**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Namor balance changes

NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
Now that Namor is in the basic crystal does that mean he is not getting a balance change? We were told the balance changes would come before champs were released into the basic crystal. Since Namor is now in the basic does that mean he isnt getting changed? I'm just wanting to be sure on this. I searched Namor and didnt see any posts about this since his release in the basic. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    If he does get changed, we must get some kind of hard line on when champs are somewhat safe. I know the old argument that champs are never safe and they can change them whenever they want. We were originally told the cutoff was before champs entered the basic pool. This would make it 2 for 2 that hasnt happened. We need some kind of idea of when it is safe to use resources and rank champs without worrying they will be changed the following day.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    If they don't say anything that means that they must be thinking about nerfing him?

I'm sorry which alternative dimension did I walk into where no information automatically means bad things will happen, because I'd like to get back to Earth please.
    @ItsDamien with a bunch of ppl wondering if he will be changed, most earthlings would think they would simply say he isnt being changed if they know. By not saying anything it seems to be they either dont know or arent sure yet. Otherwise they would inform the community.
    Neotwism said:

@ItsDamien with a bunch of ppl wondering if he will be changed, most earthlings would think they would simply say he isnt being changed if they know. By not saying anything it seems to be they either dont know or arent sure yet. Otherwise they would inform the community.

But they already stated "We will let you know about balancing changes before they enter the basic pool".

He's in the basic pool. Why do they need to confirm further that he will or won't be changed. Its implied that if they don't announce anything prior to entering the basic, they're not making changes.
    @ItsDamien how did that work out for Cull? We found out after he was in the basic. Thats why ppl r wanting confirmation this time. That isnt alot to ask I don't think. Its a fairly new program being implemented and until it gets all figured out some ppl just want some clarification. What is wrong with that?
    Neotwism said:

@ItsDamien how did that work out for Cull? We found out after he was in the basic. Thats why ppl r wanting confirmation this time. That isnt alot to ask I don't think. Its a fairly new program being implemented and until it gets all figured out some ppl just want some clarification. What is wrong with that?

That's because Cull was in the basic BEFORE they announced how they were going about balancing in the future. They can't retroactively go back and announce things.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    They're not just changing any and all Champs automatically. If there's a need, they will tweak them. They're also not automatically changing any Champ just because we like them. I think it's just best not to react until we actually hear something.
    Wrong, cull was added to the basic 1 week before they said he would be getting rebalanced. They already had stated months ago they were doing this program. They even said they missed the mark on this one. Why r u arguing when ppl just are asking for clarification on a new program? What is wrong with that? It seems like u just want to argue. I dont want this thread derailed and closed because of ppl arguing over small technicalitites or comments ppl make.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    They said Maw and Cull missed the mark, and people asked them to buff Maw. So they went back.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Neotwism said:

That's because Cull was in the basic BEFORE they announced how they were going about balancing in the future. They can't retroactively go back and announce things.
    Pretty sure that's not true but I'm not sure where to find the exact date he was added
    Neotwism said:

Wrong, cull was added to the basic 1 week before they said he would be getting rebalanced. They already had stated months ago they were doing this program. They even said they missed the mark on this one. Why r u arguing when ppl just are asking for clarification on a new program? What is wrong with that? It seems like u just want to argue. I dont want this thread derailed and closed because of ppl arguing over small technicalitites or comments ppl make.

Not sure on the timeframe but I'm pretty sure this is at least close to how it went. They announced letting us know before champs got added to basic when they announced torch and anni, some time later cull got added to basic, then shortly after that cull rebalance was announced
  • ItsDamien said:

If they don't say anything that means that they must be thinking about nerfing him?

I'm sorry which alternative dimension did I walk into where no information automatically means bad things will happen, because I'd like to get back to Earth please.

Because that’s usually how Kabam rolls. This is the company that released class awakening deal (which a lot of people bought to awaken god-tier champs) and then a week later nerfed those champs into the ground.

This is the Kabam dimension.
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    edited September 2019

ItsDamien said:

Neotwism said:

Pretty sure that's not true but I'm not sure where to find the exact date he was added
    You can look for eternity but you won't find anything backing up your point. Cull was in the basic crystal when they decided he needed a nerf. Now I'm pretty sure Ebony Maw was not yet in the basic crystal, but Cull 100% was in it.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    They already added him to the basic they better not touch him.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Why would they stop at Namor? Why wouldn't they nerf Aegon or any of the 2019 champions? Yeah, they opened a can of worms with these retcon tweaks, but the only reason why I don't freak out is because it is obviously necessary. The alternative is the Blade syndrome and the sudden non-existing Villain tags.
    WillieB said:

ItsDamien said:

Neotwism said:

You can look for eternity but you won't find anything backing up your point. Cull was in the basic crystal when they decided he needed a nerf. Now I'm pretty sure Ebony Maw was not yet in the basic crystal, but Cull 100% was in it.
    I've said that he was already. I was saying that he wasn't already in the basic when they announced the rebalance schedules and said that we'd know before champs entered the basic
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I posted this in another Is Namor getting nerfed post. But basically Cull went into the basic on Aug 27th and the announcement to nerf Cull happened Sept 11.
    RoninMan said:

I posted this in another Is Namor getting nerfed post. But basically Cull went into the basic on Aug 27th and the announcement to nerf Cull happened Sept 11.

And the announcement of the balance changes in general and saying we'd know about it before they entered the basic pool came out well before both of those dates
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

RoninMan said:

And the announcement of the balance changes in general and saying we'd know about it before they entered the basic pool came out well before both of those dates
    The announcement came Aug 7th but in the announcement it said there will be another announcement before the champion would be added to the basic.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

Why would they stop at Namor? Why wouldn't they nerf Aegon or any of the 2019 champions? Yeah, they opened a can of worms with these retcon tweaks, but the only reason why I don't freak out is because it is obviously necessary. The alternative is the Blade syndrome and the sudden non-existing Villain tags.

Because there are specific traits they look for, in order to push for rebalancing. Mainly burst damage and very strong utility, AEgon is a ramp up champion.

There was no Blade syndrome, there was however a mystic syndrome in wars and a lot of unavoidable damage with very little deterrents, Dormammu, Magik, Mephisto, Blade was created for this. Only 1/3 of champs we're villains and it's still around that percent, many villains have been released this year as well.

Just because team thanos, sabretooth and aarkus escaped the dread of danger sense, doesn't mean villain tags are non-existing and Blade broke the game, the game was unbalanced with MD and mystic defenders and Blade shred through them, the unbalancing went in our favor and that's why it was seen as a horrible thing, yet when it was the other way around, the ones who benefited saw this as a non issue.

It's all a matter of perspective.
    It is very clear the Thanos champions, ST and Aarkus weren't properly tagged because they would be Blade lunch. I think you can't possibly deny that. Blade syndrome does exist. If Kabam can "cheat", they will.

Ace_03 said:

Because there are specific traits they look for, in order to push for rebalancing. Mainly burst damage and very strong utility, AEgon is a ramp up champion.

There was no Blade syndrome, there was however a mystic syndrome in wars and a lot of unavoidable damage with very little deterrents, Dormammu, Magik, Mephisto, Blade was created for this. Only 1/3 of champs we're villains and it's still around that percent, many villains have been released this year as well.

Just because team thanos, sabretooth and aarkus escaped the dread of danger sense, doesn't mean villain tags are non-existing and Blade broke the game, the game was unbalanced with MD and mystic defenders and Blade shred through them, the unbalancing went in our favor and that's why it was seen as a horrible thing, yet when it was the other way around, the ones who benefited saw this as a non issue.

It is very clear the Thanos champions, ST and Aarkus weren't properly tagged because they would be Blade lunch. I think you can't possibly deny that. Blade syndrome does exist. If Kabam can "cheat", they will.
    It's not cheating when champs are not tagged so that Blade can counter them just bc you want him to. It's just called game balance
    @RoninMan thanks for the exact dates. I knew it was at least a week. I guess it was closer to two weeks apart. Once Cull was in the basic I thought he was safe. That is why I would like some clarification on Namor. They have crystals with him for units right now and I am sure ppl would like to know if he will be changed before purchasing them besides the ppl that already have him.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

They said Maw and Cull missed the mark, and people asked them to buff Maw. So they went back.

people asked them to buff/rework Diablo as well, did they go back an announced anything for him?
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I have a feeling they will nerf him a bit. Stay tuned for the fun.
    Ace_03 said:

Ace_03 said:

It's not cheating when champs are not tagged so that Blade can counter them just bc you want him to. It's just called game balance
    Selective pettiness then.
    Balancing the game isn't pettiness either. It's just balancing. Being snarky and calling something cheating just bc you dont like it, IS petty though.