**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Attack On the Nexus! Event and Special Objectives

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Why is everyone complaining about terrible rewards for 'endgame' players. Yea sure they aren't the best. But its not always about endgame players. Mid tier and beginner players matter too. For master you can get 1 t1 alpha for 5 of the 7 days a week, might not benefit the older players as much as the newer players. From a producers standpoint, you want people to keep using your product, which means Kabam needs to make the rewards targeted to players with a small and players with an expanding roster.

What's the point of having 4-5 difficulties if you're not going to cater to everyone?
    The point is to target as many difficulty points as possible, but there's no way to target everyone with only four or five. That's simply impossible. Just looking at the typical monthly and special event quest difficulties, it is obvious that even with Normal, Heroic, Master, and Uncollected/Epic we're skipping over a lot of players: most players are falling in between the huge gaps in those and have to work upward towards difficulty tiers far above them. There's nowhere you could put a tier higher than UC or Epic that wouldn't also miss most of the players above UC/Epic, assuming you wanted to add an additional difficulty tier.

Also, the playerbase gets thinner as you go higher. The simple numbers are that there are tons of players for whom Normal is the closest reasonable difficulty. Ditto for Heroic, Master, and UC. But a hypothetical Cav difficulty far above UC (following the difficulty curve in general) would have only a very tiny percentage of players for whom that would be appropriate. Shuffling the tiers around to target them would be adding a tier for hundreds, maybe thousands of players while making life more difficult for tens if not hundreds of thousands of others. That's a net loss to the playerbase as a whole.
    Sounds like excuses to me. You should never exclude your higher tier players because you can always eventually get good enough to compete the harder the content is. With my roster as presently constructed there's nothing Kabam can do for heroic and below have an impact on my account.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Why is everyone complaining about terrible rewards for 'endgame' players. Yea sure they aren't the best. But its not always about endgame players. Mid tier and beginner players matter too. For master you can get 1 t1 alpha for 5 of the 7 days a week, might not benefit the older players as much as the newer players. From a producers standpoint, you want people to keep using your product, which means Kabam needs to make the rewards targeted to players with a small and players with an expanding roster.

What's the point of having 4-5 difficulties if you're not going to cater to everyone?
    The point is to target as many difficulty points as possible, but there's no way to target everyone with only four or five. That's simply impossible. Just looking at the typical monthly and special event quest difficulties, it is obvious that even with Normal, Heroic, Master, and Uncollected/Epic we're skipping over a lot of players: most players are falling in between the huge gaps in those and have to work upward towards difficulty tiers far above them. There's nowhere you could put a tier higher than UC or Epic that wouldn't also miss most of the players above UC/Epic, assuming you wanted to add an additional difficulty tier.

Also, the playerbase gets thinner as you go higher. The simple numbers are that there are tons of players for whom Normal is the closest reasonable difficulty. Ditto for Heroic, Master, and UC. But a hypothetical Cav difficulty far above UC (following the difficulty curve in general) would have only a very tiny percentage of players for whom that would be appropriate. Shuffling the tiers around to target them would be adding a tier for hundreds, maybe thousands of players while making life more difficult for tens if not hundreds of thousands of others. That's a net loss to the playerbase as a whole.
    Sounds like excuses to me.
    You don't excuse reality. You just explain it, for the benefit of those living in it.
  • harshraj2000harshraj2000 Posts: 43
    DNA3000 said:

You don't excuse reality. You just explain it, for the benefit of those living in it.
    That's a cracking reply. IMO, I think it better to wait for the side-event to drop and see how much effort and Questing Energy would required to clear this event to get your rewards. September's Time after Time quests had this same problem - good rewards but needs way too many Quest Energy and the Modern Age quests just simply drag on.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

That's a cracking reply. IMO, I think it better to wait for the side-event to drop and see how much effort and Questing Energy would required to clear this event to get your rewards. September's Time after Time quests had this same problem - good rewards but needs way too many Quest Energy and the Modern Age quests just simply drag on.
    Fortunately, this type of event doesn't seem to have the same structure as September's here a path there a path everywhere a path-path maps. From the description it sounds vaguely like a variation on the Trials of the Elements event from last year, only without the boosts and presumably somewhat easier in difficulty.
  • Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    Nice change of pace from Kabam to give rank-up materials in the new quest that is coming. The biggest issue seems to stem from the fact that the rewards seem low in each difficulty. And yes players are at different points of the game (beginners to end game) in the epic one I would expect t2a and t5b as the main rewards anything less just would not make sense. At the end of the day if it is worth the time I'll do it and if it is not then I won't.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Looking at rewards I don’t see too much point doing all apart of Epic ones.. and this is not necessary every day.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Is anyone else locked out of the
    solmyrair said:

Looking at rewards I don’t see too much point doing all apart of Epic ones.. and this is not necessary every day.

IIRC, they said you can do the nexus as many times as you've got anomalies. If you're far enough along that you've got a few 5/65s, it's worth doing epic every day then running 5 nexus paths. Not great, but t5b are my main resource bottleneck right now...
  • HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92
    Such a waste of nrg. This is crazy for a side quest
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    solmyrair said:

That's actually the best part of the quest.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    man this seems like yet another artificially long grind for low rewards. I was hoping the paths would be short but actually doing epic i'm already tired, and that's just one difficulty. If this is the new norm for these side quests I see a lot of people getting burned out. Time after time back to back with this...not digging it. Sorry.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    also it was super underwhelming to finish epic 100%, get to the rewards screen and get...one ticket. that's it. Lol. Not sure about this one yall.
    Yeah, I desperately need 5 star sig stones so I will be complete all of Epic and will get the t1 alpha from master daily so I can rank up more of my 5 stars. The rest I will not touch. The objectives are super easy though which is cool.

Not the worse, I don't like the energy use but overall underwhelming. It is not quite as bad as what I thought initially. Just something I can skip with little to little incentive to play it. Also, epic difficulty has way too much health, its not hard at all just annoying to have such long matches for the rewards given.
  • Crazy4heroesCrazy4heroes Posts: 12
    I really don't understand what people are hung up about. last month was extremely gracious with rewards, and this month has slowed down a lot, which personally helps me head back to variant and main story content. plus, seeing how "few" rewards there are, (40 units a day? YES!!!!) they will probably add some super hard content like celebretity stuff
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    It is too much energy, should have stuck to 1. With 1, maybe it is worth it, but for double the energy, and the extremely lackluster rewards makes this event another dud for lots of people. Lots of us are sitting on a ton of resources, but no good champ to use them on.

If there would have been T5b, it would be a different story.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    There are 2 paths on the Nexus of all Reality quests. Does this mean we need 2 tickets per difficulty to fully explore or does 1 ticket give us the ability to play the quest twice?
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited October 2019

I really don't understand what people are hung up about. last month was extremely gracious with rewards, and this month has slowed down a lot, which personally helps me head back to variant and main story content. plus, seeing how "few" rewards there are, (40 units a day? YES!!!!) they will probably add some super hard content like celebretity stuff

While the rewards mainly are underwhelming (outside the units which I agree on), my big issue is the energy requirements. 18 for one run. 36 if you want to get the anomaly that you need to play the Nexus. Now maybe I'm misunderstanding the need for that ticket (and anyone can feel free to correct me), but really feels like there's a lot of time/energy requirement per day in a game where there's a lot of other place that require energy and time (main monthly quest or advancing in main story)
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    The tier 1 alpha is a legit reward for completing master difficulty. The rest though? Come on, man. Why the stranglehold on tier 2 alphas? You need 4 to take a champ to 4/55 and at the point I’m at in this game, content is too difficult for anything less than a 4/55. Doesn’t matter how many god tier champs you pull, if you can’t take them to 4/55 then you’re not really enjoying them.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 146
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, I was going to say, this is by far the easiest way I have ever seen to get a T1A. I will be doing one path of master every single day for those for sure.

I would like those 5-star sig stones in the epic weekend event, but I just tried and I cannot get my top champs under today's requirements through a path of epic without revives. I think the only days I'll be able to do that will be when Blade and GR are allowed in. So I may only participate in epic on days 3 and 5 plus the weekend days.

What's really terrible is that the lower difficulties are not 1 energy per step. How can it make sense to lower the energy for the regular event quest at the lower difficulties to 1 per step but not do it for the side quest?
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    For Day 5 (Any Hero or Villain) does that mean my team can be all villains or all heroes?
    edited October 2019
    To me it seems obvious it means you can use any champs you want that are heroes or villains. Are there some champs who are neither? I don't know.

Looks like Corvus may be the biggest deal champ that is not a hero nor a villain and is therefore excluded from the first 5 days of each week in this event.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    i just saw the PI on the champs in Epic. considering the champ requirements every day I doubt i will attempt to do epic more than maybe once. I just dont have the time to spend 15-30 minutes doing a single difficulty every day. I only have 4 5/65 champs in my entire roster....these requirements cut some or all of these depending on the requirements. ridiculous....and that's not even taking into account the energy requirements.
    Given the energy requirements, that may be the idea. They may realize that fewer people will be able to do epic every day and even fewer people will want to do more than 1 or 2 difficulties. So almost nobody out there will need the energy to do full exploration on all difficulties of this event.

Given the energy requirements, that may be the idea. They may realize that fewer people will be able to do epic every day and even fewer people will want to do more than 1 or 2 difficulties. So almost nobody out there will need the energy to do full exploration on all difficulties of this event.

So why put the energy obstacle there for the people that can do all of the events everyday?
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    The more I look at it, the more I think the idea is fine but it's very out of balance.

Too much energy, too high PI (I completed epic no problem, but these are some beefy champs), for too little rewards. And the daily time commitment is decent enough that we have to think how much is it worth it?

This would have worked better if they toned down the energy cost (or at least gave you everything on completion and not made to explore for the ticket), upped the rank-up rewards, or lessened the amount of champs your fighting (and the difficulty if the rewards are the same).

I'm still debating how much effort I want to give this quest myself and that's not the desired reaction for the monthly events