**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Boss Rush Duplicate Rewards

I'm seeing screenshots saying the rewards won't be altered. I can't find the post even with the laughable search feature.

If you let people who received twice the rewards keep two five stars, how is that fair to people who didn't do the boss rush early?

I wanted to wait until I had free time. I was in the middle of doing it today and I noticed the move. Then everyone in every line chat was excited saying do it again for free rewards.

I know there's a history of extra rewards being exploited, such as one path of uncollected giving 100% rewards over and over. These "egregious" uses of exploiting a glitch resulted in bans and account reversals.

Because I'm a nice guy and I'm obedient to the kabam overlords, I avoided collecting double rewards.

Now you say it's okay. Its not okay. Its unfair and unbalanced.

So I guess those of you who went for it, enjoy your extra five star. Those of us who avoided the situation so we don't get banned, guess we miss out.

Comments

• How many times can we keep doing boss rush and getting rewards I got it for the second day in a row now
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    Pretty sure it was only meant to be once but I don’t think you can do it more then twice a friend of mine has done it three times and been rewarded twice
  • Yea I did it twice and got rewards both time once yesterday and it reset today so I did it again
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

Yea I did it twice and got rewards both time once yesterday and it reset today so I did it again

So you got 30k shards?
  • No I got 20k
  • It is supposed to be one time for the shards and multiple for the titles, but there was a bug that occurred resetting the challenge so allowing people who already ran it to run again and get another 10k
  • Hmmm
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This guy, hey how about Kabam give us all the crystals you charged back?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Carloni84 said:

In fairness easier to just give those who havent beat it a 5* crystal and a chance to beat it for the rewards and people who beat it once give them a 5* crystal and close out the rewards for the quest and the people who did get 2 let them keep it that will keep it fair for most I didn't have time and aw took some of my champs so I'm a little depressed that I work and miss out on these glitches and pay quite a bit to try to get a jump on newer champs.

I disagree with giving everyone a free crystal if they haven't done it yet. The correct fair way to do it would be to allow everyone to run it a second time. If you put in the effort to beat it twice you get the reward. Giving everyone who hasn't run it yet is just a handout
  • AznkerbzAznkerbz Posts: 113
    wookeh said:

I'm seeing screenshots saying the rewards won't be altered. I can't find the post even with the laughable search feature.

If you let people who received twice the rewards keep two five stars, how is that fair to people who didn't do the boss rush early?

I wanted to wait until I had free time. I was in the middle of doing it today and I noticed the move. Then everyone in every line chat was excited saying do it again for free rewards.

I know there's a history of extra rewards being exploited, such as one path of uncollected giving 100% rewards over and over. These "egregious" uses of exploiting a glitch resulted in bans and account reversals.

Because I'm a nice guy and I'm obedient to the kabam overlords, I avoided collecting double rewards.

So I guess those of you who went for it, enjoy your extra five star. Those of us who avoided the situation so we don't get banned, guess we miss out.

Lol, banned? It's like getting banned for using She-Hulk or Cull Obsidian when they were bugged. It's Kabam's fault, I'll enjoy my free crystal for smashing the boss fights 7 times.
  • wookeh said:

Most likely the reason they aren't considering removing rewards is because they are considering ways to give everyone the same two shots at the rewards.

Not everyone who got double rewards explicitly attempted to exploit a bug. You'd have to be aware the bug existed and not everyone did. I ran it first thing this morning (the daily reset happens 7am local time for me) to finish getting all the titles and noticed the 10k reward pop up. I figured it was a glitch so I checked my inventory and realized the rewards were real. I took a guess it was a daily reset and did my last two runs, neither of which generated rewards. At that point I was pretty sure I knew what the bug was, but by the time I got to the forums it was common knowledge.

I'd be perfectly fine returning the shards in the interest of fairness, but for those that might have opened crystals it would be problematic to revoke the rewards. And since there are legitimate reasons to rerun the content (players are encouraged to do so to collect the titles) you can't infer malicious intent from the players rerunning the content. The only time bans are appropriate to consider is if you know that players were both aware the rewards were being awarded due to a bug and they went out of their way to exploit that bug for those rewards. In this case I don't think you can assume that for all players, and there's no way to tell which are which. Given that, the better remedy seems to me to give everyone the same two shots at the rewards that the bug temporarily exposed.
  • AznkerbzAznkerbz Posts: 113
    TBAG4DAYS said:

I find it funny that when something that benefits people happens there’s always someone who wants to share it on the forums and spoil it 🤦‍♂️

it's the typical "I want to be heard because no one listens to me in real life" syndrome.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    wookeh said:

How do you determine who went for the extra, and who was just running it again? It's designed for extra passes for the Title. Is it fair? Not in the definition of the sense. Doesn't bother me personally. Some got an extra 5*. Not going to affect me or my progress.

If it happened to you, you'd campaign on every single post within 24 hours to get your agenda known.

When uncollected EQ rewards were bugged, kabam took the time to see who abused it and those who were just exploring the quest.

You are on the forums enough to remember this and you've seen people get banned for double rewards and you've seen accounts reversed.

Stop trying to derail every thread on this forum. Please
    No one abused it. It was supposed to be run more than once.
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★

This guy, hey how about Kabam give us all the crystals you charged back?

My man, I laughed that you remembered. I was punished for that btw. Missed out on all the gifting and alliance rewards due to my ban.

I can admit that I deserved it. That's why I'm careful. That's why I am here asking questions. I'm trying to be respectful and honest.
    Dshu said:

Carloni84 said:

In fairness easier to just give those who havent beat it a 5* crystal and a chance to beat it for the rewards and people who beat it once give them a 5* crystal and close out the rewards for the quest and the people who did get 2 let them keep it that will keep it fair for most I didn't have time and aw took some of my champs so I'm a little depressed that I work and miss out on these glitches and pay quite a bit to try to get a jump on newer champs.

I disagree with giving everyone a free crystal if they haven't done it yet. The correct fair way to do it would be to allow everyone to run it a second time. If you put in the effort to beat it twice you get the reward. Giving everyone who hasn't run it yet is just a handout
    100% agree with you. Just let everyone earn the same rewards and confirm publicly that it's okay to do so.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    wookeh said:

How do you determine who went for the extra, and who was just running it again? It's designed for extra passes for the Title. Is it fair? Not in the definition of the sense. Doesn't bother me personally. Some got an extra 5*. Not going to affect me or my progress.

If it happened to you, you'd campaign on every single post within 24 hours to get your agenda known.

When uncollected EQ rewards were bugged, kabam took the time to see who abused it and those who were just exploring the quest.

You are on the forums enough to remember this and you've seen people get banned for double rewards and you've seen accounts reversed.

Happened to me? Nothing happened to me, or you, or anyone else here. Some people got an extra Crystal because of a server hiccup.
    People were banned for exploiting Rewards in egregious cases where they farmed Resources. Some people might have been aware of it in this case, some may not. This occurred by normal game play standards. Not exploiting it.
    I'm not derailing anything, and I've had a pretty hard and fast view on cheating. This ain't it.
    DNA3000 said:

wookeh said:

Most likely the reason they aren't considering removing rewards is because they are considering ways to give everyone the same two shots at the rewards.

Not everyone who got double rewards explicitly attempted to exploit a bug. You'd have to be aware the bug existed and not everyone did. I ran it first thing this morning (the daily reset happens 7am local time for me) to finish getting all the titles and noticed the 10k reward pop up. I figured it was a glitch so I checked my inventory and realized the rewards were real. I took a guess it was a daily reset and did my last two runs, neither of which generated rewards. At that point I was pretty sure I knew what the bug was, but by the time I got to the forums it was common knowledge.

I'd be perfectly fine returning the shards in the interest of fairness, but for those that might have opened crystals it would be problematic to revoke the rewards. And since there are legitimate reasons to rerun the content (players are encouraged to do so to collect the titles) you can't infer malicious intent from the players rerunning the content. The only time bans are appropriate to consider is if you know that players were both aware the rewards were being awarded due to a bug and they went out of their way to exploit that bug for those rewards. In this case I don't think you can assume that for all players, and there's no way to tell which are which. Given that, the better remedy seems to me to give everyone the same two shots at the rewards that the bug temporarily exposed.
    I'm with you on that. Always respected your opinion. And congrats on getting in on community choice boss rush.

I'm not trying to get everyone banned or trying to collapse the system. I just want more openness and confirmation. I sat on this too long to take advantage of it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    wookeh said:

The EQ thing was completely different and you know it. Eq was always meant to give rewards once. Those that did it, knew it was an exploit. This boss rush gives a chance to get multiple titles so it can be run multiple times.

They have have Drax back that I pulled with my 2nd 10k shards. I just wanted the title.
  • wookeh said:

If it's any consolation. I got colossus from a featured the second run. 🤦🏽‍♂️
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    Yea they said they punish people who knowingly use an exploit knowing it’s obvious that wasn’t the intent and then straight F the people who did the right thing..

There’s no way kabam will just F over all the people who did the right thing? Right?
This discussion has been closed.