**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam can you please explain why certain champs are in certain classes

let's be real no one expected the thing to be in science class... but you were nice enough to share your reasoning with us..

so what about these:

-Antman = science - if it was Hank I'd understand, but it's Scott, he's just using the suit that Hank made.. by my logic he should be tech
-Quake = science and Karnak = skill - if the rest of the Inhumans are cosmic, why make exceptions? this one just doesn't feel right
-Sentry and Void = science - this one I just plain don't get, how is Sentry not cosmic?
-Red Skull = tech - this one might be the weirdest of them all... dude's literally wielding an infinity stone, if that's not supposed to make him cosmic...
-Thor Ragnarok = skill - how come regular Thor is cosmic and this one isn't? what's the difference..
there are a few that don't feel right to me like Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin and some others that could've gone in other classes as well, but the one they're in also kinda works so it's fine..

if you got any explanations or more questions, please add them up...

Comments

• ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    oh also I forgot to ask... what class is Mister Sinister gonna be in? my bet's on mutant, but I could also see him in science
    edited January 2019
    Charnutz wrote: »
    Probably trying to balance. I mean why else would juggy be a mystic and not mutant lol

I understand that they want to balance it, but at least give us an explanation, like they did with the Thing...
    as for Juggernaut, I can answer that one, it's the gem of Cyttorak... it's a mystic gem that gave him his unstoppable powers
    @Yellow8Fellow what's confusing me is that there seems to be a very thin line between science and tech... when does something stop being science and becomes tech? lol... ironman's arc reactor is technically science yet he is tech, even tho it's powering his suit... as for goblin and doc I already said I understand why they'd be tech... I mean you have to use science to create tech 😅
    also it's been mentioned multiple times in comics that Sentry's powers actually come from a cosmic source, which is why I mentioned it... but I guess science isn't completely wrong now that I think about it
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Can't find a reason for Quake or Thor

Antman: Still uses Pym Particles which are science in nature (well, fictional nature).

Karnak: His most useful asset is his fighting ability, and while he gained it from cosmic means, his fighting ability is what makes him skill.

Sentry/Void: Got his powers from a scientific formula that was trying to duplicate the Super Solider Serum.

Red Skull: He needs to use Technology to conduct the Cube's power, but he doesn't have the full power or a full bond with the cube.

Doc Ock:He has has cybernetic implants. Don't understand how he could not be Tech.

Green Goblin: While he gained his Goblin persona and strength from a chemical formula, the game mostly utilizes his Goblin Gear into his abilities.

I hope this makes this understandable to you :)

This was perfect, if you ask me.

My take on Quake was because her powers were awakened through Terragenesis. So just like Spider Man and the Thing (and rest of FF presumably), it was kind of an expirement. She wasn't born into the Inhuman family.

With Thor Rag, I always assumed it was because he relied more on his fighting prowess since he no longer had Mjolnir.
  • OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,175 ★★★★

Antman: Still uses Pym Particles which are science in nature (well, fictional nature).

Karnak: His most useful asset is his fighting ability, and while he gained it from cosmic means, his fighting ability is what makes him skill.

Sentry/Void: Got his powers from a scientific formula that was trying to duplicate the Super Solider Serum.

Red Skull: He needs to use Technology to conduct the Cube's power, but he doesn't have the full power or a full bond with the cube.

Doc Ock:He has has cybernetic implants. Don't understand how he could not be Tech.

Green Goblin: While he gained his Goblin persona and strength from a chemical formula, the game mostly utilizes his Goblin Gear into his abilities.

My take on Quake was because her powers were awakened through Terragenesis. So just like Spider Man and the Thing (and rest of FF presumably), it was kind of an expirement. She wasn't born into the Inhuman family.

With Thor Rag, I always assumed it was because he relied more on his fighting prowess since he no longer had Mjolnir.

You don't have to be a part of the Inhuman Family to be Cosmic, also every Inhuman go through the Terragenesis process. They are born with the Inhuman DNA, but only the Terragenesis can Awake their abilities. Kamala Khan is an Inhuman born on Earth and was affected by the Terrigen cloud. Quake was also affected by the Terrigen but not by the same cloud.

My take on Quake was because her powers were awakened through Terragenesis. So just like Spider Man and the Thing (and rest of FF presumably), it was kind of an expirement. She wasn't born into the family.

You don't have to be a part of the Inhuman Family to be Cosmic, also every Inhuman go through the Terragenesis process. They are born with the Inhuman DNA, but only the Terragenesis can Awake their abilities. Kamala Khan is an Inhuman born on Earth and was affected by the Terrigen cloud. Quake was also affected by the Terrigen but not by the same cloud.

I'm just trying to figure out why they did what they did and that's my best guess.
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    You do know sentry got his powers from drinking an alter super soldier serum right? He was not born of cosmic power. Void is just the other half but should still be science as it's still sentrys body
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Thor Rag being Skill makes sense since he thought he completely lost his powers so he had to use his raw strength
    let's be real no one expected the thing to be in science class... but you were nice enough to share your reasoning with us.

I think more people expected him (and the rest of the FF) to be Science than you think. In fact, most "polls" that people conducted on here had him as Science. Don't know why anything else would have been expected.

It's like Thor Jane Foster - she's classified as mystic despite Thor's powers being cosmic in nature right? Well that's because she's granted the powers because of the mystical enchantment on Mjölnir.

I took her as Mystic because she got her powers from being worthy of wielding Mjolnir as a Midgardian (human). Thor (OG) is Comsic because he is an Asgardian who wields Mjolnir. Then the difference between OG Thor and Thor Ragnarok makes sense.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    The F4 are probably the most debatable from OUR understanding. It was Cosmic radiation.

Once explained, it helps clear up some, but confuses some others.

Note: I agree with most of the placements, but the arguments below are worthy of consideration during development.

The difference between cosmic thor and skill thor is understandable. However, it doesn't change that Thor is not of earth, and cosmic in nature. Even with his hammer/power gone, he could withstand the hulk more than anyone from earth.

Carry this logic to Korg, his immunities, his physical attributes are from him being an alien race. Cosmic.

While Angela I believe should be cosmic, all of her attacks seem to utilize her skill and not necessarily her alien attributes.

I also don't necessarily fully agree with the argument of falcon being skill.

tldr: A lot of champs are debatable, Marvel has some input, and we should just enjoy the game as is. We can ask, but we didn't have a hand in developing characters, nor should we.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    The F4 are probably the most debatable from OUR understanding. It was Cosmic radiation.

It was "cosmic radiation" but they are earth scientists and had their DNA changed through a science expirement. Cosmic champs are almost always aliens/from another planet.

It was "cosmic radiation" but they are earth scientists and had their DNA changed through a science expirement. Cosmic champs are almost always aliens/from another planet.

Like I said, I understand that, but that reasoning calls into question others.
    I never said that these can't be explained.. I was just hoping for an official answer by kabam... guess that's not happening lol... there are some good arguments here and that's kinda what I was hoping for...

tho one thing I really wanna talk about is Sentry, I understand why so many think he should be science.. not that I'm saying he shouldn't... but how many of you have actually read any Sentry mini-series? it is mentioned there that the Sentry is a sentient life-force from a different universe... it has also been suggested multiple times that his powers actually come from cosmic source... so even tho his powers first manifest after the serum, there's a pretty strong reason to believe that his powers are cosmic..
    I never said that these can't be explained.. I was just hoping for an official answer by kabam... guess that's not happening lol... there are some good arguments here and that's kinda what I was hoping for...

tho one thing I really wanna talk about is Sentry, I understand why so many think he should be science.. not that I'm saying he shouldn't... but how many of you have actually read any Sentry mini-series? it is mentioned there that the Sentry is a sentient life-force from a different universe... it has also been suggested multiple times that his powers actually come from cosmic source... so even tho his powers first manifest after the serum, there's a pretty strong reason to believe that his powers are cosmic..

Keep in mind sometimes kabam doesn't always pull from the entirety of the marvel history, but may base a character off of a specific run in the comics. They don't always link together.
    edited January 2019
    Keep in mind sometimes kabam doesn't always pull from the entirety of the marvel history, but may base a character off of a specific run in the comics. They don't always link together.

I know mate, I just wanted to explain where I was coming from...
  • Awesome breakdown for this @Darkness275!

Hope that helped anyone with confusion for some of these. We actually answered this question for Thing directly in his Spotlight HERE.

I know mate, I just wanted to explain where I was coming from...

understandable! just continuing convo
    Korg is also a good shout.. he's an alien with no special powers.. if that's the reasoning for him being skill then why is groot cosmic and not skill? they're both aliens with no super powers... they're same as everyone of their species
    Awesome breakdown for this @Darkness275!

Hope that helped anyone with confusion for some of these. We actually answered this question for Thing directly in his Spotlight HERE.

like I already said, I understand the Thing because you were kind enough to explain it.. I was just hoping that maybe you'd do the same for some other questionable characters 😅
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Awesome breakdown for this @Darkness275!

like I already said, I understand the Thing because you were kind enough to explain it.. I was just hoping that maybe you'd do the same for some other questionable characters 😅

They already did. In fact, is almost like they don't really need to, since it makes sense either way
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★

Like I have stated I don't really know too much about Sentry beyond that he's OP in the comics and that he supposedly got his powers from a serum. But if he does have a cosmic origin, maybe it's less known than the fact that he took a serum.

Look at what happened to Spider-man for instance. You know the original origin that said that he was bitten by a radioactive spider. But then there was another comic that said that the spider was mystic in origin and was transferring it's powers to Peter. That was retconned (I think?), but I believe Kabam is specifying on his original origin, like Spider-man's
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Korg is also a good shout.. he's an alien with no special powers.. if that's the reasoning for him being skill then why is groot cosmic and not skill? they're both aliens with no super powers... they're same as everyone of their species

Korg is definitely a head scratcher for me. For the most part I can see why they classified champs into the classes they did but that one baffles me. I know he’s been a gladiator for a while now but his anatomy should’ve qualified him for the cosmic class. Guess they didn’t want to overload on cosmics last year.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Korg is definitely a head scratcher for me. For the most part I can see why they classified champs into the classes they did but that one baffles me. I know he’s been a gladiator for a while now but his anatomy should’ve qualified him for the cosmic class. Guess they didn’t want to overload on cosmics last year.

The way I look at it, he is an alien, but his fighting skill isnt intrinsic to him being an alien. he punches, etc, shoots a gun, shoots meik. Still a headscratcher a little
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Posts: 186 ★★
    Don't really understand Agent Venom. I know he's a fighter and all, but he still has an alien suit attached to him.