**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why the Man-Thing is Big Size, if in history he is huge, size Extra Large?

juniornxjuniornx Posts: 24
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Change the size. He may be better than he is now. Need a Nerf.

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    man-thing looks skewed on screen,looks like they made him XL to begin with but half way through though he might b good on variant 2 and reduce dormammu's value(which isnt much) so they just resized him and called me L
  • juniornxjuniornx Posts: 24
    juniornx said:

Change the size. He may be better than he is now. Need a Nerf.

Correcting: You don't need a Nerf, but a Buff.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    He is a large champion in the game, not XL. This is likely to be the intended thing for him

He is a large champion in the game, not XL. This is likely to be the intended thing for him

There is no "intended". In the comics, the literal inspiration for this character, he is huge. Like as big as King Groot.
    That why I said "in the game". When these things happen, you just need to disregard anything from outside sources.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Mirawj said:

There is no "intended". In the comics, the literal inspiration for this character, he is huge. Like as big as King Groot.
    That why I said "in the game". When these things happen, you just need to disregard anything from outside sources.
    This entire game is based on “outside sources.”
    And those outside sources aren't always in agreement with each other, hence different Marvel universes, including this one.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Apparently this is an identity issue or reverse scale for this character. Every character has at least one and you shouldn’t mess with it or people will be annoyed. People are fine with artistic license, but only with some aspects.

I really like the design. Slightly annoyed about the size and the lack of fear-based burn mechanic, but we’ll see. He’s not released yet so there’s time for Kabam to make him the right size.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Outside sources like the comics this game is based on?

Outside sources like the comics this game is based on?
    Yes, including movies or series or toys as well.
    The game is based and takes inspiration on those, but is not any of them.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

There’s healthy adherence to the game’s rules and then there’s absolute blind obedience. There’s nothing wrong with healthy skepticism and examination. It is really annoying when you dismiss every comment as “because”.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Clearly it’s just man thing in his teen years.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Mirawj said:

The game is based on Marvel IP, but it is created under the oversight of Marvel itself. As Marvel signs off on everything, the MCOC versions of champions are just as authoritative as the Ultimates versions of characters were, or alternate reality versions that show up on Earth-616 are in the comics. For the purposes of creating champions, Kabam is a work for hire creator working for Marvel just like any other comic book writer.

Marvel would never let a game company like Kabam create characters like Guillotine 2099 that at the end of the day Marvel didn't own. So I'm very certain Kabam works under similar conditions as Marvel writers do for the purposes of creating champions or storylines for the game. As such, there's no difference between MCOC Man-Thing and Earth-XYZ Man-Thing that a comic writer might make up for a story line that takes place in an alternate reality in the actual comic books. The Kabam designers should get, and deserve to have, the same latitude as comic book writers get when writing about alternate universes.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Mirawj said:

The game is based on Marvel IP, but it is created under the oversight of Marvel itself. As Marvel signs off on everything, the MCOC versions of champions are just as authoritative as the Ultimates versions of characters were, or alternate reality versions that show up on Earth-616 are in the comics. For the purposes of creating champions, Kabam is a work for hire creator working for Marvel just like any other comic book writer.

Marvel would never let a game company like Kabam create characters like Guillotine 2099 that at the end of the day Marvel didn't own. So I'm very certain Kabam works under similar conditions as Marvel writers do for the purposes of creating champions or storylines for the game. As such, there's no difference between MCOC Man-Thing and Earth-XYZ Man-Thing that a comic writer might make up for a story line that takes place in an alternate reality in the actual comic books. The Kabam designers should get, and deserve to have, the same latitude as comic book writers get when writing about alternate universes.
    We as consumers have the latitude to say “An attempt was made” and/or “swing and a miss” when creative does a bad job and doesn’t put their divergences in context to make them acceptable and instead makes them more jarring and annoying by not addressing them. If he’s called Li’l Man-Thing (Earth 1139) and Blade says “Lookit that freaky Li’l Man-Thing! Giant-sized? More like pocket-sized!” Proper context is given and it’s acceptable that he’s weirdly small in this game.