**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to get 5 star shards at a decent pace?

Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
I’m not uncollected, and I’m not the type of guy to spend hours a day grinding, but I’m realising that if I do that I will never progress in this game. What’s the best way for someone like me to earn 5 star shards at a good pace?

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    In large quantities? War and EQ (and SA in a good alliance)

If you're looking at putting some time into grinding, take a look at milestones and ranked rewards in arena, and see what is realistic for you. 5* feature has some good 5* shard amounts in ranked rewards.

One lesser talked about, but one thing I have started to focus on, is the long term progression of the game. Max sig 2* give you more 3* shards. Max sig 3* give you more 4* shards, etc. So this leads to a few things.

1. Never sell champions. You will get immediate rewards, and the math is there that selling r3 4* will net you a positive shard ratio, but not everyone has the gold or catalysts for this over and over again.
    2. Don't think 2* or 3* sig stones are useless, and whenever you use them, use them smart. Focus on one champ at a time to keep boosting their sig, and keep in mine what one dupe is. For 4*, don't use a sig stone after sig 79. You risk getting to sig 90 and duping them, and then the sig stones did nothing.

I try to be as efficient as possible with resources after 3 years. Always play the long game if you feel you really like the game.

Edit: also pay attention for forum categories, mods please move
  • Hey there, went ahead and moved this to the General Discussions section so that you might have an easier time getting answers.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Hey there, went ahead and moved this to the General Discussions section so that you might have an easier time getting answers.

Thank you