**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mysterio Bugged Interaction With Sabretooth

RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
I am sorry if someone else posted this, but I came across a seemingly buggy interaction between Mysterio and Sabretooth. When Mysterio places his head block on Sabretooth it does not remove his regen stacks like normal. I am not sure if this is because Mysterio’s heal block is passive and so it doesn’t interact with Sabretooth’s regen correctly but it seems buggy. Sabretooth’s sig does not specify that the heal block has to be a debuff. Please look into this and fix it.

https://youtu.be/EerbONAuKkk

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

I am sorry if someone else posted this, but I came across a seemingly buggy interaction between Mysterio and Sabretooth. When Mysterio places his head block on Sabretooth it does not remove his regen stacks like normal. I am not sure if this is because Mysterio’s heal block is passive and so it doesn’t interact with Sabretooth’s regen correctly but it seems buggy. Sabretooth’s sig does not specify that the heal block has to be a debuff. Please look into this and fix it.

It's working correctly. He isn't healing. The heal block isn't like armor break. It doesn't nullify. If it did remove any regen effects in the past, that was the bug.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

RoninMan said:

It's working correctly. He isn't healing. The heal block isn't like armor break. It doesn't nullify. If it did remove any regen effects in the past, that was the bug.
    Read ST’a sig ability. It states that when heal blocked he loses all stacks of regen.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

RoninMan said:

Read ST’a sig ability. It states that when heal blocked he loses all stacks of regen.
    Yes that’s the problem. If you use any other heal block against him, he loses all his regen stacks. But when Mysterio heal blocks, ST keeps them. It’s bugged.
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    edited September 2019
    RoninMan said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious can you please look into this?

Technically your not suppose to ping admins (Agaist ToS) but I think its a vaild excuse. With the relase of the new 5 star featured more people are going to get him, I think you might have confused the ability, it doesn't nullify the regen it just blocks it thats why its called Heal block instead of Stagger or Nullify.

RoninMan said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious can you please look into this?

Technically your not suppose to ping admins (Agaist ToS) but I think its a vaild excuse. With the relase of the new 5 star featured more people are going to get him, I think you might have confused the ability, it doesn't nullify the regen it just blocks it thats why its called Heal block instead of Stagger or Nullify.
    My bad they did not respond so I was trying to get their attention on this for review. It has nothing to do with heal block. It has to do with Sabretooth’s signature ability:

Besides ST’s regen is passive anyone so nullify and stagger wouldn’t prevent it anyway.

RoninMan said:

Technically your not suppose to ping admins (Agaist ToS) but I think its a vaild excuse.
    That’s a myth. Read rule 4 and tell me why they would invite tagging mods if tagging mods was against the rules.

4. We facilitate this community for you to have a place to discuss, support and connect with each other. We’re here to keep the conversation constructive and fair. We won’t be jumping into every thread or post or responding to every direct tag. However, please know we do read them all! If you need assistance with an issue that you feel needs a direct response please use the link in the game to contact Support directly.

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

My bad they did not respond so I was trying to get their attention on this for review. It has nothing to do with heal block. It has to do with Sabretooth’s signature ability:

Besides ST’s regen is passive anyone so nullify and stagger wouldn’t prevent it anyway.
    Where in that screenshot you showed does it say that his regen stacks would be removed? It only says if he doesn't strike or get struck they start removing after 5 seconds. The healing is interrupted if he's healblocked which is exactly what happens in that video. He stops healing.
    ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

Where in that screenshot you showed does it say that his regen stacks would be removed? It only says if he doesn't strike or get struck they start removing after 5 seconds. The healing is interrupted if he's healblocked which is exactly what happens in that video. He stops healing.
    Have you ever fought Sabretooth with a heal block champ? That’s what interrupted means. It removes the stacks of regen. That’s how it’s always functioned.

RoninMan said:

It says interrupted, not nullified. I thought the particular verbiage was because passives typically don’t interact with debuffs that way. I can’t recall heal block debuffs nullifying them. My recollection is that they still proc like every other regen, they just don’t do anything. I could be wrong though.
    edited September 2019

RoninMan said:

It says interrupted, not nullified. I thought the particular verbiage was because passives typically don’t interact with debuffs that way. I can’t recall heal block debuffs nullifying them. My recollection is that they still proc like every other regen, they just don’t do anything. I could be wrong though.
    Confusing to say the least.

It would be redundant to say when heal blocked his healing is blocked. HB has always “nullified” the regen and if looked into enough i feel you would find conformation somewhere. What isn't confirmed is if the heal block needs to be a debuff which isn’t made clear so the ability reads like any heal block, passive or debuff, should have the same effect.
    RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

Have you ever fought Sabretooth with a heal block champ? That’s what interrupted means. It removes the stacks of regen. That’s how it’s always functioned.
    To be fair that means it's bad wording on his signature ability because interrupted doesn't mean removed. The wording says the healing that he would recover from those hits would be interrupted, and no mention of his passive healing being removed. If anything the bug could be that Heal Block was removing his passive stacks.
    ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

To be fair that means it's bad wording on his signature ability because interrupted doesn't mean removed. The wording says the healing that he would recover from those hits would be interrupted, and no mention of his passive healing being removed. If anything the bug could be that Heal Block was removing his passive stacks.
    Why even put it in there then? Heal block would just automatically mean that all regen is interrupted. It has to mean something more, which is revealed when you actually heal block him. It removes all his regen stacks. It’s been working this way for a year and a half. There’s no way it’s been bugged that long.
    RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

Why even put it in there then? Heal block would just automatically mean that all regen is interrupted. It has to mean something more, which is revealed when you actually heal block him. It removes all his regen stacks. It’s been working this way for a year and a half. There’s no way it’s been bugged that long.
    Firstly saying there's no way it's been bugged that long is redundant. This is Kabam, things have been bugged for longer and haven't been fixed.

Second, no where is it mentioned that heal block would remove his stacks of regen. Not in his spotlight, not in the description of his sig ability.

Third, as far as I can remember, every other champ with regen keeps their regen buff when they're healblocked. If the heal block ends and they have regen, the regen starts healing again. While ST healing is passive, it should still continue to heal after the heal block has fallen off.

The only reason why it might get reworded that they get removed after a heal block is because it would be tedious to have to not hit him while he's heal blocked to let some of those stacks fall off, but honestly his healing isn't that powerful that you can't brute force your way past it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

I've yet to ever see the regen icon ever disappear. Interrupted doesn't mean remove though. Interrupted is more on par with pausing than removing.

If I interrupt you while you are talking, you aren't removed, you just stop talking.

RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

I've yet to ever see the regen icon ever disappear. Interrupted doesn't mean remove though. Interrupted is more on par with pausing than removing.

If I interrupt you while you are talking, you aren't removed, you just stop talking.
    I agree with you but I did just test it, and heal blocking with other champions does remove the stacks (which I don't agree should happen to be honest). Apparently there was an issue with GR damnation not removing the stacks either, and it was being looked into. Don't know if they changed that though.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    I take that back and stand corrected.
    https://youtu.be/Xio8BpQ0Fz8
    IMIW heal blocks Sabertooth in the EQ. It removes the stacks of regen.

I believe that its probably more due to Mysterios heal block being a passive ability against a passive ability. Definitely a weird interaction.
    ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

ItsDamien said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

I agree with you but I did just test it, and heal blocking with other champions does remove the stacks (which I don't agree should happen to be honest). Apparently there was an issue with GR damnation not removing the stacks either, and it was being looked into. Don't know if they changed that though.
    It’s just the way it’s always worked and assumed it was because they interjected that part about his regen being interrupted when heal block. Otherwise why even add that since that’s what heal block does naturally anyway? Whether or not it’s intended is up for debate but I would have to say it is intended because of the wording of his sig. Any other regen champ doesn’t have wording like that in regards to their regen.
    This pretty much says heal block is intended to remove regeneration.

Patch 19.0

Bug Fixes and Improvements
    • Ghost Rider’s Damnation will now remove Sabretooth’s Regeneration

Patch 19.0

Weird. I wonder why that was necessary since Damnation already heal blocked. If they’re stepwise making Sabretooth’s regen behave just like everyone else’s, why is it still passive if he doesn’t get any of the benefits associated with passive effects?

Patch 19.0

Weird. I wonder why that was necessary since Damnation already heal blocked. If they’re stepwise making Sabretooth’s regen behave just like everyone else’s, why is it still passive if he doesn’t get any of the benefits associated with passive effects?
    While Damnation heal blocks it wasn’t tagged/coded as a HB and thus was not interacting with ST as a HB until they corrected it to. ST’s passive heal is intended to be removed with heal blocks so I dunno where the rest of the post is coming from. His passive has many benefits over them being buffs.

Patch 19.0

Because they still can’t be nullified or staggered. Also can’t be interacted with via buffet or fisticuffs.
    I did say stepwise. They’ll get there. :D
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Sabretooth doesn't lose Passive healing even if the takes the sp3 from Ghost rider. That curse blocks heal and Power... But ST doesn't lose the healings
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

Sabretooth doesn't lose Passive healing even if the takes the sp3 from Ghost rider. That curse blocks heal and Power... But ST doesn't lose the healings

He does loses the charges, because that is a heal block effect. It wasn't working until it got fixed, meaning it is intended. Same thing goes for The Champion when Damnation was bug against him, and was as well fixed.

To summarize, Mysterio heal block should remove the regen stacks. It's a bug, judging by how other interactions work and by the wording of the abilities.
    What I want to know is how I actually get a mod acknowledgement on this. Thread has been up for 2 weeks and I did what was asked. I posted to bugs and provided video evidence. Can I at least get an acknowledgement? If it was a bug that reverse healed ST or killed him instantly I bet it would be acknowledged immediately.
    RoninMan said:

What I want to know is how I actually get a mod acknowledgement on this. Thread has been up for 2 weeks and I did what was asked. I posted to bugs and provided video evidence. Can I at least get an acknowledgement? If it was a bug that reverse healed ST or killed him instantly I bet it would be acknowledged immediately.

Your answer lies at the end of rule #4. Dual purpose post.

RoninMan said:

Technically your not suppose to ping admins (Agaist ToS) but I think its a vaild excuse.
    That’s a myth. Read rule 4 and tell me why they would invite tagging mods if tagging mods was against the rules.

4. We facilitate this community for you to have a place to discuss, support and connect with each other. We’re here to keep the conversation constructive and fair. We won’t be jumping into every thread or post or responding to every direct tag. However, please know we do read them all! If you need assistance with an issue that you feel needs a direct response please use the link in the game to contact Support directly.

RoninMan said:

Your answer lies at the end of rule #4. Dual purpose post.

RoninMan said:

So then basically just assume they read it and took it to the team? Meh....
    Read the last line.
  • Hey there, if possible, could you please let us know what game mode that fight occurred in and what nodes were active at the time?
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

Hey there, if possible, could you please let us know what game mode that fight occurred in and what nodes were active at the time?

In my personal experience it happened in a duel.