**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Attack On the Nexus! Event and Special Objectives

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

I like the fact that Rank-Up resources are being given more attention with respect to side events as I personally think that August and September month are more shard and champion acquisition based. One change I would like to see however, is the increase in the ISO offered on completing alternate reality quests if these quests need "energy" (I refer to the in-game ones) to complete the paths. Otherwise it looks fine.

What are the special objectives and their rewards though??

You're gonna have to wait to see them, but there are some great rewards in there as well. You can earn a T2A, a few T4B, and a bunch of T4CC Fragments.
    I wouldn't call those "great" at this stage of the game.
    99.99% of the players of the game are not at your stage of the game. They are at a different stage of the game where those rewards are still very important.
    So Kabam shouldn't make content that end game players should want to play?
    No, that does not logically follow.
    Weak sauce
    I agree, but I was being polite.
    Pretending to not understand a response is not polite just to be clear.
    This is also something I chose not to point out, but since you seem to be expressing a desire for completeness, I also originally didn't want to point out the obvious straw man that is evident when you attempt to imply that suggesting that a large percentage of the playerbase might find the rewards desirable automatically makes the case that I feel Kabam shouldn't make content for the small percentage that doesn't.

That's like saying if I correct someone who says 2+2=5, I'm expressing hatred for odd numbers.
    Not true at all. So the issue is that you didn't understand what I'm saying to begin with. Kabam has the ability to make content for everyone. Excluding excitement in rewards from any segment of the player base including the smallest sector which is the end game players just isn't well designed. Me wanting rewards that make my time worth it doesn't exclude a small percentage of the player base.
    They can't account for individual excitement. What they CAN do is be as inclusive as possible for what people at key points in the game can use.

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

I like the fact that Rank-Up resources are being given more attention with respect to side events as I personally think that August and September month are more shard and champion acquisition based. One change I would like to see however, is the increase in the ISO offered on completing alternate reality quests if these quests need "energy" (I refer to the in-game ones) to complete the paths. Otherwise it looks fine.

You're gonna have to wait to see them, but there are some great rewards in there as well. You can earn a T2A, a few T4B, and a bunch of T4CC Fragments.
    99.99% of the players of the game are not at your stage of the game. They are at a different stage of the game where those rewards are still very important.
    Weak sauce
    This is also something I chose not to point out, but since you seem to be expressing a desire for completeness, I also originally didn't want to point out the obvious straw man that is evident when you attempt to imply that suggesting that a large percentage of the playerbase might find the rewards desirable automatically makes the case that I feel Kabam shouldn't make content for the small percentage that doesn't.

That's like saying if I correct someone who says 2+2=5, I'm expressing hatred for odd numbers.
    Not true at all. So the issue is that you didn't understand what I'm saying to begin with. Kabam has the ability to make content for everyone. Excluding excitement in rewards from any segment of the player base including the smallest sector which is the end game players just isn't well designed. Me wanting rewards that make my time worth it doesn't exclude a small percentage of the player base.
    They can't account for individual excitement. What they CAN do is be as inclusive as possible for what people at key points in the game can use.
    They're being exclusive. Have you not read my post, I'm excluded. It's not worth my time. There's no other way to say it.
    I'm not arguing your feedback. If you feel it's not worth your time, I respect that. What I'm saying is they can't account for individual circumstances and what excites us on a personal level. This month, they're focusing on Mats. They're not excluding anyone in that because they're offering the highest you can attain.
  • DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

Weak sauce

No, I understood just fine. Your statement only contradicts mine, or is even relevant to mine at all, if you believe it is possible for Kabam to make a set of rewards for the event which everyone would agree were worthwhile, that were not so ridiculously high that even proposing them would be ludicrous.

This would seem to be something trivial to demonstrate, if it were true. It would take less time to show, then to argue that it could be shown.
  • PoorlyMadePoorlyMade Posts: 55
    Buff Rewards and lower Energy Costs and I'd consider. This month's quest is honestly quite difficult because of my lack of high rank champs
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Buff Rewards and lower Energy Costs and I'd consider. This month's quest is honestly quite difficult because of my lack of high rank champs

It'll get easier. Just work on getting into better alliances. For an experienced player you won't even use a revive for that difficulty.
  • @Kabam Miike, can you please confirm:
    Are only heroes or villains allowed to enter the Nexus?
    What about all those mercenaries or "Thanos' children"?

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

That's what the easier difficulties are for. The highest difficulty shouldn't be giving out rewards for mid-tier players.
    Know anything higher than T2A and T5B?

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

That's what the easier difficulties are for. The highest difficulty shouldn't be giving out rewards for mid-tier players.
    Know anything higher than T2A and T5B?
    Yes T5 class catalysts frags. You're flat out incorrect.
    They're not going to distribute those that easily. As I already said, they're supposed to be rare. As rare as possible. R3 6*s isn't something that you just throw into the game.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    What will be the energy cost of each anomaly ?
  • r3dyr3dy Posts: 30
    The rewards are low for each difficulty. These kinds of rewards were meh a year ago

Hopefully the paths are short and the energy cost is low.
  • DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

I'm not sure what you consider a mid-tier player. But how high a player can reach depends on both their roster and their skill level. The more skill they have, the higher difficulty they can complete with a lower level roster. A high tier skill player with a mid tier roster would get more benefit out of a set of rewards than a lower tier skill player with a higher tier roster. Those rewards probably will be less interesting for a player with lower skill and higher roster than they would be for a player with higher skill and lower roster. Which is what we should be rewarding.

The problem is at the very very top, there isn't much content that pushes the high skill and high roster players. And part of the problem is most games can't both challenge those players and hand out the rewards such super high challenge content would ordinarily deserve, because it would allow the top tier players to advance too quickly. We have things like 6* champs that can absorb some high end effort and resources, but we don't have the kinds of systems that MMOs use to directly reward end game players with the kinds of things that would interest them and allow them to compete with each other without also obliterating everyone below them. I'm not sure what the best solution to that problem is at the moment.
  • Dark1990Dark1990 Posts: 4
    Rubbish rewards
  • DadOfThanosDadOfThanos Posts: 37
    I got a lot of amazing champs this past month, so all these rank up resources are really good for me. But, I do feel like crystal shards are almost a lock in for rewards. After all, it is a game about collecting champions. You guys at Kabam should know that by now.
  • The good thing about this is, I will play just to get all the resources I needed to rank up my champs and at the same time, use the remaining time to focus on the Story Quest, Alliance Wars/ Quest and the Dungeons. However, I agree with the majority of the sentiments here. At least, a 4, 5, 6 * shards should have been included in the rewards. It's what gives excitement to this game, the prospect of gaining new champs in your roster. Without them, this side event is indeed, boring
  • MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    sooo no crystals or shards? This event looks rubbish, no offence @Kabam Miike. Please change something everyone on Youtube is also saying it's trash.
  • TheMartTheMart Posts: 22
    Very poor rewards for the time invested. Don't mind class restrictions but please give us some hype to get us excited about the side quests. Add in some Cavs for completing the week.
  • AknylmzAknylmz Posts: 38

Question regarding the final two days.

If we have explored all previous 5 days for say master and epic, would we be able to enter the corresponding Nexus of all realities 5 times and get the rewards 5 times on days 6/7?

@Kabam Miike I wonder the answer to this question