**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Time After Time Event Quest

12345679»

Comments

• Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    gahrling said:

One of the most disappointing aspects for me was the inconclusive story - you spend all this time hunting Kang, end up with Void.. and then nothing further is said after the fight, just a rewards screen : /

On a positive note I got a 5* Sinister from the crystal, so thanks for that.

I thought the exact same thing. Not even a teaser afterwards. Also please never do an event with this setup again. The champ gates are annoying and serve no real purpose. The extra paths on later chapters are tedious (keep 2/3 paths throughout and increase energy consumption).
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    gahrling said:

One of the most disappointing aspects for me was the inconclusive story - you spend all this time hunting Kang, end up with Void.. and then nothing further is said after the fight, just a rewards screen : /

On a positive note I got a 5* Sinister from the crystal, so thanks for that.

I have to agree. I go out of my way to read the stories since someone's spent time reading them. And this one was disappointing.

In the end, it's not a big deal. My bigger gripes is how tedious the last 2 chapters have been (it's pretty much a much crummier Gwenpool goes to the movies). It's so time consuming, that doing more than one (maybe 2) to try to farm the shards is pretty much out
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    Inconclusive endings to event stories are nothing fresh though. You get that with this month's main event. You fight Claire and.... what? nothing, that's what.

I will say the basic concept of this event is a good one, using Bishop and Cable time-travelling to explore the eras of Marvel history with the characters from each era as the opponents, but it's definitely let down by the fact that more routes per quest, five quests per era adds up to a slog and several fights against the same opponents in eras makes it seem repetitive. (Made worse if you not only have to fight the same boss 5 times but the fight before the boss twice because of the way the routes end) Character gates as a concept is all well and good, but not when using characters that have been released in the past 8 to 10 months that not everyone's going to have got and then being forced to grind 1v1 for the sake of one blipping character is even worse.

Overall, B+ could be better.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's possible there's a continuation to the story. No idea if that's the case, just saying.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Beefy 6* Void, 2 unique debuffs...

Reading is fundamental
  • djr17 said:

Beefy 6* Void, 2 unique debuffs...

Reading is fundamental

If this was in response to me, how exactly did Void inflict those debuffs?
    You said you had suicides. Void deals passive damage on you for every debuff on you. Void doesn't have to land those debuffs, he generates passive damage on you regardless of the source of the debuffs.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    SpiderGwen TAT Target pls
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Romo790 said:

I feel like I am forcing myself to finish epic. This quest feels way too long and is crushing my soul. I'm not even going to attempt to finish master because I would likely go insane.

Yeah I think everyone is in agreement that this quest was probably too long. I'm forcing myself to do all the difficulties only because I want as many shots a 5* heroes as possible.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Who is a good counter for Killmonger?
    I am working on Chapter 5 (Modern Age) Master Mode.

I have a small roster of 5* (Iceman, Havok, IronMan (OG), Vision, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Unstoppable Colossus, Juggernaut, Angela, Spidergwen, Luke Cage, Iron Patriot, and Agent Venom). Not all are beyond Rank 1 or Rank 2.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I'm going to echo the thought above that there should have been a conclusion. The story was - in its entirety - chasing down Kang for twenty chapters; so it was pretty disappointing not to ever catch up with him, even in a cutscene.

Aside from that, Good job - I think it's sustained my interest pretty well; and the rewards seemed okay for the effort.
    Well....pulled Thing so....I'm happy. In spite of the stress. XD
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Wow that's huge... He's the only one I want out of that crystal. Got about 50 of the GM Unified crystals and I'm waiting until the end of the event to pop them all along with the 5* unified crystal, hopefully my luck is as good as yours.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Wow. Congrats
    Thanks. I was expecting a Dup of one I wasn't too keen on, hoping for Sinister. I'll take Thing, though. I have HT at R3 too, so the Synergy will be interesting.
    I'm waiting for the Market to get back online. Would be amazing if I pull Sue from the Featured. I'd love to have all the F4 Champs sometime.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I got a new 5 star champion out of the event as well. No complaints from me lol.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    edited October 2019
    Will this event be extended by a day to end with the Arena and Shard Rewards from the (final?) Time Paradox Use? There are a few people I know who are missing one specific champion (Ghost and Thing seem to be the most common), and this has also been posted several times on Reddit as well, with players being unable to 100% all 4 difficulties due to one missing champion (or more for other players). While unlikely, the solo event ranking shards, or the current Arena milestone score crystals or 1v1 versus crystal might give them the specific champion they need to 100% the maps.

It just seems odd to end it without giving those players one last opportunity to use all of the shard crystals, Arena crystals and potential Versus Crystals to finish one mode with a gate based around randomness. Arena ends tomorrow at 10 AM PST, and as well by that point the final rank rewards from the solo event will be in. It would be better for the community to end it then, as that is the final chance to gain these champions from a more filtered chance.
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    Ebbtide said:

Will this event be extended by a day to end with the Arena and Shard Rewards from the (final?) Time Paradox Use? There are a few people I know who are missing one specific champion (Ghost and Thing seem to be the most common), and this has also been posted several times on Reddit as well, with players being unable to 100% all 4 difficulties due to one missing champion (or more for other players). While unlikely, the solo event ranking shards, or the current Arena milestone score crystals or 1v1 versus crystal might give them the specific champion they need to 100% the maps.

It just seems odd to end it without giving those players one last opportunity to use all of the shard crystals, Arena crystals and potential Versus Crystals to finish one mode with a gate based around randomness. Arena ends tomorrow at 10 AM PST, and as well by that point the final rank rewards from the solo event will be in. It would be better for the community to end it then, as that is the final chance to gain these champions from a more filtered chance.

Ghost is not a champion required to 100% this, I would also like to point out that you can get 2 star versions in the 1v1 arena which has every champion you need and that was added last Wednesday, so they aren't gonna postpone it another day because they gave people a week to get the required champions in the 1v1 arena.
  • Papa_SanPapa_San Posts: 6
    Just spent 750 units trying to acquire The Thing so I could finish the event quest on epic difficulty but ended up doing 98% exploration smh...this isn’t fair
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    This has been a horrible event for me, 44 crystals, and I got 2 4*s and the rest 3*s.
  • Dr_PhysicoDr_Physico Posts: 58
    What will happen to any leftover unified crystal shards? Will they just disappear, or maybe converted into premium hero crystal shards? (can't claim a full crystal with those 1850 leftover shards)