**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rogue not copying Punisher physical resistance buff?

JestressJestress Posts: 1,501 ★★★★
Noticed this on Spiderman: Homecoming event quest 3.1, first enemy node you encounter. I've attached a picture for reference.466qxigzx1fk.png

Comments

• Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    They're passive resistances, not buffs so can't be replicated, stolen or nullified. It just appears as an indicator so you know when it's gone.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    They're passive resistances, not buffs so can't be replicated, stolen or nullified. It just appears as an indicator so you know when it's gone.

This is correct. They are not buffs, just work like "charges"
  • Options
    Hey Jestress,

These guys got it right. I'll ask the team if there is a way that we can perhaps make it easier to tell what is a Passive or Active buff for the future.
  • Options
    EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Would it be possible to make the icons gray, or some sort of unused or non vibrant color? Guillotine's Soul indicator was made gray this last update, which seemed to make it distinct to only her.

If there was a color variance, it would allow players to know which buffs or abilities could (vibrant) and couldn't (dull) be stolen by fighters like Rogue or Loki. That might be too specific though.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Read the champs description please. This aint first grade! Whatever is passive cannot be stolen, replicated or copied. How many times kabam has to explain this? 1000 times?
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Read the champs description please. This aint first grade! Whatever is passive cannot be stolen, replicated or copied. How many times kabam has to explain this? 1000 times?

Yes.
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Jestress wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Please post a picture of where it says that on Rogue's description.

It doesn't. The descriptions of items and abilities in the game is terrible in a lot of areas. For a good example of this, look at the XP boost. Says "Boost Summoner XP by XX% for XX hours". What is should say is "Boost XP earned by XX% for XX hours". Minor change , but big difference in meaning. If they were clearer about these things then they wouldn't have to explain it 100 times.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Well from a different perspective it's a flak jacket...not a power...so rogue shouldn't be able to replicate it anyways.
  • Options
    The icon is already green with a different color. That is enough to differenciate it from a buff
  • Options
    It's also written in punisher's abilities. Similar to rockets shield system, his physical resistance is also passive. mpzzalkoz9mt.png
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The icon is already green with a different color. That is enough to differenciate it from a buff

By that logic, regen is a passive ability and not a buff either.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It's also written in punisher's abilities. Similar to rockets shield system, his physical resistance is also passive.
    Passive outside the description of a specific buff means The ability triggers passively, no input is needed from the user to cause it to happen. This does not make it a passive buff. Take Angela for instance all her buffs are gained passively and fall under the same descrition as Punisher's flak jacket, however all her buffs are active buffs that happen passively.

• Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Hey Jestress,

These guys got it right. I'll ask the team if there is a way that we can perhaps make it easier to tell what is a Passive or Active buff for the future.

Yeah I've made this suggestion before about passive buff icons.

If you could make them a different shape, a unique colour or a different outline colour, that would be great.
  • Options
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

By that logic, regen is a passive ability and not a buff either.

You don't get it ...
    Compare a physical resis buff (Luke Cage) to the physical resis passive of Punisher. They have different colors
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    It's also written in punisher's abilities. Similar to rockets shield system, his physical resistance is also passive.
    Passive outside the description of a specific buff means The ability triggers passively, no input is needed from the user to cause it to happen. This does not make it a passive buff. Take Angela for instance all her buffs are gained passively and fall under the same descrition as Punisher's flak jacket, however all her buffs are active buffs that happen passively.

Not entirely sure what your point is here, sorry if I've misunderstood what you're trying to say. The way I see passives for most of them anyway is something that just sort of happens in the background like limbo for example. It's hard to describe but you can just tell when something is passive and something is a buff, not really sure how to explain how to tell the difference but you just sort of know after a while I find. I tend to memorise different abilities of champs just so I know how to use/counter them. What exactly do you mean by passive buff? I consider those to be 2 separate things, e.g. A buff or a passive, but never the same. Buffs being things that can be stolen, replicated and nullified, and passives being unable to be stolen, replicated or nullified.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm saying you can't use how a buff is gained to define it as active or passive.

Angela's buffs fall under the same description as Punisher's because they are both gained passively. Gaining a buff passively does not make it a passive buff. We also have Archangel who actively puts on passive debuffs. It doesn't matter how the buff is acquired when it comes to the buff being active or passive, which is what Punisher's buff description is actually saying;the flak jacket is acquired passively.
  • Options
    Oh yeah I agree with that. I posted that picture as a reference to show that punisher's physical resistance is passive and not a buff just for clarification. Passives activate for all sorts of different reasons with a variety of champs, like luck cage going indestructible on the first hit against him, punisher's endurance as well as physical resistance or magik when filling a bar of power. There are plenty of other examples and the conditions for each can change.
  • Options
    The pictures don't describe punshiers buff as passive, they describe how the buff is obtained passively. Like Ultron DS and Venom. I can't post this pic and say thier buffs are passive.
    N6LoK0U.jpg