**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are you a Victims to Docked alliances??

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
I am sure we all know how all the alliances who got docked and bunped down are facing much easier alliances and we are also a victim to that...

All of season 3 and even season 4 before and after the docks..

We loss to these docked alliances and we get nothing in return and even matched with them all of season 3/4

The current masters are very different if u compared season 3/4 and you could say season 2..but nothing was done in season 1, in season 2 some alliances was punished and in season 3 didnt have any huge banned waves.

Now alot of these alliances are already back on top of the leaderboards..

But these banned waves have cause a chain reaction resulting in many alliances facing harder/togher alliances that was docked and can easily make it an easy win for them.

Something needs to be done, sad to see alot of alliances are getting screwed over.

Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• PESTILENCE87PESTILENCE87 Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    Yeah my group has barely won one war because all we fought were upper tier alliances that got a slap on the hand for their cheating and pay to play alliances. Both of which have made us all severely disappointed about this game. Kabam should have just made sure these said alliances never get their rewards from finishing the season and I would've been more satisfied with that outcome than completely ruining ours and other lower tier alliances season.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    I hope they have a lot in store for the two weeks between seasons. While I commend Kabam and their willingness to identify and punish cheaters (including those that line their pockets), the issue identified in your post, as well as tanking during the offseason now need to be addressed. I understand that docking does hurt alliances and that perhaps 29 people should not be punished for the acts of one (extreme example, I'm aware), but then matchmaking should be such that those docked alliances don't gain the advantage of walking all over lower tier alliances.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Yeah my group has barely won one war because all we fought were upper tier alliances that got a slap on the hand for their cheating and pay to play alliances. Both of which have made us all severely disappointed about this game. Kabam should have just made sure these said alliances never get their rewards from finishing the season and I would've been more satisfied with that outcome than completely ruining ours and other lower tier alliances season.

Agreed we actually lost last 4 wars since points docked. Faced 3 cheating alliances. We were near plat 1 now in plat 3. Lots of hard work and spending in beginning of season pretty much wasted. We are basically losing wars because we didn't cheat lol.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    this isnt going to change unfortnatley. tough luck. literally thats just what it is right now
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    this isnt going to change unfortnatley. tough luck. literally thats just what it is right now

There needs to be change.
  • JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Posts: 159 ★★
    They should double aw season rewards as compensation to all aw tiers as a slap to those who cheated. They can sit by and watch us open our gifts...as they sit with a lump of coal #SantaNaughtyList
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    the only thing all this bs leading me to think about is if I should use some cheating myself. I mean, if the only thing I get punished with is fighting weaker alliances (aka have a long win strike), why should I suffer and lose because of somebody had lower moral limits then I do? the only reason not to chat is literally your desire to be honest, as there is no real punishment in the game
  • ThalionThalion Posts: 65
    Aleor wrote: »
    the only thing all this bs leading me to think about is if I should use some cheating myself. I mean, if the only thing I get punished with is fighting weaker alliances (aka have a long win strike), why should I suffer and lose because of somebody had lower moral limits then I do? the only reason not to chat is literally your desire to be honest, as there is no real punishment in the game

just for clarity, this is not true, the last time a lot of players got banned beside the dock it self.(beside that, i also belive the other alliances shouldn`t be "colateral dmg")
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Ive mentioned it before to just ban the players and put up some kind of graphic on their profile to let everyone know they got banned. Something like a BANNED! title or the jailbars from the forums. If there ends up being X amount of people cheating in an alliance let them know "hey, youre alliance is being removed from the prize pool and we're reducing your war rating to 0."

This effectively punishes alliance who cheat by removing all season rewards and forces them to have to try and climb back up from 0 for future wars, can identify and remove individuals who cheat without punishing an entire alliance, and wont cost someone in Gold their season because they get stomped by master/platinum alliances who got a slap on the wrist.
  • correborrecorreborre Posts: 37
    edited October 2018
    Out of 11 games this season were fought the same cheating alliance twice, three other alliances once (alliance we fought twice has been docked twice and the other ones docked once, each after we reported them for piloting) and 2 of the other matches has been again master bracket alliances who gets x7 multiplier and we x6,2 multiplier (all docked alliances were tier1 and top 15 in master).

Kabams aw system is fair, roflmao.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's really kind of insane that nothing has been done about this. It's like Alabama gets caught paying recruits and the NCAA decides to punish them by giving them a group of 5 schedule after which they still make the playoffs.
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    my ally was in silver 2 last season. this season we dropped to bronze 1 with 2 wins out of 7 wars because of it.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    edited October 2018
    I think what the community is trying to get across is that the system is still broken from cheating. On Reddit there is a spreadsheet that tracks the cheating teams, and unfortunately there are a few teams on that list that my team has fought and lost to.

The poor argument is that there is no way of knowing if we still would have lost if they had not cheated. This is inaccurate. In the case of Piloting, people cheat by playing for less skilled players, as this would cost their team attack bonuses if they suffered KOs, or, worse, it could leave paths noded, making it difficult or impossible to clear lanes.

Other excuses to share are because someone was busy or unable to get on. But in that case that is part of relying on people. I've played on teams and in Wars or Alliance Quests where we've had to accept someone is away, busy, or even with a dead battery, and just understand that we lost and move on from that. It's not a great feeling, especially if you or others spent on items, but that is the trusting issue with playing with others.

In both of those examples it presents that the opponents would not have scored as high or successfully, making it that the team they faced that was playing fairly would have won in scoring. This is the problem.

The winning team of Alliance War gains a large victory point boost. Being cheated out of that matters. While it's nice that Kabam finally enforced action against cheating teams, even top spending teams, it still does not resolve the issue of the lost points by the team that was cheated against. Not only do they lose out on the points, they lose out on rank placement, and on the victory rewards. The additional shards may result in gaining a new attacker or defender, or awakening a useful fighter, or making their signature stronger, or giving duplicate shards to open a 6-Star. It all ripples.

It also has bigger consequences. As the community has known for a while now, the top teams from the initial seasons of AW were cheating. They went unpunished and gained the top, best rewards. This allowed them to rank more fighters, letting them grow in Prestige, securing their higher spots in Alliance Quest, and making it also impact all players across the game. In Arena, the PI needed to avoid death matches has increased because those at the top, many of which have been exposed as cheaters, increased in Rank Ups, unfairly making the lower ended players have to face these new changes to Arena.

The cheating ways of teams is nothing new. It's been reported since before Seasons started, and has been an issue since likely just after AW was introduced (maybe before it in Alliance Quest). The lack of punishment from the first season forward allowed cheating teams to excel and gain the best rewards, hurting the efforts of fair teams, teams that were putting in the effort of assigning lanes, planning diversity, setting defenders, communicating, checking on timers and ensuring nodes are down and that items are responsibly used.

Unfairly, these teams that have been caught cheating would drop in rank, facing lower rated teams that would then be crushed by them, allowing the cheating teams to slowly crawl back to the top, or close enough to it to get decent rank up rewards, while knocking away at those that truly earned them.

To be fair, I do believe there are teams that did not know some players were cheating in some way, and that to truly punish all of them might seem unfair, to a point. But, unfortunately, Kabam does not inform the community of who is the cheater among them. Now the Leader and Officers have to guess who is the one responsible for it. How can they be aware? Even if the players are issued a brief suspension, they may then have time to rejoin, get onto other teams and either gain their rewards or cheat again and hurt this new team.

Worse yet, Kabam has now introduced another issue with cheaters. Since Kabam refuses to expose cheaters, the community has to make a shared list of people kicked from teams to protect the integrity and efforts of their players. But this is only as accurate as the current information available. If Player123 was exposed to be account sharing, their team may kick them, they may be reported to the list, and Player123 (fairly) may have difficulty getting onto a new team. But with the ability to change their name they can now hide who they were. Player123 becomes Account987. Now there is way for teams to know that this was the very cheater who hurt the rank of their previous team.

Basically, far too much effort is being done to protect the guilty, whose actions hurt far more than themselves, and risk the fair players who only get penalized in numerous ways by the lack of action done against these cheaters. They risk having a cheater join them, costing them rank, or they fight repeat offenders that they can lost to, also costing them rank and rewards. This system is counter productive.

First: Cheaters need to be exposed. Stop protecting them.

Once caught, a new title needs to be applied to them. Their is a time based Title for being on the top Alliance War teams. There should also be a similar title for cheaters. A unchangeable title that says CHEATER for the duration of the Season should be applied. This would immediately alert teams looking to recruit to avoid these player, or take them on at their own risk, fairly letting them know in advance that this player may hurt their Alliance. Once the Season ends, this title can be changed, but should remain in their title list so that later teams can know if this player did cheat previously.

Second: Teams that lost to cheaters do deserve a point revision/addition.

This is huge. Dropping in ranking and losing out to a fight you would have won if not for the opponent cheating disrupts the competitive design of the game. It ruins the efforts of players and teams if all their actions are nullified via exploits. In the same way, if someone cheats at the Realm of Legends or Labyrinth of Legends, Kabam takes immediate action against that player for not playing to the spirit of the game. This is no different. At the very least, the losing team should have the Victory Bonuses applied at the end of the season, allowing them to rightfully place closer to where they may belong (losing can drop your rating, costing you multiplier - how to determine this afterwards would likely be difficult).

Third: Teams caught cheating deserve a stiff(er) penalty.

This is tricky. As noted above, some may truly be unaware of cheating. It could just be 1 player doing it.

But, in the case of some teams, where 10 or more players are caught, this deserves action. No points, no season rewards. They need to be locked out of War for the entire Season. Their scoring is tainted. There is no way to be sure of actual, earned effort. The non-cheating players on that team likely were aware when the number of cheaters are that high, and once their team is locked out of AW they will be forced to seek joining another team. It's the only fair way to deal with it. The team score was not honest, and so it deserves no place in the overall ranking.

This is the only way to keep the competitive spirit of Alliance Wars in tact. The community needs to be alerted to cheaters for self protection with recruiting, they cheated teams deserve their rightful winning score to enforce that cheating does not benefit any team (since they lose rating and the loser would gain it anyway), and teams caught doing it repeatedly and egregiously miss out entirely on the Alliance War rewards for being spoilers that can't play as the game was intended. If Kabam can enforce this sort of design onto AW, I am confident this level of cheating would cease.

I think the community would rather have Season Rewards delayed tomorrow in request that this sort of action be considered. Scan through the penalized team, manually update the scores of those teams cheated, and reduce those of repeat cheating teams. In this specific Season, because some teams may jump into different rank levels, it may be better to expand the ranks to afford the correct place if that seems fair.

I really hope this is considered, as seeing loses to cheating teams has seen many people I know grow tired of Alliance War.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    We're Branding people now? What's next, chopping their hands off? Lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Other cheating methods used to win wars:

- using cash to procure masteries, t5bcs, featured 5 star pulls and other devious items that allow an unfair advantage for "whales" to plop down all-star 4/55 defenses - what about the poor f2p players?
    - using cash to buy "revives" and "boosts" - how can that 4/40 km defeat my 4/55 medusa miniboss? Those darn AW boosts you can buy if you're not f2p!
    - guys with multiple accounts in the same alliance- it's basically legal piloting! If it were 7 guys with different accounts it would harder to coordinate than some "whale" with 7 accounts that can gift each other potions and run more dungeons and get better rewards and bla bla bla

So if I spend money on masterys and AW items i'm now a cheater because a F2P doesn't want to buy resources available to everyone?
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Other cheating methods used to win wars:

- using cash to procure masteries, t5bcs, featured 5 star pulls and other devious items that allow an unfair advantage for "whales" to plop down all-star 4/55 defenses - what about the poor f2p players?
    - using cash to buy "revives" and "boosts" - how can that 4/40 km defeat my 4/55 medusa miniboss? Those darn AW boosts you can buy if you're not f2p!
    - guys with multiple accounts in the same alliance- it's basically legal piloting! If it were 7 guys with different accounts it would harder to coordinate than some "whale" with 7 accounts that can gift each other potions and run more dungeons and get better rewards and bla bla bla

So if I spend money on masterys and AW items i'm now a cheater because a F2P doesn't want to buy resources available to everyone?

Using Resources is not cheating. OP seems to have a certain opinion on that. Clearly it's a Fundamentalist view.
    Although I will agree on the multiple Accounts stance. Though logistically not Piloting, it still creates an unfair situation. You end up having entire Battlegroups run by one single person, sometimes entire Allies. Meanwhile, people are playing individually. It's not what Group Events are really meant for, and when you have a competition such as War Seasons, it monopolizes Rewards and positions.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Ebbtide wrote: »

Once caught, a new title needs to be applied to them. Their is a time based Title for being on the top Alliance War teams. There should also be a similar title for cheaters. A unchangeable title that says CHEATER for the duration of the Season should be applied.

This is the only way to keep the competitive spirit of Alliance Wars in tact. The community needs to be alerted to cheaters for self protection with recruiting, they cheated teams deserve their rightful winning score to enforce that cheating does not benefit any team (since they lose rating and the loser would gain it anyway), and teams caught doing it repeatedly and egregiously miss out entirely on the Alliance War rewards for being spoilers that can't play as the game was intended. If Kabam can enforce this sort of design onto AW, I am confident this level of cheating would cease.

In the end, there's only 3 spots that matter, and if those spots are vetted, everyone else is just shouting over degrees of failure.

Because cheating only matters in the top three spots and anything below the top three is failure? Entitled much?

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Ebbtide wrote: »

Once caught, a new title needs to be applied to them. Their is a time based Title for being on the top Alliance War teams. There should also be a similar title for cheaters. A unchangeable title that says CHEATER for the duration of the Season should be applied.

In the end, there's only 3 spots that matter, and if those spots are vetted, everyone else is just shouting over degrees of failure.

Because cheating only matters in the top three spots and anything below the top three is failure? Entitled much?

Suprise there wasnt any docks for todays aseason rewards when season ended.
  • Hey there, we understand the concerns you've brought forward here and appreciate the feedback you've provided. We're always monitoring for unfair behavior in the game and striving to improve our methods of ensuring that the Contest is as fair as possible for all involved. We'll continue to do so and will pass along the feedback that's been given here.
This discussion has been closed.