**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Zero Incentive: An Open Letter to Kabam

Mr_Holl87Mr_Holl87 Posts: 334 ★★★
Kabam,

I speak as a fan, a nerd, a lover of all things super hero and gaming related, and especially as a fan of Marvel's Contest of Champion's. I have been a gamer my entire life and have been playing MCOC for all but three month's of its four year lifespan.

I started playing the game in early March 2015, so just shy of four years. I've been a member of powerful, coordinated, organized and well structured alliances learned to better my play and skill, completed extremely difficult challenges, spent countless hours and sometimes real life money on this game. But currently, I find there is zero incentive to continue playing this amazing game.

Each month, the content becomes harder, each month new champions are introduced with difficult or impossible mechanics, each month we're forced to fight a new form of unavoidable damage. Each month, the game continues to cater more and more toward the upper end, high tier players who can defeat and complete any challenge within the game, and the brand new player who's just getting started. Each month, the vast majority of your player base, the players who are neither super humanly good at this game (or don't spend thousands upon thousands of money to win) but neither are they new players with little to no roster. These middle ground players, who make up the basis of your player base, get left behind and forgotten time after time with each new update. The game is either too HARD, or too EASY. There is NO in between. Often times, the reward doesn't justify the hard work and dedication required to complete most tasks within the game.

But honestly, the real issue I want to bring to your attention today, is "RNG", specifically from the five star basic crystal. As I previously stated, I have been playing this game for just under four years. I have an enormous three and four star roster and have worked up a rather sizable five star roster as well. Granted, my five star roster is dwarfed by many of the great players, but I'm not one of the greats. My issue is this: The "RNG" or overall pool of champions in the five star basic crystal DRASTICALLY needs an overhaul.

Just last night, I watched a youtube video by Rich the Man as he opened NINE five star basic crystals, and out of nine of those crystals, a whopping EIGHT of them were absolute TRASH. The only decent five star her landed was GR. I watched this and felt bad for the guy, because I know how it feels. Over the past several months or so, I have kept a very tight and strict record of my five star pulls from the basic crystal. Allow me to share it with you.

Dating back to last June and working toward the present, my five stars have been:

Falcon
Daredevil Netflix
She-Hulk
Colossus
Sentry
Iron Patriot
Red Skull
Civil Warrior
Rocket Raccoon
Karnak (second dupe)
Colossus (awakened)
Hulk
Colossus (second dupe)

The second Colossus dupe was just mere minutes ago. The last five of my five star crystals, as seen above, have been Rocket, Karnak (third time), Colossus (second time), Hulk, and Colossus (third time).

Kabam...

There is NO incentive to play your game anymore. I spend countless HOURS playing this game EVERY WEEK, working hard, trying to earn crystal shards and other rewards, trying to advance, trying to progress and all I get is trash after trash after trash. I literally cannot advance any further in this game with these champions. I have been stuck in this infinite loop for nearly a whole year. I cannot help my alliance cause I have very little useful five stars for AW or AQ. The few decent five stars I do have are always tied on up in AW, most of them on defense. I'm forced to use four stars for AQ and for monthly questing while I watch comrades of mine pull great five stars and use amazing champions in ALL areas of the game. Most of the guys in my alliance have god tier five star champs for all separate content. Five star god tier set for AW defense and attack, five star god tier set for AQ, and five star god tier set for EQ and other solo content.

For players like me, there is no more incentive to play this game. This game's core driving force is the desire to acquire crystals to open and earn new great champions. To get excited and rank them up and to USE them and to progress with them. It makes the hard work less hard and more rewarding when you have a killer five star roster. Some players have a five star roster that can kick major arse, other players do not. The players who do not have said epic five star rosters? Well, they have a five star roster all right. But it's trash. It's literally MONTHS upon MONTHS of hard work and dedication to your game with little to ZERO reward.

Increasingly difficult in game content, increasingly trashy rewards. Kabam, you are on the verge of losing the core of your player base. Your game isn't fun anymore. Your game is too hard for too many players, either do to lack of skill of lack of roster but either way, it's too hard, and the rewards are NOT worth the effort any more. I do not speak for just myself on this matter. I have talked to endless amounts of other players who say the same thing. They work hard, build up crystals, hoping to get something that will make their play just a LITTLE bit easier, and instead they get garbage. All the while they have high tier resources expiring in droves. T1 alphas expiring, t4cc sitting in overflow, about to expire because they have nothing to use them on, etc. Too many GOOD players on the verge of LEAVING this game because it is no longer enjoyable, and the reward for said lack of enjoyment, at this point, is honestly downright insulting. it's offensive. When you pull your second five star Colossus dupe in three crystals after all the hard work and hours you had to spend just to form that crystal to begin with... It's down right insulting.

So please, as a fan of gaming and all things nerd and super heroes, PLEASE do something about this. Make content more manageable for the mid tier gamer. Overhaul the "RNG and general pool of champions from the basic five star crystals. DO something to make this game fun and worth the effort again. Because right now, it's not worth the stress or the hard work. Right now, your game is a joke and a waste of time.

Comments

• spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Open featured crystals. The vast majority of my good champs have come from those. And why weren't you awaiting the blade crystal in a mere few weeks?
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Open featured crystals. The vast majority of my good champs have come from those. And why weren't you awaiting the blade crystal in a mere few weeks?

Ive seen half the people in my alliance open 5* crystals recently. Don't get why they didn't try to get the rest needed and save.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Here's the good champs I've pulled from featured: Voodoo, IMIW, Gulk, duped Winter soldier, rulk, duped wasp, quake, void and hype. Good from basic: Starky, Magik, crossbones and Carnage (pre-buff) and I've opened WAY more basic than featured. If it's that big of an issue, change it up. You'll still pull garbage with featured, but you'll start putting some stronger champs in your roster as well.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Mr_Holl87 wrote: »
    Bye.

But seriously, do you want to be handed god-tier 5* champs? I've been playing since the beginning as a casual, FREE, player (content with the Silver 2 alliance and running Map 3 or 4 in AQ) and aren't exactly blessed with great 5* champs but I make do with what I have. I know my limit. I can complete UC but aren't able to Explore. In terms of EQ, though, I would say this one was much easier than the last couple. I know the game comes with trash and it can be disheartening when pulled, but that's the nature of RNG. Kabam isn't going to change that, ever. It's how they make money.

I'm not asking to be HANDED anything. I'm simply asking for rewards that feel rewarding. As I stated, I work my ass off in this game and get NOTHING for it. I dare you to find a use for twice duped Colossus. No, I don't ask to be handed anything, and I don't ask that Kabam do away with RNG, they just need to fix it. "R"NG isn't really "RANDOM" when some players get nothing but great champs, while other players who work just as hard get nothing but ****. That's not "random" dude. That's exactly what I said it is. ****.

That is the definition of random.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Bye.

But seriously, do you want to be handed god-tier 5* champs? I've been playing since the beginning as a casual, FREE, player (content with the Silver 2 alliance and running Map 3 or 4 in AQ) and aren't exactly blessed with great 5* champs but I make do with what I have. I know my limit. I can complete UC but aren't able to Explore. In terms of EQ, though, I would say this one was much easier than the last couple. I know the game comes with trash and it can be disheartening when pulled, but that's the nature of RNG. Kabam isn't going to change that, ever. It's how they make money.

I'm not asking to be HANDED anything. I'm simply asking for rewards that feel rewarding. As I stated, I work my ass off in this game and get NOTHING for it. I dare you to find a use for twice duped Colossus. No, I don't ask to be handed anything, and I don't ask that Kabam do away with RNG, they just need to fix it. "R"NG isn't really "RANDOM" when some players get nothing but great champs, while other players who work just as hard get nothing but ****. That's not "random" dude. That's exactly what I said it is. ****.

That's the definition of RANDOM. Put away the tin-foil hat. These players that "get nothing but great champs" probably open dozens in a week but only share their best. By comparison, if you open 2 or 3 a week your champ pulls will look worse because you are opening fewer. With so many champs in the champ pool, the odds of getting a "good champ" is so small.

Look at some of the massive crystal openings by different YouTube players and you'll see that quite often they get trash. But shear volume makes it look like they always get good pulls.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Tiger360 wrote: »
    Bye.

Are you working for kabam undercover as I have not seen you say anything against kabam, my dear supine puppet
    Edit: I’m not agreeing with the post as RNG is RNG and you should not expect to get amazing champions, just calling this random guy out here

People who defend company behavior like this are part of the problem.

It’s not a problem, it’s an opinion. I respect yours, you should respect others.
  • Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    How many 5 stars do you have?
This discussion has been closed.