**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Moved to free to play myself. Mods, why aren't we getting any substantial communication here? I think we as the community have done what was asked and provided lots of information but not seen any fruits of doing these things

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    Something is very off with the timings of our champions, as they can hit us during our heavy attacks, I got intercepted in the middle of a Archangel heavy attack, who does that, they can evade and hit us when we hit their block, and they can evade and block many of our special attacks as soon as we launch it after we hit them with a combo of 4 or 5 hits with or without a medium finish, the AI is fast or our champions are slow so that they get all sort of openings to hit us or evade.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Holy ****!

from their changelog...

Why hasn't a mod told us about this being worked on, and progress?
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Dungeon 7, Room 3

Omega Red vs Iceman - Iceman dashed back between my 2nd and 3rd hit in a MLL... combo. AI is still cranked up too fast and responds when there should not be a window to respond.
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    In arena today : Omega Red vs Winter Soldier.

Winter Soldier dashed back while i was hitting his block then launched a special. I wasn't slow hitting.
    So this is still happening, apparently :|

I'll try to record another fight.
  • Ak_555Ak_555 Posts: 19
    I think the reason that we weren’t told it was being worked on is because it wasn’t! The note in the release notes is just there to make everyone feel like they’re trying, However, like every bug detrimental to the player it will take months to acknowledge and then even longer to fix. If the player was suddenly able to do this it would be fixed before the end of the day!

Having updated the game I have seen no improvement whatsoever, it might actually be worse. In variant 3 Hulk Ragnarok happily smashed me with a special a few times whilst I was hitting his block with Stark Spidey and few other tech champs. Then in arena, multiple champs have done the same, or release block when I’m hitting them to get hit, dodge, or release a special.

But hey, at least iron patriot can’t chain into a heavy anymore!
    I have seen the 10 hit combo a couple of times as well; I wondered if I had mis-hit my attack, but think it is maybe just symptomatic of the AI ramp up that we’ve steadily seen over the last year. Their all round reaction times have become deeply unfair in a number of areas, this includes from parries - trying to wind up some of the slower heavies has become risky at best!
    Ak_555 said:

I think the reason that we weren’t told it was being worked on is because it wasn’t! The note in the release notes is just there to make everyone feel like they’re trying, However, like every bug detrimental to the player it will take months to acknowledge and then even longer to fix. If the player was suddenly able to do this it would be fixed before the end of the day!

Having updated the game I have seen no improvement whatsoever, it might actually be worse. In variant 3 Hulk Ragnarok happily smashed me with a special a few times whilst I was hitting his block with Stark Spidey and few other tech champs. Then in arena, multiple champs have done the same, or release block when I’m hitting them to get hit, dodge, or release a special.

But hey, at least iron patriot can’t chain into a heavy anymore!

I can confirm.

I had OG Vision launch a special while GR was hitting into his block.
    I had Void hitting into OG Cap's block, and he fired a special as well.

So, no, not fixed at all. :(

• gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Happened to me twice today.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Been hit by 2 special attacks while i build analysis with sentinel in variant 3. They are also able to evade out while i hit into the block. It is causing unnecessary use for potions and revives...
    Savio444 said:

Been hit by 2 special attacks while i build analysis with sentinel in variant 3. They are also able to evade out while i hit into the block. It is causing unnecessary use for potions and revives...

Sadly that’s probably why this isn’t getting properly acknowledged, or looked at!

Having read through a number of posts on the forums lately I suspect it is all linked to the enhancements to the AI. Their reactions times are incredible now, which is likely why they are able to do things in between hits of your combo - even though the player can’t. They are now capable of doing a lot that the player isn’t, with no acknowledgement that changes have been made from Kabam.

It isnt an ai issue. Its a game engine issue. We can actually launch special while ai hits our block. A member posted a video of it in another thread.

What thread would that be? I have tried many times to launch a special while AI is hitting into my block, and it never works.

Since the AI can still launch specials while you are hitting their block, this points to a timing issue.

• MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    NC can drop his timer for swapping modes without dropping block, even mid blocking special.
    Hood can drop his invisibility timer the same.
    Hyperion can drop his 3 charges to regen timer as well.

Only the AI can do this. A player cannot do the same.
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Somehow I feel backdraft intercept failure and this is connected ... the AI is not getting locked in place like you do when blocking a combo.. they are able to perform actions .. hence why they can launch specials .. or dash at you immediately when you dash back ... The AI needs to be locked in place while blocking like we're and like it used to ..

Actually we're not locked into place ,, if you tap block at the same time the opponent is hitting into you .. each time they do it while they are on a combo roll hits ~ you can get a parry on the 2nd / 3rd / or 4th hit ..
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    This bug is really annoying and not fixed in the latest update.
    It's like the AI is cheating...terrible game experience!!!
    @Kabam Miike
This discussion has been closed.