**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shell alliance exploit in AW

Kabam when will you do something about players making shell alliances to exploit the game and get extra 5* shards? This puts other players at a disadvantage especially with 6* now coming. Please fix it’s very unfair for honest players.

Comments

• RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Kabam when will you do something about players making shell alliances to exploit the game and get extra 5* shards? This puts other players at a disadvantage especially with 6* now coming. Please fix it’s very unfair for honest players.

How is that an exploid?
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★

How is that an exploid?

The same way they said it was when people did it to exploit AQ brackets before they changed them
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    If Kabam isn't doing anything about it, it must be a legit thing to do. So how do you do it?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    It doesn't make any sense to me, If they are serious alliances they are sacrificing 9 days of rewards and aq rewards every time they switch alliances for some shards which at that level aren't that many anyway, some alliances purposely throw wars to drop levels, a few months ago I realised that the way war rating works you end up wining or losing half anyway, so I talked my alliance into stopping using potions and revives until we settled into tier 4, much easier fights now and even though we lost 12/15 wars to get there, it's 50:50 wins and losses now without having to use potions and revives
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    It doesn't make any sense to me, If they are serious alliances they are sacrificing 9 days of rewards and aq rewards every time they switch alliances for some shards which at that level aren't that many anyway, some alliances purposely throw wars to drop levels, a few months ago I realised that the way war rating works you end up wining or losing half anyway, so I talked my alliance into stopping using potions and revives until we settled into tier 4, much easier fights now and even though we lost 12/15 wars to get there, it's 50:50 wins and losses now without having to use potions and revives

We bounce around tier 2-4 honestly wouldn't mind hovering in T4 because of the off balance matchmaking system.
    Oh I worked out how it works, took a while haha, maybe you shouldn't post about it and let more people know about it
  • What is a shell alliance
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    What is a shell alliance

An alliance u have for the purpose of it being a low war rating
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Players gonna play.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Run477 wrote: »

Most of the alliance's doing this don't need aq rewards. They have t4cc crystals that they are just hoarding. A lot of the higher alliances don't care about aq bc the rewards aren't as good in their view. What the do care about is 5* shards. This allows them to fight much weaker alliances and ensure they are getting 1500 or so 5* shards a week in war and not having to use units/items in the process. It's great for those alliances but it screws over legitimate alliances wanting to grow.

Agreed!! Really hopes Kabam does something soon about this
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Yep, they are raking in shards through the exploit.

Should all be banned.

Nothing bannable about it. Kabam gives basically the same rewards in tier 2 3 and 4 as top 100 minus about 100 shards. But that's only if you win every time. If you spend all that time and effort to beat top 50 alliances, getting shards is much more difficult. I do agree that there needs to be a change in the rewards system though. I've seen wars in top 50 that go down to the wire with multiple items spent, both alliances should get rewarded higher than a tier 4 alliance winning against a 5 mil alliance.
    Kabam Im still waiting for you to respond to this, very unfair for all honest players
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    It is a very dishonest exploit. Kabam should apply the black outs to Alliance War too just like Alliance Quest!!!!
  • ralmadaralmada Posts: 191
    Raganator wrote: »
    Players gonna play.

And developers gonna develop? Or not necessarily?
    ive looked at it and if my calculations are right it's a terrible idea anyway for higher tier alliances, months of climbing the tiers through 3 and 4 star shards only make it not worth the wins you do get through tiers 7-4, even for my tier 4 alliance it wouldn't make any sense, 50% of tier 4 rewards are much better than 100% of rewards from tiers 20 through to 4 again, it seems like it's a morale booster only
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    ive looked at it and if my calculations are right it's a terrible idea anyway for higher tier alliances, months of climbing the tiers through 3 and 4 star shards only make it not worth the wins you do get through tiers 7-4, even for my tier 4 alliance it wouldn't make any sense, 50% of tier 4 rewards are much better than 100% of rewards from tiers 20 through to 4 again, it seems like it's a morale booster only

You would only need to get to tier4 twice. Once on the shell alli and once on the original alli. After you reach a higher tier and the other alli drops to t4 you switch again.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★

It's like any thing in life , always a group of people out there that have no morals and lack respect for other people . Which means they do stuff the easy way or cheat . Just to get ahead . People that don't realize the satisfaction of earning your own stuff, because they have never done anything the right way
    Top 100 alliances that lose in war get next to nothing for a hard fought war with minimal deaths. It is unfair to lose to xilem even though you 100% with less than 50 deaths and get basically nothing in rewards. That's why top alliances shell. Don't blame us for a bad rrwards system. If anything, we should get more shards if we explore 80% or 100% against a top 50 alliance than in tier 2, 3, or 4. But this is not the case.
    Wasn't my alliance that faced xilem, I'm just using them as an example since they are 2nd or 3rd, can't remember.
    Mainer123 wrote: »

It's like any thing in life , always a group of people out there that have no morals and lack respect for other people . Which means they do stuff the easy way or cheat . Just to get ahead . People that don't realize the satisfaction of earning your own stuff, because they have never done anything the right way

Totally agree about this, hope Kabam does something ASAP for these type of people
    edited August 2017
    Let me put it in words Kabam can understand better and care more about so they actually act: Yo Kabam you are losing lots of money with people doing the AW shell exploit, better act fast or you gonna lose more and more money
    Let me put it in words Kabam can understand better and care more about so they actually act: Yo Kabam you are losing lots of money with people doing the AW shell exploit, better act fast or you gonna lose more and more money

They aren't losing any money. Aw is a money pit as it is. The best way to remedy the issue for everyone is increase rewards for top 100 alliances. Otherwise this is not an exploit by any means. People are free to leave alliances and go elsewhere as they please.
  • It is def funny to scroll thru the top ranked war allis and see how many have one account as a placeholder.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I will say this again, alliance wars should have the same black out Alliance Quest has.

This is an exploit. If an alliance dislike so much tier 1 or tier 2 lose 5 wars in a row to drop to a level you like.

There is no justification for this dishonest cheating method.

Kabam we need your attention to this matter. @Kabam Miike
  • MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I will say this again, alliance wars should have the same black out Alliance Quest has.

This is an exploit. If an alliance dislike so much tier 1 or tier 2 lose 5 wars in a row to drop to a level you like.

There is no justification for this dishonest cheating method.

Kabam we need your attention to this matter. @Kabam Miike

This just won't work, these guys aren't going into the shell alliance for a week or 2, there in their for a month sometimes longer until they've milked the lower tiers. There would have to be such a long blackout that'd punish all the regular players way to much.

Also let's put the spotlight on the real problem here, the rewards at the he the top totally suck and there is no incentive for alliances to stay at the top and waste items. Kabam need to seriously overhaul the reward system and actual put some value into your weekly ranking similar to AQ. There's loads Kabam could do with AW such as tournament's etc to incentivise the top alliances but oh no wait there too busy sticking an extra star on the end of your champions to bother with any real content lol