**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Blade worth R5/65 undup?

CraaashCraaash Posts: 8
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Unfortunately my 5* Blade is waiting for his duplication for a while now. Is he worth R5 undup?

Is Blade worth R5/65 undup? 62 votes

Yes, definitely
38%
Spity68RazorDevilINTEGRALSavio444Baseballguy711SpiderCoolsMilesHolmwoodHunter44Ffm1899LibertyPrimeV1MegaGalacticColonaut123BowTieJohnZombieZedddoctorbLordNeoX_Factor_AgentLoctiteSuperGlueBatman1903Etjama 24 votes
No, wait for dup
61%
GamerJOHNOSA1995CFreebuffajrFeeney234GAM3RGUYTerraKossukoseBajjsbwuqjwFoxhero007Lvernon15SiddhantKwatraDOKTOROKTOPUSThecurlerNojokejaymOsfan8DingaloJyotishkaPeterQuillCaptain_2good 38 votes

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes, definitely
    If you have GR and Sparky. You'll usually use all 3 of em together and GR already has amazing sustainability. You'd be using Blade for any Villains, Dimensional Beings and probably Science champions (depending on the situation). If you don't have GR and Sparky, I'd probably wait for the dupe.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Hes barely worth 5/65 duped with max sig anymore
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    No, wait for dup
    Still didn't take mine duped to r4, even with no other skill champ to use r4 gem on
  • I have Sparky and GR only as 4* Champs.
    5* skill are Ægon R5 Sig 174 and Gwen R4 Sig 20.
    Lol seems like some people just cant let relying on blade for everything go. Guess that's why we still get people crying about champ tags
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    No, wait for dup

Hes still a top 3 skill champ so not sure what you are getting at, is he as good as he once was? Nah but hes definitely still great and has many uses. I wish I had a blade at rank 5, would make 6.1 exploration much much easier.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yes, definitely

You mad bro? O_o

You mad bro? O_o
    Far from it. I have blade along with every other 5* champ in the game barring the limited release trophies. 15 of them are R5 along with 5 R2 6*s. Blade certainly isn't nor will he be one of them is all I'm saying.

He's a good champ sure but his value is dropping almost daily. Useful for someone that's had him ranked for a while now but I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone taking him to R5 currently is all.

You mad bro? O_o
    Far from it. I have blade along with every other 5* champ in the game barring the limited release trophies. 15 of them are R5 along with 5 R2 6*s. Blade certainly isn't nor will he be one of them is all I'm saying.

He's a good champ sure but his value is dropping almost daily. Useful for someone that's had him ranked for a while now but I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone taking him to R5 currently is all.
    Wow. Just wow. Don't take this man (I assume) advice, folks. Blade is still worth ranking-up and his value isn't dropping by the day. There are only two other skill champions better than him, and one of them has a mandatory sig (Aegon).
    Skill is a fairly weak class so that isn't really saying a whole lot honestly. I don't even disagree that there are probably only two skill better than him currently but that's just the skill class. There's plenty of other class champs that are far more useful currently.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    No, wait for dup
    Hand on heart, Blade and Corvus are my least used R4’s or higher. I used to use blade in AQ but now I just use a 4* Claire Voyant and it’s much smoother. Does what he needs to at R4, and definitely don’t take him to R5 if you’re working on Act 6 and don’t have the 5* synergies
    No, wait for dup

You mad bro? O_o

Wow. Just wow. Don't take this man (I assume) advice, folks. Blade is still worth ranking-up and his value isn't dropping by the day. There are only two other skill champions better than him, and one of them has a mandatory sig (Aegon).
    Skill is a fairly weak class so that isn't really saying a whole lot honestly. I don't even disagree that there are probably only two skill better than him currently but that's just the skill class. There's plenty of other class champs that are far more useful currently.
    Its funny cuz mystic and tech are weaker than skill right now. Blade is still high on the list for several endgame players and has a ton of utility. Not everyone has all the champs in the game. Blade is def a rank 5 option for the vast majority of the playerbase and saying otherwise is plain bad advice.

You mad bro? O_o

Its funny cuz mystic and tech are weaker than skill right now. Blade is still high on the list for several endgame players and has a ton of utility. Not everyone has all the champs in the game. Blade is def a rank 5 option for the vast majority of the playerbase and saying otherwise is plain bad advice.
    Blade may still get used occasionally by some end game players but I really dont think hes considered high on the list for many at all. We have one blade in my AQ bg. Wouldn't call that too high on the list.

I never said he was a bad champ but fights he counters are more and more limited these days and his prestige is well behind the pack for anything worth mentioning. I just dont feel hes a good choice for a new rank up personally. MAYBE with a gem but certainly not t5b
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The only downside to Blade (for me personally) is that he's quite boring to play.
    No, wait for dup

You mad bro? O_o

Blade may still get used occasionally by some end game players but I really dont think hes considered high on the list for many at all. We have one blade in my AQ bg. Wouldn't call that too high on the list.

I never said he was a bad champ but fights he counters are more and more limited these days and his prestige is well behind the pack for anything worth mentioning. I just dont feel hes a good choice for a new rank up personally. MAYBE with a gem but certainly not t5b
    Again i dont think you are reading the comments opposing you properly. Not every has the roster you have or the ones with 1 mil rating plus. Not everyone has unlimited options to rank 5. Blade is great for Elders bane, Great for Act 6.1(idk about 6.2 havent seen too much gameplay of that so far), Great for variant 1, good for some fights in Variant 2, Great for LoL, Used a ton in gold 1 to plat 3 alliances and I am sure there are more below that(I know cuz I am in that range). Maybe blade isnt worth rank 5 for you since you have dozens of 6 stars and almost every 5 stars but 99% of the playerbase who are looking to rank 5 someone doesnt and blade is def worth rank 5(dont talk to endgame players that much but most CC rate blade in the top 2 brackets)
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    No, wait for dup
    He’s worth 5/65 but I wouldn’t do it unless he’s duped.

When I ranked mine there wasn’t the huge difference in damage output I was expecting, but his sustainability improved a lot.

Also I do agree to an extent with what worknprogress is saying. Blade is a great champ but he can do nearly all of what you need him to do at r4 because when danger sense is active he’s tearing through it. If it isn’t a danger sense fight, there’s normally a better option.