**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What should happen now that kabam slipped up a little

Comments

• jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215 β˜…
    Nothing at all
    Personally give everyone the 20k total then after that each run gets 2k shards to make it actually worth doing 6 times for titles that aren’t even bright blue πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Nothing at all
    Wow I just realized the brutal typos on my last post, but yeah I'm good whichever way they go. Woulda been cool to go for those extra shards but I'm still on run one ha.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Take back the shards

I don't know what age everyone is, but there's something I just cannot get over. This game (like most games) is very much like real-life gambling. Some people bet the minimum and win 10x the amount of those who bet the maximum. It's the luck of the draw in more ways than one.

In the case of this 'glitched' 10,000 shards, is it really THAT big of a deal? It's come to the point where ANY instance where someone has an advantage over another, there is a slew of posts asking for 'compensation', 'punishment', 'reparations'. Like is this what it's come to in this game, where players will do WHATEVER it takes to overcome another just because THEY, in turn, didn't take 'advantage' of something so minute?

Its a competitive game and people want to play on a fair ground and people have invested time and money into it. Dont see how asking politely to handle this bug "is doing whatever it takes."
  • The simplest solution I can think of is to simply wait to the end of the event, and then datamine how many people have more than one title and only got 10k shards once. All those players get an additional 10k shards. That way everyone that did the event two or more times gets 20k, everyone who did it once gets their 10k, and everyone who doesn't do it at all is unaffected.

This addresses a subtle problem, and that is some players ran it six times on the first day. Those players would need to run it an additional time to get the second set of 10k shards if it is given as a bonus day. But if they were aware you'd be able to get more shards by running it on a successive day, it is more likely they would have saved a run for a future day. Bonus days force people who ran it six times on day one to run it an additional seventh time on the bonus day.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    They should fix it and then do nothing, if you run it twice good luck if only once then too bad. This is no different than all the times people got multiple SA, AQ, AW rewards and kabam did nothing.
  • LegionnaireLegionnaire Posts: 47 β˜…
    Something else
    DNA3000 said:

The simplest solution I can think of is to simply wait to the end of the event, and then datamine how many people have more than one title and only got 10k shards once. All those players get an additional 10k shards. That way everyone that did the event two or more times gets 20k, everyone who did it once gets their 10k, and everyone who doesn't do it at all is unaffected.

This addresses a subtle problem, and that is some players ran it six times on the first day. Those players would need to run it an additional time to get the second set of 10k shards if it is given as a bonus day. But if they were aware you'd be able to get more shards by running it on a successive day, it is more likely they would have saved a run for a future day. Bonus days force people who ran it six times on day one to run it an additional seventh time on the bonus day.

Yes, but they need to announce this as an option. Otherwise some people may be content with one title and not run it again, but would for 10K more shards.
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158 β˜…
    edited September 2019
    Something else
    Leave both events open in both spots. If you finish both you get 20k. Itll be a nightmare to recover all items used in quest, dollars spent, rank up material, champ removal.

That said it will probably be nothing. Lifes not fair and move on.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If it matters to anyone I got OG Spidey yesterday and IP today. They can take back both. Wouldn't miss either of them.
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 β˜…β˜…
    Something else
    Simple - they should let er'body be able to run it twice for rewards - and the rest of the times for titles.

I have people in my ally that ran it for the second time and got the additional 10k shards on top of what they got for running it yesterday.

Let er'body that did get the double rewards keep it ~ take some time to extrapolate that data .. on the last 2 days of the event, open up that running the event again will give the additional 10k shards ~ with er'body that had already received the second rewards being excluded from being able to do that end run for shards.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 β˜…β˜…
    Compensation?? For what? Stop acting like a cry baby
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nothing at all
    Nothing at all. Not like we got them for free. Had to beat the content and use potions or revives or boosts in some cases (mine).

People always wanting something for nothing. Smh.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nothing at all
    I have only ran it once because i knew we werent supposed to get the shards more than that. I could easily run it again for the shards but i dont think its fair to reward ppl that went ahead and did it knowing it was a mistake and letting them keep the extra shards without letting others have a chance to earn them also. In a way this would penalize ppl for doing the right thing if they allow ppl to keep the extra rewards without letting everyone run it twice. Say whatever u want about me but i know running it again wouldnt be right unless kabam says its open for everyone. Either everyone should get to run it twice or they take back the champs/shards from the ppl that knowingly abused the system.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nothing at all
    Masterdux said:

10,000 shards for everyone who already beat the challenge.
    20,000 shards for everyone who hasn't.
    Nothing for those who took advantage of the extra 10,000 shards.
    It's pretty simple actually.

20,000 shards for people who haven’t done the event at all? What??? Why? So my alternate account who didn’t attempt this will log in and get 20,000 shards for doing absolutely nothing? Lol. What an idea!
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nothing at all
    Why do people care? Win some lose some. RNG pit anyway
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nothing at all

Get it done or miss out. Truth 😁
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Something else
    Love the post at the bottom from @LeNoirFaineant..but I tend to agree with him so nothing new.

Dr. Zola
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Something else
    Think Kabam should not waste their time trying to fix it and just let everyone get 20k shards. They have enough bugs to fix that hurt the customer base already.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Where’s the option for players shouldn’t waste their time thinking about it?

Best suggestion I heard was leave as is and increase the rewards to 20k for people who haven’t completed it yet.

That's actually a great idea! After all, it evens the playing field
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    X_Scott said:

Where’s the option for players shouldn’t waste their time thinking about it?

Best suggestion I heard was leave as is and increase the rewards to 20k for people who haven’t completed it yet.

That's actually a great idea! After all, it evens the playing field
    This does not even the playing field, that means some got more rewards for less work.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2019
    Just let everyone have the chance to run it twice for rewards. I got the extra shards without realizing it earlier becaus I was going for my second title. I didn't even realize I was in the wrong section when I went in. I'm not using the shards yet in case they decide they are going to take them back, but I'm sure there are plenty who, like me, didnt do the run again with the intent of taking advantage of a glitch, but rather because we are trying to just get other titles from it. When I got the additional shards, that's when I came here and realized what has been happening. But it seems to be a lot of hubbub overt a simple solution. Like someone else reckoned, reopen it in the other location, keep both, and let each one award 10k shards. Those that want to put the extra effort in and run it for the shards can.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Nothing at all
    Add it another 5 times so everyone gets 60k and all the titles
This discussion has been closed.