • With no critical failure damage you could do this with a 3* Void or Cap easily.
    Evade domino for a minute with Void, parry and dash back with Cap.

The fact that they’re 20-30k PI champs suggests it’s not meant to be a cake walk.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    She's one of the easiest champs in the game to intercept on her medium dash. You dont even have to take any block damage unless you're unlucky when she throws a special
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Did this make it into this thread? Because it will be fairly helpful.

Dr. Zola

Sincerest apologies to whomever disagreed with my post. I know—it’s only 11 different ways to get past Domino. I’m sure @Aria_Lerendeair can do better next time and hit an even dozen solutions.

Dr. Zola
    How about I make it a Baker's Dozen? (Plus one, because I just got confirm of another.)

12. Warlock - Solid intercepts and a great counter, never unlucky
    13. Venom - Om nom that regen buff!
    14. Hyperion w/ Max Despair
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    At first I thought Domino would be the scary encounter. Then I saw she was unawakened. I laughed and just heavy spammed with AA until she died from Neuros.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

just use void or mephisto 4*. for me was harder invisible women, i fought here just few times, did not used yet tot her sps and invisible phases

I tried my 5* r3 Mephisto ... kept getting 1 shot within first 10 seconds of the fight every time ... *shrug*

Also tried my 4* R5 cpt Beardo ... (full team was: Ghost, Wasp, Hood, Ronan, Cpt Beardo), so I had the cosmic+tech+science for the petrify heal reverse cheese.

But every time I parried her, she just retreated into the corner and waited until the debuffs wore off ..
    couldn't get her below 95% over a 10 min fight .. *shrug*

Just not having any luck .. so guess I skip out on this one .. :) hehe
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

If you cant beat a domino without her sig ability it has nothing to do with how the fight is tuned and everything to do with you not being proficient enough at fighting domino

I gotta agree, Domino has always been my personal nemesis .. I just can't figure out her pacing/rythym, anything ... *shrug*
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/8xoxwOVBO90

This is a 3* not even max rank capiw doing the fight. Not the cleanest I know but sorry its 90 degrees and almost 90% humidity outside and I dont get cell service inside at work. It's not an ideal team for the whole challenge but I just plugged cap into a quest team I was messing with elsewhere. Main priority would be a tech champ and possibly science for the weakness as a buffer. You run ghost and wasp so there you go. Yes I have despair mastery but you cant discount that as bad fight design bc YOU haven't invested in that mastery yet.

Its absolutely a manageable fight for those without even a greatly vast roster of r4/r5 5*s.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I find it funny that some ppl are saying they can do it with a 3* champ so everyone should be able to. If ppl havent been playing long enough to get any counters above a 3* champ i highly doubt most of them have the skills to beat her with her abilities this fight. U would have to play a perfect match cuz a 3* would be dead if u got hit with a combo