**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awaken magik or dr voodoo?

I got a mystic awakening gem and I can’t decide who to awaken and bring to rank 4

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    I think they're both good (have both as awakened 5* at r4). My preference is majik. Once I corner enemy and just keep doing sp2, I literally can keep them from using special for rest of fight.
  • ZanthropicZanthropic Posts: 99
    For me, while magik is an epic powerlock champ, doctor voodoo has alot more utility imo. I use him way more than my magik
  • Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    I think magik is overall better than voodoo, but voodoo gets more benefit from being awakened. Magik does what she needs to unawakened, it's just a nice to have. I believe voodoo also has really good prestige if that's something you need as well.

Overall, can't really go wrong with either of them, but I would do Magik personally. She's much closer to the meta than Voodoo is at the moment
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Dr voodoo needs the awaken more than magik
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited September 2019
    I agree with those above. Voodoo really needs to be awakened to be effective. That will guarantee the poisons on SP1 and improve the power burn on SP2

Magik's awakened ability will help proc limbo on a bar of power, which really nice (good damage buffer and deals a bit more damage) but she's still a great power control champion without it.

In the end, though, if you think you're going to use Magik all the time and probably won't use VD, then focus on building up Magik. And if this is a 5* rank 4 you're considering, you'll want to really think what you plan to use them for
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Voodoo, he needs it more