**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Rebalancing to Namor and Invisble Woman?

OwlkitOwlkit Posts: 61
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
According to the post "More Consistent Balance Changes Coming Your Way" on August 7
- "If (a champion) needs a small balance, up or down, we will notify the player base before it enters into the Basic Crystal Pool of Champions"

Namor entered the Basic Cystal Pool on Tuesday. Is there any news on potential changes to Namor (crossing fingers the answer is no) or Invisible Woman?

The same post says rebalancing changes would start being released in October. But the change log for the October Update does not list anything for Human Torch or Annihilus. My guess is that the controversery over Cull is causing more testing. I am assuming this is also why the updates to Old Man Logan and Colossus aren't being released in October. Though I was hoping that these four champs' updates were going to happen in October, I appreciate the extra time to fine tune.

Comments

• OwlkitOwlkit Posts: 61
    Thanks, I tried searching for posts but missed the two of yours.
    I’m thinking the timeline and communication for rebalancing of champs is being modified,
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I posted a similar thread and got no response, that makes me think they’re doing something but don’t want to say

They also said they would give no response if they did not think a change was needed at this time...
    That's very true, but I think it would cause less confusion if Kabam stated, "No rebalancing changes will be made to Namor and Invisible Woman." Since this is a new process and the last announcement happened well after champs were put into the Basic Crystal Pool it would be better to err on the side of too much communication.

• Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

I posted a similar thread and got no response, that makes me think they’re doing something but don’t want to say

They also said they would give no response if they did not think a change was needed at this time...
    They could at least reaffirm this, instead they think it's better to delete negative comments. Just a response would be appreciated to drive away uncertainty.
    arni2 said:

Namor is the champion that requires a lot of building to hit very hard. It’s not easy to implement it in areas like war or act 6. No reason to touch him

Hopefully that is the case.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Like completely lost it
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

arni2 said:

Namor is the champion that requires a lot of building to hit very hard. It’s not easy to implement it in areas like war or act 6. No reason to touch him

You've lost the plot if you think namor is less useful in war and act 6 than Cull.
    Pretty sure that's not what he said.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    edited September 2019

arni2 said:

You've lost the plot if you think namor is less useful in war and act 6 than Cull.
    Not really. They said they were concerned with Cull AFTER he was fully ramped up (10 charges). With his Armor Break, Thanos Favor and Rout he is insane fully ramped. Namor doesn’t have all those factors, he has ramp in every single fight, and only the fury and Outrage modify damage. I’m pretty sure nothing is surprising them with Namor like it is with Cull. But who knows, it’s Kabam we are talking about.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Idk why this question of namor keeps coming up. It’s almost like people can’t read...?

I understand not trusting kabam. But after their announcement of human torch buff, and the “more consistent” balance announcement they brought up Cull and Maw re-balancing.

They specifically said “starting in October”, and “after 3 months” from a champs release BEFORE they are in the basic.

Namor is in the basic, it’s September...

Or we could just flood the forums with useless whinny attitudes.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★

arni2 said:

This is not what I’ve said.... I’m using Namor in wars (you can see my videos). I said that it’s not so easy to use his max damage potential in wars, usually you won’t. Same in act 6.
    There are many champs...ghost...cough...cough.. that doesn’t require any special build up to do insane damage
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124
    This is the reason I'm waiting to rank 4 my Namor. I want to know his fate before I get stuck with a dead fish.
    Jaded said:

Idk why this question of namor keeps coming up. It’s almost like people can’t read...?

I understand not trusting kabam. But after their announcement of human torch buff, and the “more consistent” balance announcement they brought up Cull and Maw re-balancing.

They specifically said “starting in October”, and “after 3 months” from a champs release BEFORE they are in the basic.

I think some people (including me) read it as the changes in champs starts in October instead of the process.
    edited September 2019
    Owlkit said:

Jaded said:

I think some people (including me) read it as the changes in champs starts in October instead of the process.
    Perhaps, I know kabam always has a way to word their announcements to leave room for interpretation. But since namor is in the basic now and there has not been any announcement he’s safe for now. No champ is ever safe in the end. Gotta play your game the best you can.

arni2 said:

Not really. They said they were concerned with Cull AFTER he was fully ramped up (10 charges). With his Armor Break, Thanos Favor and Rout he is insane fully ramped. Namor doesn’t have all those factors, he has ramp in every single fight, and only the fury and Outrage modify damage. I’m pretty sure nothing is surprising them with Namor like it is with Cull. But who knows, it’s Kabam we are talking about.
    Who cares about what he's like fully ramped if it's not worth it getting there? I have a 5/65 200 Cull and Namor, care to guess which I actually use for anything more than messing around in EQ? Here's a hint, it's not Cull
    arni2 said:

arni2 said:

This is not what I’ve said.... I’m using Namor in wars (you can see my videos). I said that it’s not so easy to use his max damage potential in wars, usually you won’t. Same in act 6.
    There are many champs...ghost...cough...cough.. that doesn’t require any special build up to do insane damage
    Right, but if in their eyes, certainly not mine but they seem to feel so, that Cull warrants a nerf why would you think they're not looking at namor as well which tears through far more difficult and important content?

Jaded said:

Its bc Cull came out before Namor and is getting nerfed. Pretty simple
    No it’s not simple. They would have announced it already. Since he wasn’t in the basic when they first mentioned Cull and others being re-balanced. Now he’s out and it’s been weeks since anything new about champs being changed. It would mean nothing is happening to namor.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited September 2019
    I hope invisible woman will be changed, because she has some useless abilities.
    First of all, her pre-fight ability, susan gets +20% attack, but drains 5 of your force field every time she hits the opponent? No
    And an other thing I would like to have:
    If Invisibility isn't in cooldown, using Dexterity mastery activates the Invisibility. It starts paused until something that makes it "unpause" happen (I.e. a miss)
    Well, what if she Misses a hit and activates Dexterity before the Invisibility expires? She could return invisible (paused), because she activated Dexterity while the Invisibility wasn't in cool down (indeed it was expiring)

PS: like with ghost, I often faced the issue where you miss some hits and you can't intercept the enemy, because his fast reaction made him block or dodge my punch
    Dshu said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

No it’s not simple. They would have announced it already. Since he wasn’t in the basic when they first mentioned Cull and others being re-balanced. Now he’s out and it’s been weeks since anything new about champs being changed. It would mean nothing is happening to namor.
    Cull had already been added to the basic when he was announced so I'm confused why that post from kabam should set people's fears at ease
    I never said cull was in the basic or wasn’t...I said “He” to refer to namor.
    Dshu said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Cull had already been added to the basic when he was announced so I'm confused why that post from kabam should set people's fears at ease
    I know, and they said they will announce it before they go into the basic from now on...I never said cull wasn’t in the basic when they made those announcements.
    Ace_03 said:

Jaded said:

Dshu said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Dshu said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

I know, and they said they will announce it before they go into the basic from now on...I never said cull wasn’t in the basic when they made those announcements.
    Then what exactly are you trying to convey? Cull was in, rebalance was announced, people are asking if Namor will share the same fate, get over it and keep it moving if it "displeases" you, smh.
    Right. Obviously logic is beyond those that are asking if namor is going to get re-balanced. They would have announced it already. Proof is in their writing and announcements. So if those that want to disagree with this lacks common sense and reading comprehension...

Jaded said:

Dshu said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Dshu said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

They stated they would announce changes before champs entering the basic pool before they announced the Cull nerf who was already in the basic pool when they announced it. Come on man, this isn't that hard to check
    Right so by process of elimination they aren’t touching namor at this moment along with their re-balancing schedule.