**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

AI Reactions

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
Okay. I've tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and observe all month, and I think we need to have a serious discussion about the AI and the speed it reacts. TAT was just unnecessarily painful because of the reaction times. All month long, what I saw was noticeable. The AI would either hold Block until you advanced, and then it would whiff you, or speed up and leave little room to respond. I saw AI move farther across the screen than normal, Block hits immediately, Evade back on a dime when you're charging towards it, stop short of Parries, freeze your Evade while executing Specials (Not True Strike), speed up or slow down depending on what you're trying to perform, continuously execute from Combo to Combo while you're trying to hold Block, just to list a few things. I understand that these things have been talked about before, and I'm not saying it's intentional or trying to incite any sort of controversy. This isn't a rant. I just want to stress that this needs to be looked at. The one issue I've had throughout my time is consistency with AI. That needs to be a priority. With everything else going on in terms of Champs, Nodes, and new Abilities, having issues with speed and controls is not only detrimental to game play, it also affects the overall experience of content. I'm sorry if this seems venting, not really trying to come across as such. I've just tried to stay silent about it all month, and I have to bring it up because it's been a pretty frustrating go this month.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Run that by me again? Lol.
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    I agree. The ai changes from instant block, evading back with the skill of a Russian ballerina. Instant dash across screen to attack, parry and block being unreliable. The ai ability to stop mid action and start another action which we can’t do. None of which is in every fight but about 20%+ of fights makes the game more miserable to play.

I like this game the art is amazing love marvel I don’t want to quit but feeling like your being screwed with these changes takes the joy out of playing. A game is for fun not for feeling dread to play. It’s good in the short term for more revives etc but losing people and revenue in the long run.

The best feedback I’ve seen is the dead pool special challenge. Everyone loved it, it wasn’t overly difficult and the rewards weren’t great but we loved it. Take that as the best path to take moving forward.
    EgretM4 said:

I agree. The ai changes from instant block, evading back with the skill of a Russian ballerina. Instant dash across screen to attack, parry and block being unreliable. The ai ability to stop mid action and start another action which we can’t do. None of which is in every fight but about 20%+ of fights makes the game more miserable to play.

I like this game the art is amazing love marvel I don’t want to quit but feeling like your being screwed with these changes takes the joy out of playing. A game is for fun not for feeling dread to play. It’s good in the short term for more revives etc but losing people and revenue in the long run.

The best feedback I’ve seen is the dead pool special challenge. Everyone loved it, it wasn’t overly difficult and the rewards weren’t great but we loved it. Take that as the best path to take moving forward.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're trying to screw us. Fact is, I have no idea what's causing it. I have a number of theories, but I have no idea. All I know is I've been frustrated with it all month. I'm pretty adamant about my views on consistent speed and movement. It's the one thing that has to remain the same for the game to function properly on our end. I gave feedback on TAT, and I still don't care for the increasing difficulty format, but I went back to it and I realized a big part of my experience was the AI reactions. The Quest itself doesn't pose a great deal of problems. AI that reacts that way is just compounding the difficulty and it has an effect on enjoying it.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

EgretM4 said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're trying to screw us. Fact is, I have no idea what's causing it. I have a number of theories, but I have no idea. All I know is I've been frustrated with it all month. I'm pretty adamant about my views on consistent speed and movement. It's the one thing that has to remain the same for the game to function properly on our end. I gave feedback on TAT, and I still don't care for the increasing difficulty format, but I went back to it and I realized a big part of my experience was the AI reactions. The Quest itself doesn't pose a great deal of problems. AI that reacts that way is just compounding the difficulty and it has an effect on enjoying it.
    Nothing has to remain the same. If they want to change the speed and movement on the opponent that is completely acceptable. If you read the tos they reserve the right to make changes to the game at any time. I'm sure they have they are doing it for the betterment of the game and we has players need to except this since it was done with our best interests in mind.
    I also use quake on all my teams and just hold block the entire fight to spam stun so the ai doesn't really change and I haven't done tat yet
    edited September 2019

This thread is so scripted and we can all see through it.

Point is the AI is a joke and has been for months. There’s no doubt it’s changed and there’s also no doubt that Kabam are avoiding it. They can change it yes but declare it like every other change in the game...

Again, the AI is a joke

According to the tos they can make changes to the game at any time. It is their property and we are just paying for the use of it. It doesn't state that any changes have to notify the player base. Apologies @Starlord27 this comment is directed to the threads original poster. Also starlord is played by chris pratt who's son would rather dress as thor than sl. This isn't relevant to the original thread just information that has been shared in tabloids and I like pizza. Trying to keep my posts grounded in wisdom
    Trying to troll my Thread? Yep.
    EgretM4 said:

It's funny you say 20%. Most of mine have been the same. It used to be that I could keep trying to get cooperative AI. Not so much now. I've stopped and started all month and the Fights that allow reasonable windows are few.
    You're spamming the same comment in my Thread, one that's close to what I said and taken out of context. Doesn't even pertain to what I brought up, just takes the pi$$ out of me. So, yeah. I call it what it is.

EgretM4 said:

It's funny you say 20%. Most of mine have been the same. It used to be that I could keep trying to get cooperative AI. Not so much now. I've stopped and started all month and the Fights that allow reasonable windows are few.
    What evidence do you have that the ai has changed or that it happens 20% of the time? Sounds like more tinfoil hat conspiracies
    ......and Ignore.
    By spamming my Thread then spamming the Disagree Button? K buds..I'm putting you on Ignore. Don't expect another response.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I do notice the AI feinting attacks against champs I use parry-heavy with. CaIW, AA etc. They seem to attack, you hit block to get the parry, they stop attacking, you miss the parry and it turns into a block.

To me, this is a sign that the AI is adjusting to my moves.

When I notice CaIW isn't getting parry optiins, I'll do 3 fights without parry heavies and the AI decides it should be aggressive again for a few fights.
    edited September 2019
    Marri_2 said:

I do notice the AI feinting attacks against champs I use parry-heavy with. CaIW, AA etc. They seem to attack, you hit block to get the parry, they stop attacking, you miss the parry and it turns into a block.

To me, this is a sign that the AI is adjusting to my moves.

When I notice CaIW isn't getting parry optiins, I'll do 3 fights without parry heavies and the AI decides it should be aggressive again for a few fights.

As stated to the original poster of this thread. The tos gives them the right to make changes without notifying the players. Also if you use quake and hold block the whole fight you don't need to be concerned with the ai
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Kabam can change the AI speed as they see fit, players have to "GET GUD"... blah blah blah!!

I hope you're on Kabam payroll the way you're defending them, you guys are annoying. 😂

BUT... "The AI ability to stop mid action and start another action which we can’t do" - somebody commented this earlier, which is the big problem with me. AI does a dash, and stop mid-dash to block, evade or activate a special attack.
    edited September 2019
    I am most definitely not on kabam's payroll. The original poster stated they expect consistency in the ai. This is not something you can expect since the tos states they can make changes at any time. I'm merely trying to keep this thread grounded and add some wisdom by suggesting if you struggle to add quake to all your teams. By holding block the whole fight you can quake your opponent to death regardless of the ai. Also I don't like pineapple pizza
    Accusing

Kabam can change the AI speed as they see fit, players have to "GET GUD"... blah blah blah!!

I hope you're on Kabam payroll the way you're defending them, you guys are annoying. 😂

BUT... "The AI ability to stop mid action and start another action which we can’t do" - somebody commented this earlier, which is the big problem with me. AI does a dash, and stop mid-dash to block, evade or activate a special attack.

He's just taking comments I made on the Cull Thread and spamming them out of context here. I didn't say they changed it at all. I said I've noticed the differences. Don't pay attention to it. It's just because I posted something.
This discussion has been closed.