**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

[Android] 21.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is for users on the 21.1 version of the game only.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• Dr_PhysicoDr_Physico Posts: 58
    In-Game Name: Dr. Physico
    Device and Model: LG G3 (LG-D855), Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (GT-I9105P)
    Device Operating System: 6.0 & 4.2.2
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 21.1.0 (I may suggest to update the template, which says that this "thread is for users on the 20.0 version of the game only", while we are already in the thread for v21)
    Game Mode: every game mode, even if you only start the game and stay on the home screen
    Description of the Issue: I updated the game to v21 yesterday and now both my devices are heating up significantly more/higher after a few minutes of gameplay than they did before. Sometimes I can't even hold/touch the device because the heat hurts my skin. Looks like some of the heat problems from only a few months ago (September/October?) are back now.
    Also experiencing way longer (even longer than they already were) loading times, especially in the crystals menu.
    On the Samsung device, every now and then I have blackened items in items inventory, crystals menu and even in fight screen, as if some parts of the graphics didn't load. Kinda hard to fight well when you don't see any health or power bar. This happens not only right after game start, but also during a play session.
  • my screen goes black in the middle of fights i can't play anything..

in-game name : BLACK FREQ
    Device and model : samsung , j700
    Device operating system : Android 6.0.1
    Mobile or WiFi: WiFi
    Installed game version: 21.1.0
  • İm really gonna freak out.
    1)My champions instantly stop during the combo and move foward to enemy by theirselves
    2)when i try to dash back they refuse it and stay wherever they like
    3)and sometimes they are not blocking even if they block it's like after 0.5-1 seconds later
    İm using Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 64gb/4gb
    İ have this situation since 5 days i have no choice but quit if this thing is not going to be fixed
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Have this same problem onyl when using doctor voodoo. Samsung galaxy s5 version 6.0.1
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    İm really gonna freak out.
    1)My champions instantly stop during the combo and move foward to enemy by theirselves
    2)when i try to dash back they refuse it and stay wherever they like
    3)and sometimes they are not blocking even if they block it's like after 0.5-1 seconds later
    İm using Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 64gb/4gb
    İ have this situation since 5 days i have no choice but quit if this thing is not going to be fixed

hocam bu dediklerin bende ekran ya da parmaklarım terlemişse oluyo,her svaş sonrası ekranı siliyorum

Eng:these all happen to me if my fingers or my screen gets sweaty,I wipe clean the screen after every fight
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    Ign: Buttehrs
    Device: Samsung s7 edge
    Cellular or wifi: both
    Game version: 21.1
    Game mode: all of then
    Description: characters stopping mid combo after one or two hits. They just stand there doing nothing. Also phantom heavies. Heavies start to charge when I'm not even touching the screen or my phone.
  • BigKOBigKO Posts: 25
    Ign: wuzu85
    Device: Samsung s4 GT-I9505
    Game mode: all of them
    Description: characters stopping mid combo after one or two hits. Often just stand there doing nothing. Also phantom heavies. Heavies start to charge when I'm not even touching the screen or my phone. Can't play normal getting connection issues random
  • Anakin83Anakin83 Posts: 30
    IGN: anakin83
    Device: huawei p9 lite
    Game version: 21.1.0
    Game mode: EQ
    Description: When fight vs Darkhawk, game is lagging. All his effects, whatever champions I'm using, make the game lagging and I cannot fight.
  • Cesar_Fantastic99Cesar_Fantastic99 Posts: 14
    edited December 2018
    In-Game Name: Cesar Segura
    Device and Model: LG stylo 2 plus LGMS550
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 21.1.0
    Game Mode: All game modes including home screen, opening crystals etc.
    Description of the Issue: Lag spikes that make playing impossible, in AW i cannot play due to the loading screen takes minutes too long and traveling the map is made so tedious because of the screen lag. Fights are lagging aswell. This all started way back during update 20.0 or even 19.0. and ever since then has not improved. Opening crystals take forever (lag aswell). Overall just severe lag and blotchy fighting.
  • LegoBatman3mLegoBatman3m Posts: 97
    My IGN is Legø. I use an IPhone 6 +. I’m having crashing issues when I fight Dark hawk on the monthly event quest when I click fight I crash then I need to restart the game and then I fight him. I’ve never had marvel coc crash on me before.
  • fabsgrassifabsgrassi Posts: 47
    In-Game Name: fabs®
    Device and Model: zenfone 5
    Device Operating System: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game Version Installed: 21.1
    Game Mode: arena. Many issues: the fight crashes out of the blue, other times the screen just turns black and the fight goes on then I close the app. Most of the times I loose that fight. The app crashes too in the selection fight, when I am about to choose which team I am going to fight against. The fight crashes on aw too. Most of that time, the displays on screen are bugged and the graphics just don't show accordingly. There are so many bugs happening from the last two updates that I really can tell you all. Btw, the crashes on the arena always happen too when some message gets in the inbox, when the hour gets sharp, like when its 5pm for instance. I noticed that arena crashes around 20 to 20 minutes...it's a lame
  • BigKOBigKO Posts: 25
    Ign: wuzu85
    Device: Samsung s4 GT-I9505
    Game mode: all of them
    Description: characters stopping mid combo after one or two hits. Often just stand there doing nothing. Also phantom heavies. Heavies start to charge when I'm not even touching the screen or my phone. Can't play normal getting connection issues random, AQ after a fight stuck on loading screen for at least 5minutes or force close
    (timed it twice)
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Ign: Str1066
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Device Operating System: android 8.0
    Wi-Fi
    21.1 (latest update)

Champs stopping after first hit of combo and the opponent then hits you.

Wi-Fi connection message so frequently. It used to be mainly on levelling up, Sig stones use, etc. But now it's between screens, in arena, in questing, it takes so long to load it sometimes appears to have stopped.

Lag is just slow enough to affect parry timings. There doesnt seem to be one worse time of day. It happens frequently at different times.

During these times the random heavy attack throwing gets worse. In the middle of a combo it suddenly does a heavy when not holding it down. (Not as bad as before but is still costing lives most days).

Loading screens take a long long time. I never feel on android I can go for a legends run as I look at the IOS load times and it seems so much quicker. Can't compete with all that time lost.
  • In-Game Name: RotisserieMelon
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S9
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: Not only is it extremely laggy in Alliance Quest where my champ throws a random heavy attack, my champs stop halfway into a combo and then the AI just unloads on me.

As for Alliance War, I've already disconnected twice on the same node and the connection message is popping up much more frequently. This has caused me to lose 2 bonus attacks just for disconnecting, once on wifi, once on cellular. I know for a fact there isn't an issue with either of my networks.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Just died in AW bc of loading screen and screen freezing.

Just throught I'd post it here.

• Zoro_2Zoro_2 Posts: 17
    Hi kabam
    I have issues i play arena everyday but today i play arena and when i complete 6 fights after game will be automatically exit
    like stop,cruse
    so i think it's my handset issue so i restart my handset but i happend again and again so please solve this issue and lag issue too
    thank you and this is my favorite game i am very enjoying when i play this game
    so please please solve this issue fast
    thank you kabam
  • SorinNo98SorinNo98 Posts: 10
    edited December 2018
    Game name- V. pandey
    Divice- vivo 1609
    Game v - 21.1
    My chat is not working please solve this issue
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    In-Game Name: NEO Mr Anderson
    Device and Model: Sony Xperia Z2 tablet
    Device Operating System: 6.01
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: Game close after 4-5 matchup in any arena.
  • In-Game Name: Damanthu90
    Device and Model: Samsung A3 2015
    Device Operating System:
    Cellular or WiFi: WIFI
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Alliance Quest, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Its impossible fight against the champions whit many effects! There so much lags on the battle, and it is impossible to use dexterity and parry. The worse fights are against the champion of the universe and dark hawk. Also when i go open cristal have lags, takes time to go through the screen and become open. And if i try open some crystal, and after that try go to the Event quests, i need wait more than 5 minutes to start a quest.
  • anon89160anon89160 Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: anon8916
    Device and Model: Samsung galaxy j3 2016 (sm-j320m)
    Device Operating System: Android 5.1.1
    Game Mode: Monthly event quest master mode
    Description of the Issue: Game freezing at start of fight against darkhawk boss and unfreezes after i'm K.O.
    Video Proof: https://youtu.be/CUXpQWyh0u0
  • kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 220 ★★
    same for me, game lags like crazy when the fight with Darkhawk starts.
    It means a lot since the beginning of the fight is crucial, you have to swipe back and bait the SP2. If your phone doesn't respond well you lose, it's that simple. I lost at least 20-30 times in uncollected and master because of that. Used units and revive but I will wait to do 100% until this bug is resolved.
    Happens only with Darkhawk in EQ though, nowhere else. I grind arena and it's fine, same for AW or AQ, at least for me.
    The connection issue is back it seems, and my connection is just fine.
    Again this is not about the difficulty of the boss itself, it's more with the extra difficulty added by the lag. You can't do anything except lose...

Honor 6X
    Android 7.0
    Game version 21.1 (last updated)
    WiFi
    Account: kiki-furieux
  • new things coming to the game.. still no fix for us.. i hope others enjoy playing for rewards :(
  • Zoranabc201Zoranabc201 Posts: 26
    In-Game Name:zoranabc201
    Device and Model: Huawei honor 10
    Device Operating System: 8.1.0
    Game Mode: Across game modes-duels, champions clash, monthly eq, act 5, war, realm of legends, the list goes on.
    Description of the Issue: Block is not registering. When I am pressing on the left side of the screen to perform a block, my champs are just standing idle as if no input has been given. Happens about once a fight. No specific time for it, has happened at the beginning of the fight and also in the middle. Usually doesn't happen more than once a fight though.
  • Warboy_007Warboy_007 Posts: 16
    In-game name: Midgardian Punk
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro SM-J730GM
    Operating System : 8.1.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Version : 21.1
    Game mode: AW AQ EQ ARENA primarily
    Description : Throughout fights there is high ampunt of lag even if RAM is free enough, I've lost fights bcoz of it....mtaches get forfeited in AW....AQ boss kills are difficult to manage as too much lag causes most soecial.attacks to be blocked.. same goes for evading special attacks...can't time it perfectly...end up loosing unwanted health and kills....too much boosts and units spent to overcome the current issue...KABAM pls help...love playing the game....but haven't been able to grind arena enough for this....account suffering everywhere because of this
  • Hello,
    Primary issue is in Quest battle with Darkhawk....game lags at character impact, champion cannot block, parry, evade or defend in any way.
    Master level feels like Uncollected Plus

ID. Ulik the Droll in game,
    Apple ID. Gster74
    iPhone 7
    OS. 11.4.1
    Both Cellular and WiFi
    Game version 21.1
    Mode - Monthly Quest

Champion stalls at start of Darkhawk battles. No other noticeable issues.

Thank you!
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    tinman76
    LG Q Stylo+
    Both cellular and wifi
    I've been kicked out of the game 3 times in less that an hour and there is such an issue with the responsiveness of the game that I'm considering deleting it altogether. Doesn't matter what game mode I'm in, always the same thing. Not to mention the ridiculous loading times.
  • BeAwesomeBBeAwesomeB Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: BeAwesomeB
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S6
    Device Operating : Android 7.0
    Game Mode: Arena
    Description of the Issue: The fights start as normal but as it continues the animation lags/freezes and when it comes to the momentum has gone and the opponent has the upper hand, to the point where I loose the match, which in turn causes me to loose my streak. This has happened several times that now I don't want to run arena. PLEASE FIX THIS!! ARENA IS THE CORE OF MY ACCOUNT!!
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Unending loading screens while switching the game mode
    E.g if i continously play arena then no problem,
    If i continously play quests no problem
    But whenever i change the game mode the screen kept loading

Needless to say the In-game lags are permanent

Device: Sony Xperia Z2
    Android: 6.0.1
This discussion has been closed.