**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Community Choice Boss Rush Challenge 2

Comments

• Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★

This seemed very interesting at the start, but for all of the exciting talk you guys over at kabam have been hyping up this new boss rush over the past weeks, the reward is very underwhelming. 10k shards for one basic 5 star crystal for what will be very difficult content for most summoners??? You need to understand that the basic 5 star crystal or featured 5 star crystal (if summoners decide to use those shards for the featured instead) have many weak champs that can be acquired in them. And since this challenge is meant to be very difficult and “not for everyone” to complete, there is a very high chance that after we spend revives and boosts and potions and/or units to complete the boss rush to receive our 10k shards that we open up our crystal after all that hard spent resources and receive a weak Kampala khan or Deadpool x-force or Diablo or any of the other large number of low tier champs that are in the crystal. Thus making the challenge completely not worth the resources spent. What I believe would have been much more worth it would have been to offer a specific 5 star crystal that rewards the chance of one of these specific good champions for example, CapIW, Night Thrasher, Darkhawk, Emma Frost, etc. The chances of getting a weak and disappointing champ from the shard rewards we receive are far too high for the difficulty of the content and the resources that may be required from most summoners.

@Kabam Miike

You have the same odds of pulling garbage without the boss rush. I did use any resources to beat it. 10k shards is plenty.
  • DRTO said:

How in the Kabam miike are you supposed to fight that sym supreme?

Sparky works best with cap infinity war and vision. Parry on opening run and heavy. After that just dont let him kill you with sp2
  • DRTO said:

How in the Kabam miike are you supposed to fight that sym supreme?

Cap infinity war synergy with vision makes killing with Sparky all the more efficient
  • BFritzeBFritze Posts: 34
    That was so, so cool you guys!
    Great mix of YT'ers a Podcaster, a "Forum Guardian" (sweet title) who all chose cool defenders.
    I picked The Unofficial and The Diggedy Dork for the rewards and got Colossus and Iron Man!
    It was a pleasant surprise for this massive appreciation event to see the pun in the title "Community Choice 2" to let us take a stab at it twice. Especially with the Awakening Gems coming up on the calendar for all of us who've logged in daily.
    You all rock! :)
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Izze_King said:

Gamer said:

Rotelly said:

can you also get shard from each run?

The Shards can only be awarded once.
    How is it fair that sym figth star with 2 and half bar of pover
    Everyone is complaining about this fight but have you fought SS in V3 2.2 yet? This fight was cake compared to that. Spite and 200% power gain. Good night.
    Yea done it. Few time. For the tilile Hav ghost so wasn’t a problem for me.
  • RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 185 ★★★
    @Zzzkilla thanks mate, have a great weekend sir.
  • ZzzkillaZzzkilla Posts: 5
    @RichTheMan
    NP at all, you do the same. Have a wonderful weekend as well!
  • Jestress said:

This was really fun. No BS nodes, no unavoidable damage. Go in, read the nodes, back out and choose your team. The SS gave me some trouble, because I didn't realized, he would start at 2.5 bars of power. So he wiped my champs within 5 seconds. But this was my mistake. Took a revive and got him in the next try. Quake was a challenge, because your intercepting has to be on point, you can't go the lazy way and bait heavies.
    All in all a little challenge and the rewards were on point. Nothing super crazy like fully formed T2A or T5B, but also nothing useless like a 4 star crystal. Rewards match the difficulty.
    More of this please (this happens when you listen to your players), very good job.

I agree. The boss rush actually allowed you to plan out your fights, and if you went into it with enough strategy - and if you prepped well enough, you could complete it with no item use. I appreciate that - as most content doesn't allow for that. The reward for planning should always be minimal item use.
    The content designers had no opportunity (or ability, really) to coordinate with each other, so it was a happy coincidence that we were all different enough that we ended up with two fights designed to tax your champs (Quake, Domino), two fights you could actually heal your champions with if you were skilled enough (King Groot, Invisible Woman), and two fights that were sort of neutral in a way (SS was kind of an all or nothing fight: you cheesed it or you died instantly, and Taskmaster could be zerged as it was the last fight on the map and he's vulnerable to burst damage outracing his immunity). It gave the map a certain rhythm and pace you could design a team around.

It would be interesting to see what community designers could do if they actually could coordinate their efforts to make a more cohesive map. If we had access to beta forums and maybe a week or two to brainstorm, I think we could have made the fights coordinate together even better.

On a related subject, I've been doing my best to watch as many streams and videos of the Boss Rush, and seeing how people reacted to my fight in particular. One thing I was hoping for was for Invisible Woman's mechanics to be "tricky enough" to be a real threat, and Life Transfer to be useful enough to allow skilled players to recover from IW getting in those shots. What pleases me most as a designer is not when IW gets a kill: I didn't designer her to assassinate players. Rather, it is seeing how often it seems that a player will either underestimate or not quite fully remember or understand how she works and get tagged by her, and then have to knuckle down and fight their way back to regaining control of the fight - especially because LT heals less when your health is low, so it often takes some time fighting at low health to build yourself back up, during which the fight is more risky.

They say the best (spectator sporting) games are the ones that have the most lead changes during the course of the game. I would love to see a statistic that shows how many "lead changes" the Invisible Woman fight had on average in terms of the health bars of the two champions in the fight, and how that compares with the average fight in the game (that doesn't use the chaos node, anyway).
  • Newbies have a snowball's chance in hell in this Boss Rush. In my case, my roster is not diverse enough to counter each of the boss champs in the pathway, I'm swamped with cosmic champs that are not Hyperion or Corvus Glaive. And 6 stars champs are like this boss rush in my category : a dream.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Newbies have a snowball's chance in hell in this Boss Rush. In my case, my roster is not diverse enough to counter each of the boss champs in the pathway, I'm swamped with cosmic champs that are not Hyperion or Corvus Glaive. And 6 stars champs are like this boss rush in my category : a dream.

Boss rush challenges are not supposed to be designed for new players to walk through. What they do is allow you to practice against harder opponents to test your skill level. Also corvus glave would be nearly useless in this boss rush unless you were trying to spend your way through and hype while having some use is not going to steamroll it solo. Depending on how new and how developed your skills are this is pretty doable for anyone who is up to act 5 in content or running monthly uncollectable. Most players at this point will have a well rounded group of champs to choose from. Someone who relies solely on ghost or corvus to carry them through early content will struggle with it
  • Newbies have a snowball's chance in hell in this Boss Rush. In my case, my roster is not diverse enough to counter each of the boss champs in the pathway, I'm swamped with cosmic champs that are not Hyperion or Corvus Glaive. And 6 stars champs are like this boss rush in my category : a dream.

As @Dshu states, these Boss Rush events are intended to be a challenge, and newer players aren't necessarily going to be able to complete them. I was not able to complete the first celebrity challenge when it came out either. The point is to do your best, and see where you have room to improve, or see how much better you do with the next one. They are meant to be aspirational goals to try to reach for, for players that aren't already strong enough to take them on reasonably.

Also, the fact that you jump immediately to Hyperion or Corvus suggests to me you're one of those players who may be basing most of your assumptions on how the game works from idle chatter, or other players who themselves aren't very knowledgeable. If you see a difficult challenge and you think the only way to beat it is with the so-called "god tier" champs you're probably holding yourself back. King Groot can literally be beat with anything. Quake requires special skills, but not special champs to beat. Invisible Woman requires understanding her mechanics but doesn't require anything special. Taskmaster just requires having some sort of team alive at the end to bring him down.

Only two fights arguably cannot be done with just any random champ: Domino and Symbiote Supreme. I wouldn't want to use Hyperion or Corvus against Domino: backblast will probably kill you. The only "god-tier" champ I'd bring to that fight is Void, and there are other non-god tier champs that work fine like Mephisto. Symbiote Supreme requires very specialized champs, but it can be a pushover with practice and the right champ at almost any rank. 3* Stark Enhanced Spider Man can do it, since if you're doing it correctly you should never get hit at all.

Maybe your roster isn't diverse enough. But the Boss Rush is more about skill than roster. I suspect there are very few players with the skill to beat it that just lack any viable option to try. It might be true that they have viable options but they currently lack the skill to make that option work: some options are better than others, some are easier or have more margin for error than others. That's just the nature of the game.
  • Dshu said:

Newbies have a snowball's chance in hell in this Boss Rush. In my case, my roster is not diverse enough to counter each of the boss champs in the pathway, I'm swamped with cosmic champs that are not Hyperion or Corvus Glaive. And 6 stars champs are like this boss rush in my category : a dream.

Boss rush challenges are not supposed to be designed for new players to walk through. What they do is allow you to practice against harder opponents to test your skill level. Also corvus glave would be nearly useless in this boss rush unless you were trying to spend your way through and hype while having some use is not going to steamroll it solo. Depending on how new and how developed your skills are this is pretty doable for anyone who is up to act 5 in content or running monthly uncollectable. Most players at this point will have a well rounded group of champs to choose from. Someone who relies solely on ghost or corvus to carry them through early content will struggle with it
    I understand what you're trying to say. It's just the prospect of having a 10 K 5 star shard after completing it is what makes me wish I'm at that level at this point. It took me 6 months to earn my first 5 * champ and all I got is Agent Venom. a champ I don't enjoy playing.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    how can you have fun? when its stacked unfairly against you with certain champions and nodes!
  • how can you have fun? when its stacked unfairly against you with certain champions and nodes!

What specifically about the Boss Rush fights do you find explicitly unfair, and in what way are those specific things unfair to the players?
  • DNA3000 said:

I got that impression regarding these categories of " god tier "champs after watching the YouTube videos of prominent figures in the MCOC community, like Seatin, Proff Hoff & Dork Diggity Dave. However, I don't subscribe 100 % in that way of thinking. I cleared most of the content in this game using 4 * OG Thor, one of the forgotten champs from the early days of MCOC, because I know his strength and weakness and I know how he works, and most of all, I enjoy playing the game using him.

I know how to pay my dues as a rookie player, that it takes time to reach a certain level. Wish I could say the same for new players like me who left the game. The idea is to entice newbies to be a part of this game in able to sustain its survival, of course it's a numbers game. Exclusivity will only make things worse, add that to the level of dissatisfaction in terms of the direction this game is heading lately.

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

I understand what you're trying to say. It's just the prospect of having a 10 K 5 star shard after completing it is what makes me wish I'm at that level at this point. It took me 6 months to earn my first 5 * champ and all I got is Agent Venom. a champ I don't enjoy playing.
    Dont get discouraged. I was destroyed trying chloe's challenge when it came out. Quake absolutely destroyed me because I didn't understand how to counter her mechanics. Also agent venom is a very underrated champ by the YouTube community in general. His ability to shrug off debuffs has saved me many times in this game. I personally have 90 5* champs and 2 I really want but can't seem to pull are av and crossbones for that shrug off ability. If you post you roster you may have champs that can handle this challenge that you don't even realize since there are many counters people don't post. Doc oc doesn't get mentioned much for sym supreme as an example but he neuters the powergain at the start of the fight and can keep sym power locked throughout with aggressive game play
  • I know how to pay my dues as a rookie player, that it takes time to reach a certain level. Wish I could say the same for new players like me who left the game. The idea is to entice newbies to be a part of this game in able to sustain its survival, of course it's a numbers game. Exclusivity will only make things worse, add that to the level of dissatisfaction in terms of the direction this game is heading lately.

You might think this is some recent phenomenon, but I can assure you it is not. The game's survival rests on a number of factors, and attracting new players is one of them. But giving them something to aspire to is another. If content doesn't exist that new players cannot, under any circumstances do, then they will quickly get bored and leave. As you say, it is a numbers game. You have to let some players go that don't want to play a game that has "exclusive" content, in order to keep the players that want to stick it out to reach for that next level.

You can't do it the other way around, because if you keep the players who want everything to be reachable and lose the players that are motivated to push to the next level they can't do now, you lose the ability to monetize impatience. Most of the players of the game play for free, supported by the players that pay. That model only works if a significant fraction of players are driven to push forward, first by gameplay and then for some of them spending. Without that drive, the game doesn't exist.

The game needs new players, but it needs new players who want to aspire to greater things in the game, or at least higher ones. And if we lose the ones that can't accept that some things won't be doable until they progress farther, that's the price that has to be paid for the game to exist for everyone else.

"Exclusivity" as you call it, won't make things worse, because it has always been here, and always will be.
  • DNA3000 said:

I know how to pay my dues as a rookie player, that it takes time to reach a certain level. Wish I could say the same for new players like me who left the game. The idea is to entice newbies to be a part of this game in able to sustain its survival, of course it's a numbers game. Exclusivity will only make things worse, add that to the level of dissatisfaction in terms of the direction this game is heading lately.

You might think this is some recent phenomenon, but I can assure you it is not. The game's survival rests on a number of factors, and attracting new players is one of them. But giving them something to aspire to is another. If content doesn't exist that new players cannot, under any circumstances do, then they will quickly get bored and leave. As you say, it is a numbers game. You have to let some players go that don't want to play a game that has "exclusive" content, in order to keep the players that want to stick it out to reach for that next level.

You can't do it the other way around, because if you keep the players who want everything to be reachable and lose the players that are motivated to push to the next level they can't do now, you lose the ability to monetize impatience. Most of the players of the game play for free, supported by the players that pay. That model only works if a significant fraction of players are driven to push forward, first by gameplay and then for some of them spending. Without that drive, the game doesn't exist.

The game needs new players, but it needs new players who want to aspire to greater things in the game, or at least higher ones. And if we lose the ones that can't accept that some things won't be doable until they progress farther, that's the price that has to be paid for the game to exist for everyone else.

"Exclusivity" as you call it, won't make things worse, because it has always been here, and always will be.
    I get what you mean. If a player thinks he's not good enough to go thru the content of a game, then maybe that game is not meant for him. On my part, I don't consider myself a highly skilled player, I rate myself average at best.

I play this game because it's supposed to be fun, as a comic book fan who knows these Marvel characters for decades. it bring to life the fantasies I have while reading. There are other Marvel based games that could satisfy my fan boy urges lol , maybe I should check them out. But thanks for the feed back, I highly appreciate it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I don't know if I'd necessarily say it's not for you. Only you can decide that. If a particular piece of content isn't where you're at, it's possible THAT is not for you, at the time. We grow as we go along.
  • DNA3000 said:

I get what you mean. If a player thinks he's not good enough to go thru the content of a game, then maybe that game is not meant for him. On my part, I don't consider myself a highly skilled player, I rate myself average at best.

I play this game because it's supposed to be fun, as a comic book fan who knows these Marvel characters for decades. it bring to life the fantasies I have while reading. There are other Marvel based games that could satisfy my fan boy urges lol , maybe I should check them out. But thanks for the feed back, I highly appreciate it.
    There are a lot of games that can be played casually and just for fun, and I think this game can be one of them. If you don't feel compelled to compete with others and don't feel the need to do everything that is released, the game can be played at any pace completely for free. But if you can't enjoy it playing casually and non-completist, and can't enjoy playing it competitively, even if the competition is primarily yourself, then it might indeed not be your cup of tea.

All I can say is where ever you are now, I once was, as were we all. It wasn't all that long ago that I was trying to build up my roster by trying to get 3* champs in the arena. Back then, many people said that was a worthless exercise, because 3* champs were worthless at the time. But those 3*s got me 4* basics, and those basics got me through Act 4, and eventually I had enough 4* champs that when the 5* featured arena came out I could at least grind for shards there. When Uncollected came out I could barely finish it once with a lot of potion use. The first celebrity challenge was totally out of my reach. All those things were temporary. If you play for fun, but also play to progress, those things come in time.
  • alsenjalsenj Posts: 1
    when it's kabam bug or kabam loses they want to sanction people...but you forget that your game bug all the time, sometimes in the middle of alliance war or during the arena this costs us units that you do not reimburse... then this bug is your own fault, there are some who bought units to make this "rush" so respect us.
    You only have to distribute 10,000 pieces to the other players to make it fair, it costs you nothing.
    it is not a flight to banish people, is your own fault ... if you withdraw the gain, then also refund our units buy during this rush, gold and iso poour those who have increased the rank up .... I’m starting to get sick of it personally
  • PhuleproofPhuleproof Posts: 15
    Why are so many people complaining? I'm struggling to get through it at the skill level I'm at. It feels impossible in many regards and yet if I can just improve enough on my timing, parries and dexterity, I might stand a chance. Is that the content creators fault? No, it's mine. Agreed, if you're an amazing player, it might be boring or easy, but you get a free 5* for a few minutes of your time. If you're a newbie, why should it be easy? It's probably not been written with you in mind. This is a perfect example of the age of entitlement. A free game and people still find something to moan about, (and now I'm moaning about the moaning, goddammit). Kabam, @RichTheMan, @DorkLessons, @Lagacy and the other creators, thank you for your efforts, I'm sure they're appreciated by the majority of players.
  • Cboggie44Cboggie44 Posts: 7
    Although I appreciate not penalizing summoners who completed the boss rush challenge twice and received a total of 20,000 five star shards, it is wrong Kabam to not give all summoners that same chance. It is easy to make the number of times a player can enter to be a limit of 2 for rewards. That would allow all summoners a chance to earn the same number of rewards and not punish those who didn’t complete the challenge on the first day of a challenge that has 14 days to complete. The response of not resetting the rewards again after is insulting and blatantly unfair to many of us...something I will remember come time to spend on this game.
  • I actually really liked this boss rush it was challenging but you honestly feel accomplished when you beat it so this was good on the content creators and kabam.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    alsenj said:

when it's kabam bug or kabam loses they want to sanction people...but you forget that your game bug all the time, sometimes in the middle of alliance war or during the arena this costs us units that you do not reimburse... then this bug is your own fault, there are some who bought units to make this "rush" so respect us.
    You only have to distribute 10,000 pieces to the other players to make it fair, it costs you nothing.
    it is not a flight to banish people, is your own fault ... if you withdraw the gain, then also refund our units buy during this rush, gold and iso poour those who have increased the rank up .... I’m starting to get sick of it personally

Kabam only knows about other’s fault not their own fault. They never look at the mirror.