**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Odin cost?

Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I bought an Odin and live in the United States. That's $99.99 USD. When I looked on my credit card statement, my credit card got charged $109.99. Any reasoning for this? Any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Tax.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Yeah I guess you could be right, is that recent? Last time I bought an Odin was in September of 2018 and it only charged my card $99.99, just checked my history.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Apple has always charged tax, with google it's only started recently.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    New law that applies tax to virtual purchases that was rolled into Trumps plan to tax amazon.
  • Ingi_Freyr1975Ingi_Freyr1975 Posts: 175
    Apple combines purchases on one invoice so it could be Odin and another purchase you made earlier.....but you can check your Apple account purchase history to make sure
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    Depends on the state your in. FL doesn't charge e-commerce tax, so when I buy something off the Apple Store for $9.99 per say, I only get charged $9.99. Check your Apple or Google receipt and Google your state laws on e-commerce tax.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    New law that applies tax to virtual purchases that was rolled into Trumps plan to tax amazon.

Ummm...sales tax is determined state by state, and it was a supreme court case that determined sales tax could be charged on online purchases. some states charge sales tax on all online purchases, some tax some and not others, and some states don't tax at all.

No reason to bring that guy into this.
  • Thanks to everyone jumping onto this. This is tax based, as many have stated. I'll be closing this since it was answered.
This discussion has been closed.