**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Where to invest rank-up materials?

GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Now that 6*s are on the horizon, I think many of us are wondering if it's still worth it to invest t4 cats on 4*s. What are you going to do?

Where to invest rank-up materials? 66 votes

I will continue r5'ing my 4*s. 6*s (and max 5*s) are still a long way away)
28%
RagamugginGunnerSnizzbarHarcourtmazeDoctorAntManSmokinSurferAxeCopFirebeaupoemDragonfeiK1lltasticTROUBL3DMasterTroller42King_L0kiB34rAnonymous346BreybreyD_Ace_71Bumsy_BumIronBlaze09Knoxwrotenield04 19 votes
I will stop investing in 4*s completely and focus only on 5*s
22%
DJRipsterJimmyono82superunknown012CapWW2DukePurveyorTeddersSpartacus29AlCapone2727Drummer829buttersAvoabbasTRichLLGrimmbearDawgballs 15 votes
Will only focus on 6*s (as long as it's possible to rank them up and the first 6*s are not trash-tier)
1%
Danicb94 1 vote
I will hoard all rare rank up resources and wait to see how the game meta changes and then decide what to do
15%
rahul3038GbSarkarSw6bluezDrOctavius2_2Noob_2yrsTimone147Deadbyrd9ManiacalMeGQuantaoSummonerB2 10 votes
I have no idea what to do
16%
Etaki_LirakoiMcord11758Kronos987654321TheLazyKingOKAYGangPera5LewisTheLlamaThatsausageBerserk_NationnebR4GE 11 votes
This whole thing is a joke
7%
LocoMotivesTillerTheKillerDarkArrow07MilkthewhalesKratos_da_Chef 5 votes
I will quit this game!!!
7%
Spity68GohmaMrcMumbleHoidCosmereDEADLY_DEVIL 5 votes

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I will hoard all rare rank up resources and wait to see how the game meta changes and then decide what to do
    Also share what your strategy with opening crystals will be going forward.
    PSA: if you were planning on opening 5* crystals soon, do not open them before August 30th. Do it after getting 6*s shards from duping 5*s in enabled. Obviously, if it's your first 5* crystal, you don't need to wait
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    edited August 2017
    I stopped taking my 4* to rank 5 a while ago it's pointless.

With the addition of 6* now I wouldn't take my 5* to rank 5 either.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Rank whatever characters you need to keep you progressing. Maxing your 4*s will still help you if you need them at the moment. In the big picture, it does not matter one bit because T4CC and T4B are already handed out like candy and there is more than enough to go around for everyone if you keep playing. Even more so now, that they announced they will introduce more rank-up materials in the game. You'll never reach a point where you can't progress anymore because of something like T4CC.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I honestly don't know. They said they are not changing gold in the game so I feel like I shouldn't rank anything lower than a 5*, but why rank those when 6* are coming now?
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Im not sure. Most my 5*s haven't even seen r3 because they are all complete ass, so Im still dependent on maxed 4*s. But knowing 5* shards might be easier to get and the resources will be available to max them out I want to hold my resources for chances at good 5*s. The problem is resources will expire by then. So do I rank up 4*s who will eventually be obsolete due to 6*s, and the fact the game is being pushed towards 5*s. Or do I rank my garbage tier 5*s? Im pretty much at a loss with this 6* announcement
    R4GE wrote: »
    Im not sure. Most my 5*s haven't even seen r3 because they are all complete ass, so Im still dependent on maxed 4*s. But knowing 5* shards might be easier to get and the resources will be available to max them out I want to hold my resources for chances at good 5*s. The problem is resources will expire by then. So do I rank up 4*s who will eventually be obsolete due to 6*s, and the fact the game is being pushed towards 5*s. Or do I rank my garbage tier 5*s? Im pretty much at a loss with this 6* announcement

I'm on the same boat as you. I have some really good 4*s to r5 and some really bad 5*s to r3
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »

I'm on the same boat as you. I have some really good 4*s to r5 and some really bad 5*s to r3
    Knowing 6*s will be in the upcoming quests I don't see maxed 4*s holding up to the beating. So that along screams for me to not rank the 4*s. But than forces me to rank these lousy 5*s so my resources don't expire
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    This whole thing is a joke
    I clicked the wrong one, meant I don't know what to do. Was planning to save until Stark spidey came back in November, now not sure I will be playing be then.
    edited August 2017
    Im not one of those players who ever demand anything. But this does seem like one of those scenarios where rank down tickets could make the whole change a bit of an easier transition
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I'm only ranking useful 4*. Never wasted resources on **** but I'm not taking up my 5* until I see the 6*
    I clicked the wrong one, meant I don't know what to do. Was planning to save until Stark spidey came back in November, now not sure I will be playing be then.

Iirc, spark comes back in January. Could be wrong though
  • Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 223
    IDK what to do. A lot of the game is luck based. If ya have a 5 spin and get Spider-Gwen then ya have to wait about a month for another shot at a good 5. Then you have the other lucky dudes that have gotten a 5 SL so many times they are sick of getting him. No control of your future in the game IMO
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    The garbage...cause that's where everything ends up eventually.
  • GohmaGohma Posts: 32
    I will quit this game!!!
    The only thing that makes sense is using resources where you absolutely need them. I will not be ranking for prestige for some time... Im only ranking top 5 stars to get by until 6 stars come out. If 6 stars are **** tier then im hoarding 500k 6 star shards until they expand roster.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    I am kinda in a hold pattern myself. Too many questions, not enough answers at this point.
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    I'll focus on both 4 and 5*s, don't care about 6*s now, still a long way till that day come "everyone would have a 6* champ"...so I'm not worried