**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost only needs the Wasp synergy, right? Not Ant-Man or Hood?

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
Like if I'm making a questing team, it wouldn't be worth it to bring anyone in but Wasp, right? Or do either Ant-Man or Hood really have that much to add?

Ghost only needs the Wasp synergy, right? Not Ant-Man or Hood? 46 votes

Yes, Wasp is the only synergy that's necessary
63%
humzah217NabbydianNoıreTheCipeRoOOtsDonnymeijPizzabeatSaransh245LmaoXxLoganTDCxXLordRaymond3B_Dizzle_01FhfjghhggggjfhfjgTheSquish671XxOriginalxXX_Factor_AgentLoctiteSuperGlueFred_JoeitySuperfighter101ddom 29 votes
No, it's worth it to bring in Ant-Man and/or Hood rather than amazing champs like Sparky, Domino, etc.
36%
Spity68AsterFreya13Lvernon15DOKTOROKTOPUSRasiloverPseudouberKillerRino19Colonaut123LordNeoStevieManWonderAdishvar_26Woody15gp87Too_qikCzechmateorpimeSdanteofdmc 17 votes

Comments

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Besides giving unblockable specials. Wasp is a great champ herself. Much better than ant man. I always bring wasp when I ghost
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    No, it's worth it to bring in Ant-Man and/or Hood rather than amazing champs like Sparky, Domino, etc.
    I think that it is necessary to have the full trinity--personally, I never use hood--as it grants Ghost an additionally 25% attack at the start of the fight and an extra 15% per buff she has which really adds up fast. Ant-Man is essentially for good Ghost play, at least for me.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    For most situations, you only need wasp synergy. Hood is great for certain situations and sometimes could be the more important synergy those situations
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★

I think that it is necessary to have the full trinity--personally, I never use hood--as it grants Ghost an additionally 25% attack at the start of the fight and an extra 15% per buff she has which really adds up fast. Ant-Man is essentially for good Ghost play, at least for me.

For high end players, I can almost guarantee that Antman is left out of the team the most. Ranking for most essential is Wasp then Hood then maybe Antman
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    Depends on fights, if u have an opponent who gains crazy power and reach L3 really fast ( like boss rush challange symbiote supreme) u need hood for L3 invulnerablity, besides that if u want to reach full potential of Ghost ,u need ant-man too for %25 attack rating. So let's wrap it up ;
    - Generally if u wanna hit unblockable specials u need Wasp
    - In an average fight if u don't mind that attack rating synergy u don't need ant-man
    - In an average fight if u mind that attack rating synergy u need ant man
    - In a node fight , if your opponent reach L3 and u can't control the power, u need hood for L3 invulnerability.
    - In a node fight , if your opponent doesn't reach L3 and u can control the power, u don't need hood
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I usually don’t run any synergies with my ghost but if I do it tends to be the Hood one
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the advice guys! I just pulled a 4 star Ghost today and want to get good playing her. I have the resources to take her all the way to Rank 5 right now, but I'm going to wait 2 days and see who my next 5 star is first. Who knows? Might be another Ghost! All I know is that I definitely want the Wasp synergy as I've seen her play style with it and love that you can just phase and throw a really OP special. I was just wondering if it really boosts her enough to bring in Ant-Man and/or Hood rather than some other really good champs, but you've explained it rather well. Thanks again!
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Hood is great for some matchups. Wasp is also kind of unnecessary if you can play well, but it’s useful for stun immune matchups where it’s hard to get an opening otherwise without taking block damage
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Hood synergy is fantastic if you’re on a power gain path. I’d say in that case if you’re gonna play ghost he’s basically required. Besides that I usually just roll with wasp
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Like if I'm making a questing team, it wouldn't be worth it to bring anyone in but Wasp, right? Or do either Ant-Man or Hood really have that much to add?

A very good question. Let's take a look at how important the synergies are for Ghost. This is gonna be a long post, so the simple answer (in my opinion) is that none of the synergies are absolutely "necessary" for Ghost to be the god that she is, but they are very, very nice to have.

1. Wasp synergy, this is a really helpful synergy, your special attacks while phasing (which ideally should be the only way you launch your special attacks with Ghost) are unblockable. While this really saves a lot of time, it's in no way a necessity. You can very easily just land a Parry or bait out a heavy attack to smash your opponents with a special. It's nice to have though.

2. Ant Man synergy, +15% attack per buff on Ghost. This really enhances the damage, but as pro Ghost players would tell you, Ghost's damage is in no way lacking without this synergy, it's just a cherry on top kinda synergy. It's not needed.

3. The Hood synergy, in my opinion this is the most valuable synergy with Ghost. She's a beast without it, but with this synergy, she's almost invincible. She becomes indestructible while phasing, she will take no fun and interactive damage and can tank SP3's left and right without breaking a sweat. If I had to choose one synergy, it'd be this.

So in short, if you wanna buff up Ghost to her maximum potential, it's good to have all these synergies. But even without the synergies, she's still the beyond god tier badass she is.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i use her alone for AQs, dnt really need anyone.yes they make her insane but without them she is still pretty awesome& damage is still great if u intercept with specials or just stun >dashback>special
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Would argue that you even always need wasp. Here is a video how to always land your sp while phasing without wasp.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/d3ay1w/guide_for_using_ghost_without_wasp/
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If you run suicides I’d bring good, ant man isn’t needed though
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    edited September 2019
    I think ant-man is the only one needed. the Wasp is only if you cant time the sp2 to hit (its super easy to time them correctly) and Hood is just for tanking sp3s if needed.