**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

OPINIONS ON DIABLO? Tips

Just got him 5 star and haad him 4 star. There seems to be a lot of community backlash against him for being a weak mystic. Ive been trying hard to use him... From what I understand the fire effect is insane but im yet to know how to actually brew a concotion. So thats Diablo for you but he seems so refreshing despite his super low health

Comments

• Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    The most effective way to use diablo is remove him from your line up and put him on your bench
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    Even worse than KK, he's the very bottom
  • Options
    Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    He is plain old dog sh*t
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Most effective use of Diablo is to transmute him into shards.
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Tip: don’t ever use him.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I have him as a 6 star and have yet to use him over some of my 5 star rank 1s tbh
  • Options
    JGGGJGGG Posts: 13
    Wow there really is alot of hate for him
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Worst champ created in a loooong time. No use for him at all, complete garbage.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    If you REALLY like him at least run suicides as he's poison immune and it'll make him hit 60% harder.

His sp1 guarantee a 10% regen so he's not all bad..

But like others here have said, you should put your resources elsewhere.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    As soon as I pulled him, I erased him from my memory. You should do the same..
  • Options
    DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Since most combos are a variation of 3 light and 2 mediums, this guy frustrates the hell out of me. If you end a combo on a light and with the potion you want, you would have to throw a LLLLM combo. I only start combos with a light when intercepting. Outside that, it feels unnatural to do this. Not to mention you have to remember the potion that comes BEFORE the current one if you want to stick with MLLLM. And all this extra mechanics for underwhelming payoff. Its like a more complicated Beast with even worse abilities. How?!
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    https://youtu.be/vMB1rl3beTg

Hi i had made a video showing how bad DIABLO really is, dnt watch 27 min of video n waste time but showing u how badly he is designed ,he has one of the lowest damage output, base stats like crit, crit damage,attack,his abilities r limited, no utilities, no immunities, he is the Epitome of uselessness, so i'd say just pray u dnt get him in 6*!!! 😂😂
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    His stats are bad and he's awkward to use but I dig his animations and the intent to have on demand buffs was novel at the time of release. Could've been a really cool champ
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    He was a very interesting concept to say the least. I just don't think it was executed that well.
    I think if Kabam considerably increased the number of potions he started with and gained for winning fights with his synergies, that would help him a fair amount. Combine that with an overall numbers increase, and I think there'd be a fair bit of potential for Diablo. oh yeah and maybe if his synergies that let him get more potions also gave an extra bonus to that particular concoction (like Lifestitch gaining some lifesteal, or Ironskin giving a chance for his attacks to be Unblockable... something like that), that could be pretty dang cool.

But as some other people in this thread have mentioned, he definitely isn't completely useless.
    His 4 potions have the following effects (all effects happen over or last for 12 seconds):
    - Emberboon - bonus energy damage that grows for each buff the opponent has
    - Counterflow - just over 1 bar of power and the ability to nullify some buffs (25% chance per hit)
    - Lifestitch - a bit of regeneration and +25% regeneration rate. I'd recommend trying to use a special 1 quickly after consuming this potion.
    - Ironskin - extra attack (around +85% of base attack) and Stun Immunity
    These bits of utility are pretty interesting. I mean Stun Immunity could be helpful (think stuff like those Inevitability nodes in act 4 or Encroaching Stun), he doesn't have horrible regeneration (sp1 has a fair bit of regen on it too, seperate from any potions), and that energy damage could be quite nice on something like Resistor (maybe make that potion let Diablo ignore Resistances too?). But yeah it's a bit awkward to play around with and it doesn't give the biggest benefit.

but to answer the OP's original question (how do you consume Diablo's concoctions), you need to finish your combo on a Medium attack after cycling around your different concoctions with light attacks. That starts him brewing his potion. Then once the brewing finishes, you can dash back and hold block (for 1.2 sec) or use a special 1 to get him to drink it, activating its effect but removing one potion stack.
  • Options
    z2313457z2313457 Posts: 7
    Look for the colour when switching concoctions:
    - Emberboon (Orange): Energy damage per opponent buff
    - Counterflow (Purple): Power gain, basic attack nullify
    - Lifestitch (Green): regen
    - Ironskin (Pink): Increase attack and Stun immune
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've opened 14 6* crystals. Pulled angela 3 times which is great considering her dupe is useless, and 11 trash pulls. Diablo is one of the 11 trash pulls. He gets good arena points. That's his highest and best use.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I think Diablo is a situational champ and thus he can only shine in some specific fights.
    Maybe some players can play Diablo like a god, unfortunately I don't aware such player(s), yet.