**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A Fan(tastic) Discussion!

Hey y’all!

As you know, we’ve recently introduced Thing into The Contest along with one of his team’s evil counterparts, Diablo. This is extremely exciting for us and we hope it also is for you! We wanted to start up a discussion that was inspired by the fact that some in the community didn’t know who Diablo was and to learn more about the community’s history with the Fantastic Four.

But first, we wanted to share this video our team made that discusses a bit more about Thing and our selection of Diablo. If you haven’t watched it already, it’s awesome. Check out the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTin0Qli_nw

So what’d you think? Do you like bringing back the villains that may seem obscure or possibly unheard of? Let us know!

What made you a fan of the Fantastic Four and what is your favorite incarnation or story? Was there a certain arc in the comics? Or was it one of the movie adaptions? (And yes, the 1994 movie does count as an option.) Maybe it was the 90s cartoon or even the 1960s. There are so many options and we’re curious to know!

For me, I watched the 90s cartoon growing up and really enjoyed the characters from there, however, it isn’t my favorite story arc. My favorite actually has me going back to the comics. The show got me into it, but the best comics were the ones that had Doctor Doom in them. In fact, his debut comic is still one of my favorites! If you’re curious to what that is, you can find it online easily! It’s Issue #5 (July 1962), the Fantastic Four Meet Doctor Doom!

giphy.gif

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    They have some great villains that I hope to see in the movies and in MCOC. I'm not sure Reed Richards' abilities will ever translate into the movies (because it looks goofy), but it would work in the animated world of the game.

You did well with your intro of The Thing. Looking forward to the next step.
  • ProxProx Posts: 12
    edited January 2019
    So whos gonna be 4 th villain considering second and third will be Galactus and doc doom
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Vydious that video made me chuckle. Good old Saturday morning cartoons...

As for villains, I would love to see Annihilus. His insect minions could be the new Sentinels for AQ. Introducing the Negative Zone would open a number of different options for the Battlerealm.

Obviously, the original “This Man...This Monster” comic is a classic (FF#51). But I loved the John Byrne run in FF during his run in the early half of the ‘80’s. Notable among those stories was the impact of the Skrulls Reed hypnotized after they turned into cows in FF#2 and the impact of Skrullcow meat and milk on a whole community twenty years later. Also loved the romp the FF took through a futuristic West world during Byrne’s run and I somehow can’t shake the mid-‘70’s tragic story of Darkoth (who was actually a test pilot friend of Ben Grimm), his transformation at the hands of Doom and his apparent demise at the hands of Diablo. That one made me sad as a kid for poor Darkoth.

So many great FF tales...

Dr. Zola
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    I hadn’t heard of Diablo until he entered the game, so I think it’s good that you add less known marvel character to the game, and hope you continue to do so.

Glad we could introduce him to you! :smiley:

Thanks 🙂
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Seriously I had no idea who half the marvel universe characters were before playing this game. Gwen Pool, magik, moon knight, Scarlet Witch(not named so in mcu really) spider Gwen just to name a few. I like that the game introduces some lesser knowns.

Just make the champs unique and simple to utilize and I'll be happy
  • DrZola wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious that video made me chuckle. Good old Saturday morning cartoons...

As for villains, I would love to see Annihilus. His insect minions could be the new Sentinels for AQ. Introducing the Negative Zone would open a number of different options for the Battlerealm.

Obviously, the original “This Man...This Monster” comic is a classic (FF#51). But I loved the John Byrne run in FF during his run in the early half of the ‘80’s. Notable among those stories was the impact of the Skrulls Reed hypnotized after they turned into cows in FF#2 and the impact of Skrullcow meat and milk on a whole community twenty years later. Also loved the romp the FF took through a futuristic West world during Byrne’s run and I somehow can’t shake the mid-‘70’s tragic story of Darkoth (who was actually a test pilot friend of Ben Grimm), his transformation at the hands of Doom and his apparent demise at the hands of Diablo. That one made me sad as a kid for poor Darkoth.

So many great FF tales...

Dr. Zola

:scream: I can't count the times that Marvel has pulled my heartstrings, but they've done just so amazing with the FF stories that it's hard not to be so invested in wherever they show up. Even their zany tales (Skrullcow) get me so interested in what's going to happen.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who loved their little West storyline. ;)

Thanks for sharing, Zola!!
  • They have some great villains that I hope to see in the movies and in MCOC. I'm not sure Reed Richards' abilities will ever translate into the movies (because it looks goofy), but it would work in the animated world of the game.

You did well with your intro of The Thing. Looking forward to the next step.

Thank you! We're really glad you think so! We've been super excited to share him with y'all.

Honestly Mr. Fantastic in the cartoons was always such a weird thing to me even. The movies did good, but I can agree it seems odd at times watching someone stretch like that. :lol:
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Annihilus.

'Nuff said on that subject.

Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus, and their implications, excite me more than the ACTUAL F4.

The recent run of Infamous Iron man is great.

I can't recall exact details, but Wolverine and Spidey in the F4 for an infinity gauntlet storyline was a good one.
  • ZombieZedd wrote: »
    Dr.Doom
    I just hope he comes to contest and be one of the best champs ever . That's it .

I see you too are a fan of Doctor Doom. Good taste.

2o8V.gif
  • Don't wanna to offend anyone, but I hope this post (which topic is great) isn't a part of Marvel's multiverse advertising of fantastic four week? :-)
  • Primmer79 wrote: »
    Annihilus.

Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus, and their implications, excite me more than the ACTUAL F4.

I can't recall exact details, but Wolverine and Spidey in the F4 for an infinity gauntlet storyline was a good one.

:o

What's the run for the Infinity Gauntlet? Was that the New Fantastic Four? I, unfortunately, have yet to get into that one.

Also, low-key, I'm a huge fan of the Villains in F4's universe so I understand that. Don't get me wrong, the Human Torch is one of my favorites-- but, Doctor Doom.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Annihilus.

What's the run for the Infinity Gauntlet? Was that the New Fantastic Four? I, unfortunately, have yet to get into that one.

Also, low-key, I'm a huge fan of the Villains in F4's universe so I understand that. Don't get me wrong, the Human Torch is one of my favorites-- but, Doctor Doom.

"What if? Newer Fantastic Four" I think was the title of it. (For some strange reason, I am only get MCU theory articles trying to find more details)

I believe Hulk, Iron man, Wolverine, and Spider-man were the 4 in this run. I tend to get real into the "What if?" storylines.

"What if? Newer Fantastic Four" I think was the title of it. (For some strange reason, I am only get MCU theory articles trying to find more details)

I believe Hulk, Iron man, Wolverine, and Spider-man were the 4 in this run. I tend to get real into the "What if?" storylines.

Oh awesome! Thanks for the information drop, Primmer! I'll have to check that out. I'm a big fan of "What If?" storylines too. They're really intriguing.
  • TheBig0TheBig0 Posts: 18
    I like that you add characters that most people don’t know. It gives you a chance to research them, and bond with the character because of the game.

Also, my favourite character is also Dr Doom in the F4 universe. I hope we see him this year!
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    my introduction to the F4 was kinda weird. See, in the UK comics tend to be anthologies, with multiple stories in, unlike how they're printed in the US with just one 20-odd page story. When I was a kind in the 1980s, I was into reading Marvel UK's various tie-in comics - Transformers, Real Ghostbusters, Action Force (the UK name for GI Joe at the time) and Thundercats. With Transformers and Thundercats, they didn't just run Transformers stories, like Ghostbusters and AF did only those characters. (TRGB ran 2 strip stories and a prose one that were all UK originated; AF tended to run a UK original story and part of a US issue, typically splitting one issue into about 4 parts) Thundercats would run a prose story and a strip and then for a *long* time of the comic, they were running reprints of Power Pack, which for those who don't know, is a Marvel superhero series about four pre-teen kids from one family who gain superpowers from a dying alien. During the PP series, they met up with various Marvel heroes like Beta Ray Bill and Spider-Man. They also met Franklin Richards, who was about 5 or 6 at the time, and he became the 5th PP member. When he got dragged into their shenanigans, Reed and Sue didn't know what had happened to him and took Torch and She-Hulk (who at the time had replaced Thing in the F4, post-Secret Wars) to investigate his disappearance. I was about 12 at the time I encountered the F4 in this way, as I got a job-lot of Thundercats comics from a school-friend that he didn't want any more.

I later found out about the Thing when I got a Top Trumps Super Heroes deck, although all I knew was he was apparently in the 4 and was an orange rocky-looking guy. The same deck introduced me to Wolverine, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, and a bunch of others I knew the names of and not much else...
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Any chance reed and his wifes children make it in too? Franklin is one of the strongest characters in marvel
  • I later found out about the Thing when I got a Top Trumps Super Heroes deck, although all I knew was he was apparently in the 4 and was an orange rocky-looking guy. The same deck introduced me to Wolverine, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, and a bunch of others I knew the names of and not much else...

I had no idea it was like that! :open_mouth:

What a ride to get to knowing these characters! When you eventually knew about Thing and more of the F4, did you like him more in there over She-Hulk? Or did having She-Hulk be part of your introduction to them kind of put a place in your heart?
  • TheBig0 wrote: »
    I like that you add characters that most people don’t know. It gives you a chance to research them, and bond with the character because of the game.

Also, my favourite character is also Dr Doom in the F4 universe. I hope we see him this year!

Another with good taste!!

But also, we're really glad you like that we add these types of characters! Some of them might even end up becoming another favorite to someone and that's always so much fun. :)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    DrZola wrote: »
    Obviously, the original “This Man...This Monster” comic is a classic (FF#51). But I loved the John Byrne run in FF during his run in the early half of the ‘80’s. Notable among those stories was the impact of the Skrulls Reed hypnotized after they turned into cows in FF#2 and the impact of Skrullcow meat and milk on a whole community twenty years later.

Interesting to reflect on this story when you consider where ISO-8 comes from.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Annihilus.

I really enjoy some of those "What If?" comics. One of my favorites was the one where Tony Stark was the one who became Sorcerer Supreme!
  • Lovejoy72 wrote: »
    I’m not sure Diablo is necessarily evil? I mean, I think the guy is just trying to have a good time, mix a few drinks, do some magic tricks. Seems cool.

Just some misunderstood guy, right?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Obviously, the original “This Man...This Monster” comic is a classic (FF#51). But I loved the John Byrne run in FF during his run in the early half of the ‘80’s. Notable among those stories was the impact of the Skrulls Reed hypnotized after they turned into cows in FF#2 and the impact of Skrullcow meat and milk on a whole community twenty years later.

Interesting to reflect on this story when you consider where ISO-8 comes from.

Indeed!

Dr. Zola

P.S. Nice thread @Kabam Vydious. Need more of these.
  • Jdub1250Jdub1250 Posts: 38
    edited January 2019
    Vydious, thanks for making this thread. It's really refreshing to see a conversation without negativity on here. Dont really have anything in particular to share this time, but I felt like I should at least leave a positive comment.
  • it's good to see everyone is having fun with Fan(tastic)s world

maybe we can have a symbiote Discussion!! then you can all enter my world >:)