**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Solution for double rewards on Boss Rush

2»

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

A solution searching for a problem.

That's not accurate. Because a mistake was actually made. I'm not trying to solve something that didn't happen.
    A mistake being made does not always necessitate a solution, it does not always mean there is a problem in need of fixing.
    Agreed. It also doesn't mean a solution can't be offered. Take it or leave it with the intent it was offered. Not saying specifically you, but this forum is worse than I remember it being.
    If you agree there may not be a problem in need of fixing, then that would make said solution a solution searching for a problem as I said previously
    Now we are just talking in circles. I was a agreeing that a mistake doesn't "always" necessitate a solution. I can still offer one even if it is not taken up.
    yes, you are talking in circles, and the problem is you dont know that it is you.

It is up top you to establish that there is a problem needing to be fixed. You have not done so. the best you have done is said that there was a "mistake" to which you agreed not all mistakes create problems in need of fixing.

You have invoked "appeasing the community", but have not showed that there is a community lacking appeasement either.

It seems to me that when you say community you really mean yourself and maybe a few others.
    So your problem is that I wrote "appeasing the community"? Fine omit that and then it just becomes whether or not Kabam have the time or resources to do it, if they so desire. I'm not saying the whole community is up in arms, but there certainly does appear to be a portion, so I offered a solution that addresses it. If you check my post history, which is non existent because I haven't felt the need to post, this is my first post on the subject of the additional 10k shards that some people are eligible for. So obviously I'm not as invested in having that 10k of shards as you imply. Right now I'm defending my right to offer a solution, not whether or not I care about getting a 5* basic.
    a post history nonexistent with a need to make a post tends to indicate that you are invested. 10 of your 11 pots are in this thread that you started. No one is questioning your right to post a "solution", we are questioning the NEED of said solution, which we also have a right to do.
    Actually what I find most funny is that only one person bothered to comment on the soundness of the solution execution and everyone else commented on whether it was needed.
    Why is that funny? that is logical in itself. If something is not needed then if the it is "sound" or not is irrelevant.
    You might say that about a lot of posts on the forums. That doesn't mean people don't participate in a constructive way. What you're suggesting is that we should never ponder hypothetical situations, because commonly hypothetical situations never happen, so why even consider them.

Interesting question, if we were talking about rewards that would personally impact your situation would you be saying the same thing? For example, if the rewards were a generic 5* awakening gem or T5B, I don't care what you pick specifically, but something that would potentially affect your current playing experience. My impression is that a lot of those that are saying there is no problem to solve, it's because they have a 5* roster to which a single 5* champ is not going to make a difference. That is certainly not the case for everyone. Where at some point a single 5* may not make a difference, but for their current situation.. the right 5* would.
    I have missed out before. I wasn't able to complete V1 in time to be able to use the R4 gems on any year champion. Others that finished in time did. I moved on regardless of whether it was "fair" or not.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    A good rule of thumb for this game is finish any new content as fast as you can within reason. They regularly screw up issuing rewards and occasionally it benefits the players if you're one of the early finishers.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Or u try finishing first and face a bunch of bugs and spend a ton of resources only to get back a revive or two. It can easily go both ways in this game. I do think kabam should allow everyone the chance to complete it twice, but i also understand that it would take alot of time and effort to figure out who has finished it twice and who hasnt yet. It may not be worth the trouble for them to do that. I think kabam should send everyone something small even like 2k 5* shards as a small gesture and apologize for the error if they arent going to allow everyone to run it twice.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

That's not accurate. Because a mistake was actually made. I'm not trying to solve something that didn't happen.
    A mistake being made does not always necessitate a solution, it does not always mean there is a problem in need of fixing.
    Agreed. It also doesn't mean a solution can't be offered. Take it or leave it with the intent it was offered. Not saying specifically you, but this forum is worse than I remember it being.
    If you agree there may not be a problem in need of fixing, then that would make said solution a solution searching for a problem as I said previously
    Now we are just talking in circles. I was a agreeing that a mistake doesn't "always" necessitate a solution. I can still offer one even if it is not taken up.
    yes, you are talking in circles, and the problem is you dont know that it is you.

It is up top you to establish that there is a problem needing to be fixed. You have not done so. the best you have done is said that there was a "mistake" to which you agreed not all mistakes create problems in need of fixing.

You have invoked "appeasing the community", but have not showed that there is a community lacking appeasement either.

It seems to me that when you say community you really mean yourself and maybe a few others.
    So your problem is that I wrote "appeasing the community"? Fine omit that and then it just becomes whether or not Kabam have the time or resources to do it, if they so desire. I'm not saying the whole community is up in arms, but there certainly does appear to be a portion, so I offered a solution that addresses it. If you check my post history, which is non existent because I haven't felt the need to post, this is my first post on the subject of the additional 10k shards that some people are eligible for. So obviously I'm not as invested in having that 10k of shards as you imply. Right now I'm defending my right to offer a solution, not whether or not I care about getting a 5* basic.
    a post history nonexistent with a need to make a post tends to indicate that you are invested. 10 of your 11 pots are in this thread that you started. No one is questioning your right to post a "solution", we are questioning the NEED of said solution, which we also have a right to do.
    Actually what I find most funny is that only one person bothered to comment on the soundness of the solution execution and everyone else commented on whether it was needed.
    Why is that funny? that is logical in itself. If something is not needed then if the it is "sound" or not is irrelevant.
    You might say that about a lot of posts on the forums. That doesn't mean people don't participate in a constructive way. What you're suggesting is that we should never ponder hypothetical situations, because commonly hypothetical situations never happen, so why even consider them.

Interesting question, if we were talking about rewards that would personally impact your situation would you be saying the same thing? For example, if the rewards were a generic 5* awakening gem or T5B, I don't care what you pick specifically, but something that would potentially affect your current playing experience. My impression is that a lot of those that are saying there is no problem to solve, it's because they have a 5* roster to which a single 5* champ is not going to make a difference. That is certainly not the case for everyone. Where at some point a single 5* may not make a difference, but for their current situation.. the right 5* would.
    where did I say you should never ponder hypothetical solutions? You like to intentionally misrepresent what people are saying, why is that? If anything I would be saying you should not present hypothetical situations and needed real situations.

And yes, if it impacted my situation my answer would be the same, In this situation I missed out on 10k shards myself, but I chalk it up to missing a sell at the store for something I like. Something out of my control so why complain and worry about it. You are implying my statement and others here is self serving btw.
    iRetr0 said:

I am willing to bet you wouldn't be suggesting this if you ran it a 2nd time for the extra 10k 5* shards, you would be quiet about it.

Yes I would. Because my solution doesn't punish anyone. You could say it punishes Kabam with time and effort to implement the solution. So bet if you like. You would lose.

Other solutions offer to either take rewards away from people that innocently benefited or give unearned rewards. This provides equal rewards based on what you complete.

I believe it to be fair so regardless of whether I had completed it got double rewards or not... Or even in the situation where I couldn't even complete the quest I would post the same thing

iRetr0 said:

I am willing to bet you wouldn't be suggesting this if you ran it a 2nd time for the extra 10k 5* shards, you would be quiet about it.

Shots fired! Lol
    I dexed them
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

where did I say you should never ponder hypothetical solutions? You like to intentionally misrepresent what people are saying, why is that? If anything I would be saying you should not present hypothetical situations and needed real situations.

And yes, if it impacted my situation my answer would be the same, In this situation I missed out on 10k shards myself, but I chalk it up to missing a sell at the store for something I like. Something out of my control so why complain and worry about it. You are implying my statement and others here is self serving btw.
    iRetr0 said:

Yes I would. Because my solution doesn't punish anyone. You could say it punishes Kabam with time and effort to implement the solution. So bet if you like. You would lose.

Other solutions offer to either take rewards away from people that innocently benefited or give unearned rewards. This provides equal rewards based on what you complete.

I believe it to be fair so regardless of whether I had completed it got double rewards or not... Or even in the situation where I couldn't even complete the quest I would post the same thing
    Fair enough then, you do you, man
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    So we are mad that some were capable of doing it without an issue or couldn't do it ourselves ??
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    How many topics have been made on this 10 or more? It’s over no need to make another solution post mistakes are made and some got more rewards not a huge deal. I feel like this place has become the complain about everything Kabam does forum. Asking for free rewards because someone got better rewards as they finished quicker. Take it as a lesson learned next time finish the mission early and if the mistake happens again you get double rewards.

How many topics have been made on this 10 or more? It’s over no need to make another solution post mistakes are made and some got more rewards not a huge deal. I feel like this place has become the complain about everything Kabam does forum. Asking for free rewards because someone got better rewards as they finished quicker. Take it as a lesson learned next time finish the mission early and if the mistake happens again you get double rewards.

1) my post doesn't include a complaint about kabam.
    2) I don't see this solution posted anywhere else nor does it include any free rewards. It has the same rewards for everyone based on content completed
    3) time zones. Many people live in timezones not favourable to doing content when it is released. It is 1am (or 2am when kabam is in daylight savings) when content is released for me. And then we have war starting after that. So no. It's not about learning a lesson. It's about doing what's right by your alliance and still showing up to war.

How do I feel about this forum? Seems like it's become a place to tear down other people when you've completely misread the intent of a post.
    Prathap said:

So we are mad that some were capable of doing it without an issue or couldn't do it ourselves ??

I know I'm not. I just offered an idea that might help those that were upset on not receiving additional rewards. I didn't create this thread for that purpose, if you were unable to complete the challenge and are upset about it, I would post in another thread.
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    2) I don't see this solution posted anywhere else nor does it include any free rewards. It has the same rewards for everyone based on content completed
    3) time zones. Many people live in timezones not favourable to doing content when it is released. It is 1am (or 2am when kabam is in daylight savings) when content is released for me. And then we have war starting after that. So no. It's not about learning a lesson. It's about doing what's right by your alliance and still showing up to war.

How do I feel about this forum? Seems like it's become a place to tear down other people when you've completely misread the intent of a post.

My understanding it was up for over a day to beat before the reset which means everyone had equal opportunity to get double rewards. If you look your not the only who has spoken about this. There is no fix, it happened and it’s over a done with. Some got lucky with double rewards majority including myself didn’t and I say good for them. No need to come up with fixes. Happened, mistake made, corrected it some got a better deal than us, best advise to give to people who complain knock it out early enough you might be able to get double rewards and you can just be happy and not complain.
    edited September 2019

My understanding it was up for over a day to beat before the reset which means everyone had equal opportunity to get double rewards. If you look your not the only who has spoken about this. There is no fix, it happened and it’s over a done with. Some got lucky with double rewards majority including myself didn’t and I say good for them. No need to come up with fixes. Happened, mistake made, corrected it some got a better deal than us, best advise to give to people who complain knock it out early enough you might be able to get double rewards and you can just be happy and not complain.

Again. Why is my solution considered a complaint? I didn't see it offered anywhere else... So I offered it. If the opportunity to do anything about it is gone... So be it. But I'm being attacked because I'm slow on the news cycle and nothing more.

Do I honestly think they would do anything? No.

Do I think it's worth doing a post mortem? Sure. Because there is a distinct possibility of a repeat.
    Mixalis said:

I think that's the issue. It was up for an entire day and people who got the rewards most likely beat it with ease the first time and same for the second. The people who in my opinion are complaining are the ones who couldn't beat it the first time, or beat it and used 500 units their first try. If it was backup tomorrow for argument sake, you still won't beat it. They just want kabam to give them the rewards.

That's not really accurate. I offered a solution a little late to the game unfortunately.... that's what the issue is.

It may have been up for a day but we don't get equal opportunity due to time zones. People always say equal opportunity not understanding that we don't all exist in a timezone where we do have content at the same non-working/waking hours. It was 1am for me when it was released, then my champs are in war for the whole day that it's up. I beat it with no units spent, with the champs that had come out of war. You had to beat it the first day so you were there for the reset.

I only offered a solution because I had not seen one that allowed for no one to give back rewards and for no one to receive free rewards. I'm not complaining about missing out on rewards, it was just an suggestion. People mistakenly took my suggestion as a complaint, because I guess that's what they're used to. I don't take issue with people saying that it's too late to do anything about it and it was an honest mistake. No harm, no foul. I'm somewhat frustrated that people consider it a complaint when there was no complaint made, nor did I castigate Kabam for the error.
  • We apologize for any disappointment, but the boss rush will not be reset again.
This discussion has been closed.