**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Would you like to see new backround maps?

Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
I know this is much less relevant and important to most stuff in the game but would you like to see newer or update maps? I think it would give a breath of fresh air to the game and would be a nice change.

Would you like to see new backround maps? 76 votes

Yeah, I woild like to see newer/updated maps
88%
Whododo872CFreeJestresscUbA_LiBrETortoigRazorDevilNick_Caine_32TerraAlex13369KossukosexdethsquadxDOKTOROKTOPUSOrcDovahkiinSavio444SpiderCoolsCassyDuke_Silverspidey31415926Liss_Bliss_MilesHolmwood 67 votes
No, I think the maps are fine and don't matter that much
11%
age_of_andycapLvernon15NiteAndDaeDonnymeijCharlie_SceneGustavo20JuggerNotWebby72JohnHS 9 votes

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

I'd prefer Kabam not waste their time on this and instead fix bugs.

^This. Would I like it? Heck yeah. Would I want to see it in the game at this point? Heck no. Then we'd all know they're not fixing all the stinkin' bugs in the game right now.
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Backgrounds I never knew that there were fireballs raining down in the Asteroid M stage until I saw guys fighting in Marvels Summoner Showdown.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Yes I’d like it. I’m tired of the really dark backgrounds. Give me wakanda and I’d really enjoy that
  • Yeah, I woild like to see newer/updated maps

Such a predictable response
  • Yeah, I woild like to see newer/updated maps

No no and no. They need to use all resources to fix the ongoing issues that are never even addressed. Does anybody even look at map backgrounds? If so how does possibly affect the game?

☝️
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I’d like them to clean up the current ones. There are pointless visual obstructions on the avengers tower and on a 2nd map(I’m not sure what it’s called)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35336/obstructed-view#latest
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    No, I would like them to spend time improving my current gaming experience.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

I’d like them to clean up the current ones. There are pointless visual obstructions on the avengers tower and on a 2nd map(I’m not sure what it’s called)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35336/obstructed-view#latest

Lol, your name 😂
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

No no and no. They need to use all resources to fix the ongoing issues that are never even addressed. Does anybody even look at map backgrounds? If so how does possibly affect the game?

Again, for the 363,924,782nd time. There are separate teams for things like map development and bugs/issues. It’s jot a group of people doing it all.

Why don’t people understand this.........?
  • No, I think the maps are fine and don't matter that much
    How about change the music instead of the same old multi-year track (mines muted because it makes me cringe). Those backgrounds and special effects are quite possibly the reason (or one of) as to why your phone lags. Who cares about fixing bugs when you'll be distracted by Dormammu releasing fart gas over half the screen.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    No, I think the maps are fine and don't matter that much
    I'd like them, but not right now.
    A music change would be awesome though.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Dooms Castle
    Baxter Building
    Thanos chair
    Titan
    Motel MODOK
    Warehouse
    Far From Home locations

We havnt gotten a new one since Thor Ragnorok came out in 2017
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    ^ we already have Thanos’s chair btw

Jestress said:

Yes, but I would prefer they prioritize the plethora of bugs in the game prior to working on any additional side content.

That’s comparable to saying the Steelers defense is bad so we should move some of the offense into their D. That’s just not how it works.

People go to school to learn 3D modeling and animation, others to code programs. Two very different ballparks.

Also I’m not saying there aren’t bugs, but honestly I have barely noticed really anything in the way of gameplay bugs as of late. I’m not pointing fingers when I say this, but I feel like some people get a little enraged that they mis tapped or had food on their hands or something that caused them to screw up, and are too prideful to admit it wasn’t anyone’s fault but their own. Like I had an iPhone 6 from the time the 7 came out until like, 6 months ago, and I really didn’t have much problems. Idk I just feel like the amount of bugs is blown out of proportion.

New maps would definitely be cool
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

Yes, but I would prefer they prioritize the plethora of bugs in the game prior to working on any additional side content.

That’s comparable to saying the Steelers defense is bad so we should move some of the offense into their D. That’s just not how it works.

People go to school to learn 3D modeling and animation, others to code programs. Two very different ballparks.

Also I’m not saying there aren’t bugs, but honestly I have barely noticed really anything in the way of gameplay bugs as of late. I’m not pointing fingers when I say this, but I feel like some people get a little enraged that they mis tapped or had food on their hands or something that caused them to screw up, and are too prideful to admit it wasn’t anyone’s fault but their own. Like I had an iPhone 6 from the time the 7 came out until like, 6 months ago, and I really didn’t have much problems. Idk I just feel like the amount of bugs is blown out of proportion.

The bugs I'm referring to have nothing to do with the game controls.
    Respectfully, may I ask which ones? I wasn’t referring to solely game controls either. More so everything involved from fight start to fight end.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    U cant Take "Real exisiting" places. When u see Eifeltower, Marcus Palace, Pyramids or Matterhorn. Everywhere lawers will rise up to get picture or artist or what ever license fees.

People will be upset that "their" home/public places be in such a violent game. Protest will bring it to fridays for future protest...

millions of Kids will sign up for this game to give us lag or bring the server right down to emergency maintance!

But New backgrounds would be good thou.

Xaviers school building (in or outside)
    Deadpools backyard
    Magnetos Metalfree jail
    Space
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

Jestress said:

The bugs I'm referring to have nothing to do with the game controls.
    Respectfully, may I ask which ones? I wasn’t referring to solely game controls either. More so everything involved from fight start to fight end.
    To name a few:

- special buttons on iphone are still 50% of their original size. they addressed this will be fixed in an upcoming patch, we will see.
    - characters are able to evade/fire special while you hit into their block
    - parry description/interaction is not consistent
    - dungeon chat has been bugged since release, requires app switch or force restart to resolve
    - backdraft intercepts still do not work
    - medusa's armor shatter
    Okay yup definitely agree those are a problem. (A solution I’ve sound to BDI is to just light attack instead of medium and it connects) but like, u really want artists doing that? If you are saying they should slow content being pushed out and hone in on bugs, sure and absolutely. It’s just this thread is about backgrounds not allocation of resources in terms of fixing bugs, so...see what I’m getting at?

(This is the chillest argument/discussion I’ve probably ever had in the forums in a fat minute. Makes me believe in people again lol)