**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why the symbiote event was such a good event

ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 562 ★★★
Well, in my opinion at least.

You get a useful champ, but you have to upgrade him. This adds a goal to finishing Master and Epic that gave those quests more of a purpose.
A decent difficulty spike in the content. Golden symbiote sucked a bit the first round of epic, but once you maxed your sym and used the true strike boost, he was a one shot.
COUNTERS! Very often when we as a community get angry it's because of, as Seatin says, fun and interactive gameplay. *cough* Ice Phoenix *cough*, but here we had counters to all the nodes, which made for a fun and strategic event.

There's a reason why people hate getting Iron Patriot and seek out the Sparky's of the game. Besides the fact that Sparky actually hits decently, he has power control and taunt which makes him a great choice for, for instance, all or nothing nodes.

Most of the old champs are in dire need of buffing and this 2 champs every 6 months is not enough. I hope the symbiote event is a start that will change this game and make it more fun again.

(Though the global node AW change seems to be a counter evidence of that hope).

Comments

• Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Who did you get from your featured crystal. Why does everyone I know pull a bad champ when the odds are supposedly very high for a God tier champ. I pulled 9 of that crystal I got all trash except for one CapIW. I've seen 8 of them opened by my alliance all trash. Strange.

I pulled a Groot! I have just won the game!

I opened 2 previous and got Groot and Juggernaut. Oh and both characters have already been awakened. I was waiting to see if this event crystal would turn my luck around, but obviously it didn't, so I am no longer getting featured crystals. Waste
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Its probably gonna be much faster than 2 champs every 6 months. They had confirmed the reason there was such a difference between this buff and the last one was cause the beta was littered with bugs they probably also were waiting till the venom movie as a celebration.
  • Who did you get from your featured crystal. Why does everyone I know pull a bad champ when the odds are supposedly very high for a God tier champ. I pulled 9 of that crystal I got all trash except for one CapIW. I've seen 8 of them opened by my alliance all trash. Strange.

I pulled Hyperion.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I just posted about this a minute ago on another site. Here is my story:

"I just did a speed run through symbiote level when it came out. so excited for it, only to be let down by a miles morales. whole alliance was pulling the useful champs, and I got miles morales. so as a consolation prize to myself, I took Ghost Rider up to rank 4 (with a mystic Rank up gem) and i even used my mystic awakening gem on him that I was holding onto for a long time and dropped some sig stones. I took him for a test drive and really got a good feel for him. I soloed every fight with him in epic occult labs - took longer than I had wanted to, but he was at full health when everything was said and done. I got the standard 250 5* shards, but hey it gave me enough for my next opening, and I kid you not it was a Ghost Rider."

That's life though, never had a string of bad luck light that. Even when I was winning I was really losing. Rare items I had saved for good use were completely negated and trashed. Really a kick to the stomach, slap in the face, want to quit - but I look back and say to myself that this is just a fun game and I am just happy to play.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 562 ★★★
    Who did you get from your featured crystal.
    I have another thread on this also.
    e4dcufh9shws.png

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I don't feel sorry for you at all @ShinobiGuy - stark as your profile pic, 6* green goblin, duped x23, nope (did my due diligence), not buying it.
    edited October 2018
    I have had some good pulls, not denying that. But it’s been a long time since the last one.

Not buying what btw?
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Basically a free 5*. Almost half a t2 alpha and 4k 5* shards. What's there to complain about ?
    Namelez wrote: »
    Basically a free 5*. Almost half a t2 alpha and 4k 5* shards. What's there to complain about ?
    Nothing, the title of the thread is even: Why it’s such a good event.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Event was good, but RNG sucks... Duped Spider Gwen from basic, and duped colossus from featured.
  • Glad to hear from those who've been enjoying the event! And thanks to all of those who have provided their feedback!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I think it's great. Definitely one of my top faves.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Definitely a fun event. Wasn’t easy but wasn’t hard at all. Better than gwenpool goes to the movies because this ylu couldn’t auto pilot, you had to think about which boosts to use and require a little skill.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    ShinobiGuy wrote: »
    Namelez wrote: »
    Nothing, the title of the thread is even: Why it’s such a good event.

Lmao of course u like it and so do i... I meant that towards people who are saying it sucked
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    @TBAG4DAYS I know right, once I popped that Groot, I put the Sym on the bench and let my Tree clear content!
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    The event was a fun change up, watching 200+ health opponents melt in second.

As to the crystal, went in expecting Colossus.

Pulled Wasp.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I’m pretty sure you can do every boss without the symbiote not sure why I’m saying this I jsut am :)
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    “Was” it’s not gone yet, can i hold onto the memories of this event while it lasts plz
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    I loved this monthly event. It was a fresh idea and a good change of pace progressing through the events. I hope they have more like this lil symbiote event in the future!
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    It's been a long while since I've had something positive to say about this game, but here goes:

Loved this event. It was fun, engaging, and strategic. The rewards were nice, as well.

Over all, I think this has been my favourite monthly event since I started playing all those years ago.
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 173
    I loved it. It was a pleasure to play. But... Falcon ...