**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Community Choice Boss Rush Challenge 2

Comments

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

DRTO said:

How in the Kabam miike are you supposed to fight that sym supreme?

I didn't use a power control champ. Took off a lot of health with a 4/55 AA (brought him for Domino) and finished him off with CAIW. If you are aggressive he doesn't throw the SP3 immediately.
    This is true - got him down with Aegon using 3 combos when he had his sp3..just went in hard!

Still I do agree with the idea a special boss rush crystal (maybe with the defenders in the Boss Rush and yes that includes KR and TM) might've been nicer (or more special) than just plain old shards, no matter how many they were.
  • Why can't I find the challenge in my account?
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Its been moved to the daily events.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★

KoperBoy said:

How is Mysterio a designed counter if Tech champs receive damage and -100% ability accuracy?

Great question!

Mysterio isn't impacted by AAR (like Archangel) - so he actually goes into this fight with the health loss and nothing else. If you're willing to take that health loss hit (and a higher ranked Mysterio can no problem), it's a relatively easy fight for him with his heal blocking abilities and his ability to more or less shut Domino down entirely.

Brian Grant used Mysterio to great success in his stream yesterday if you're looking for a video. :smiley:
    Thanks for the reply. It's actually a dumb question because I forgot about his AAR immunity :)
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★

Chen said:

Why is everyone complaining about the rewards? 5-10 minutes of your time and a 5* crystal. Seems like a better reward compared to the time consumed.

If you hadn’t noticed good sir, the majority of the player base doesn’t have max 5 star champs to blow through this content with little to no problem. So for many this will cost revives, potions, and maybe some units to complete. And after all those resources spent, there is a high chance that they will receive trash from the 10,000 shard crystal

Let's say they spend 500 units to finish it. If an offer of 10k 5* shards came by for 500 units, would you buy it? (it's a rhetorical question :smile: )
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Thanks!

• @Kabam Miike invisible woman is bugged she gains bars of power while you are stuck at 1 bar constantly

I finally got a chance to test this fight very carefully, deliberately manipulating exhaustion while pushing power. It seems my initial testing simply had too much exhaustion, and when I test while trying to get odd stacks of exhaustion I do in fact get fractions of a bar of power. So it seems that the encounter is working correctly: if you get no power at all it is probably because you have four or more exhaustion stacks. If you're going to zerg the fight, you'll need to zerg it without specials.
  • Chen said:

Why is everyone complaining about the rewards? 5-10 minutes of your time and a 5* crystal. Seems like a better reward compared to the time consumed.

If you hadn’t noticed good sir, the majority of the player base doesn’t have max 5 star champs to blow through this content with little to no problem. So for many this will cost revives, potions, and maybe some units to complete. And after all those resources spent, there is a high chance that they will receive trash from the 10,000 shard crystal

If you think the reward is trash, you shouldn't be spending all those potions, revives, and units on it.

In fact, no one should be spending anything on it yet at all (unless they really want to), because it is only day two. The energy costs are so trivial that anyone having trouble with it should be exiting and trying again for the practice.

I'm a B+ player with an A- roster, and if I die on either Domino or Quake (which I do sometimes) I just exit and start over. The only fight I've spent anything on is SS: if I get to him and I screw up with Vision and then I screw up again with Sparky (my two options for that fight) I'll pop a revive and try again, because I know that's a finite situation: either of those champs will get him down pretty quickly. Once I popped a revive on Taskmaster because I had a particularly difficult run that left my Void with 1k health, my Blade with 2k health, and everyone else dead, so I kind of had to.

But if I'm having a bad run, I write it off as a bad run and just try again. I have two weeks to do six runs. Well, had: I finished run six this morning.
  • Why can @Kabam Miike just let us get the 10 for each title for the boss rush under the 'Summoner Appreciation'. That could show some real appreciation for how much time and money we all have put in the game.
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    Just use stark evade one L2 5 combo parry heavy attack then spam the L1 it’s power reserve and all you have to do is double medium the full combo then L1 and you’ll slap him all over easy done
  • I got rewards today again how many days can we get the rewards all 14
  • I got rewards today again how many days can we get the rewards all 14

It will be awesome if it resets daily, but since its on the daily quest then it should be

• It’s weird I wish they would let us know
  • I just gotta say, it was a fun little quest. Once I figured domino out it wasnt so bad. However, I haven't been on today, so I will be really bummed if certain folks get that extra 10k shards and I'm left hanging. Seems pretty unfair that they were able to exploit a mistake for a free 5 star champion and others aren't.
  • Rotelly said:

can you also get shard from each run?

The Shards can only be awarded once.
    And the people who got 2 times then it was a mistake? I'm missing a couple of titles but I don't want to play until they confirm. So he avoided getting double rewards and being penalized, if this is a mistake. Can we get an answer?
    I'm pretty sure the reward reset is a bug, and I'm pretty sure it is safe to run regardless. I'm not sure what Kabam is going to do about the reset, but I'm reasonably sure no one is going to get penalized for running it today, in the sense of being punished for exploiting a bug.

I ran it a few times this morning, and I triggered the reward reset bug. It was an unavoidable problem in the player's part, and no one gets punished for unavoidably running into game bugs that involve rewards. Also, it is unrepeatable: you can't "farm" the map for 10k shards over and over again regardless.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

I just gotta say, it was a fun little quest. Once I figured domino out it wasnt so bad. However, I haven't been on today, so I will be really bummed if certain folks get that extra 10k shards and I'm left hanging. Seems pretty unfair that they were able to exploit a mistake for a free 5 star champion and others aren't.

It’s not an exploit. Some people are still working to get all the titles and happened to get the shards in the process. I don’t think it’s fair to say people exploited it. It’s not like people ran it 10 times to keep getting shards.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    But in all fairness, everyone should get a chance at the extra 10,000 shards. Kabam said themselves that people who get refunds imbalance the game, so they put measures in to counteract that.
  • 573739 said:

LoL lagacy is a bum. SS with power start 2 increased power generation and 50% power usage. Sadly there is really no champ right out the box that has power lock/control (except Sesm).

OG Vision with enough sig gets one bar of power immediately at the start of the fight and thus an immediate power drain. CapIW with max sig can land a guaranteed petrify with tech team and parry, which can slow and stop SS from getting to SP3 if you're aggressive enough.
    573739 said:

I could make a champ boss fight that’s more interesting then these

How bout sinister with power 1 start and debuff immune with increased regen and 1% regen? 😂

It is not easy to design something and be judged by the players. It is easy to make content you think is great, and it isn't that much harder to make content your immediate circle of acquaintances thinks is great. But to make something playable across a wide range of players, that's not easy.

It is up to each individual player to decide what content they like, but I believe every designer made an attempt to make interesting content in their own way, from their perspective. I reviewed the fights from a design perspective here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/160190/dnas-review-of-the-boss-rush-fights

There's a thread where people are posting their own ideas: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/160121/what-if-you-were-chosen-to-design-a-boss-rush-fight.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    573739 said:

LoL lagacy is a bum. SS with power start 2 increased power generation and 50% power usage. Sadly there is really no champ right out the box that has power lock/control (except Sesm).

How bout sinister with power 1 start and debuff immune with increased regen and 1% regen? 😂

Sparky
  • 573739 said:

Sparky
    I think that's what he meant by "sesm" (Stark Enhanced Spider-Man). It took me a couple seconds to figure that one out myself, since I've never seen him called that before.
  • Wasted two revives on invisible woman out of all people but it was worth it cause in the end I got Medusa
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

573739 said:

Sparky
    Doc oc is even easier. Sym starts with power lock and you can keep him there by spamming special 1. Also a champ most people have and overlook
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    Gamer said:

Rotelly said:

can you also get shard from each run?

The Shards can only be awarded once.
    How is it fair that sym figth star with 2 and half bar of pover
    Everyone is complaining about this fight but have you fought SS in V3 2.2 yet? This fight was cake compared to that. Spite and 200% power gain. Good night.